1.5g Cycle log

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
@RiR0 Cases like this is why I apply my Litmus test before trying to help/teach people: "You expect me to trust you to spend hours a week training and eating right, when you won't even do a 15 minute Google search?"
I don’t get how one fucks up Doggcrapp training. There’s literally an instruction manual on Intense Muscle.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
@Valdosta I think you’re a decent dude, but why do you insist of doing everything all fucky?

You don’t even remotely need 1.5g of test and if you want to do DC training, read the source material and implement it AS OUTLINED.

I guarantee that Dante Trudell knows more about training than you. Instead of trying to change the program and make it easier, take advantage of that knowledge and use it to help you improve. Five or ten years down the road maybe you’ll want to do your own programming, but you aren’t there yet.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
This is the perfect log to show people how just throwing a bunch of drugs in a dumbass doesn’t equal progress. He’s been blasting and blasting drugs and only weighs 185lbs. This should be a sticky with a warning attached

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
For the sake of not shitting up @Thebiggestdumbass log I’ll say this here
Regardless of what retard @Valdosta says I’m not anti high volume I’m anti useless junk volume and I’m anti training like a pussy. Higher volume can work and has built some big mother fuckers but it has to be done correctly. It also comes down to how you count your sets.
One could call mountain dog training high volume but if you’re only counting hard failure sets then you’re only really working up to about 3 or 4 per body part.
Depending on how you count volume DC training could be considered moderate volume. Take chest for example:
Incline bench 45x10,95x5,135x5,,185x3,205x3,225x3,275x3,305x8,4,2
Done 2x per week this could be considered 22sets is that low volume?
Depends on how you count your volume.
I only count failure and beyond failure sets. I don’t count anything below an rpe of 10.
There’s many ways to skin a cat but you’ve got to get the damn skin off

Reaction score
Regardless of what retard @Valdosta says I’m not anti high volume I’m anti useless junk volume and I’m anti training like a pussy. Higher volume can work and has built some big mother fuckers but it has to be done correctly. It also comes down to how you count your sets.
One could call mountain dog training high volume but if you’re only counting hard failure sets then you’re only really working up to about 3 or 4 per body part.
Depending on how you count volume DC training could be considered moderate volume. Take chest for example:
I only count failure and beyond failure sets. I don’t count anything below an rpe of 10.

Since DC training is such low volume, most people have to put out an intensity where it rquires an advanced level of mind muscle connection and intensity. Definitely not an intermediate or beginner style. Usually, 3-4 sets of 6-8 works best. Accessory lifts are 10-12 range and throw in some 20 and above rep sets. If you're getting close to failure in those ranges, it's effective.

With DC, or Mentzer's HIT , that one set of failure should feel like an entire workout per muscle group. May require a spotter, as well

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gunna be doing a test only cycle, maybe with some sdrol or dbol here and there. 12 weeks. Started a new log just for this cycle, other log got derailed, will return to it but i want this one kinda strict.

Stack:
1.5g test cyp / wk

Diet:
3 cups white rice
2lbs (measured raw) chicken
1lb (cooked) turkey breast

450 carbs
300g protein
3800 calories

Morning weight: 185lbs

Any critiques? Will be having a can of vegetables and some fruits for vitamins but figured I'm hitting my macros without listing them. Just looking to put on a good bit of size by the end of august. May post daily workouts here or just weekly updates. not sure
Previous cycles? Sdrol is toxic stuff and dbol isnt worth it honestly. If I were you I'd do test with an anabolic (deca/npp, EQ- if you can handle it, primo, etcc.). A decent amount of us have gone over a gram before and its not fun. You get some mass but comes along with a prostate the size of a grapefruit, pissing constantly, bad cystic acne, oily skin. Nasty shit. Test/npp and a decent diet will do some drastic changes. I dont mess with orals anymore. The only orals that are worth a damn kill your appetite.

Reaction score
Exactly what you said. It's like when you look at old school ("high volume") routines, e.g. 5x5. But then when you read the journals, it's 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5. So really one working set, the rest are warmups but they're counted. Same as Dorian's. Two warmup sets and one allout set (that's counted), but he said the second warmup set should be 8-12 reps that's close to failure.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Exactly what you said. It's like when you look at old school ("high volume") routines, e.g. 5x5. But then when you read the journals, it's 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 365x5. So really one working set, the rest are warmups but they're counted. Same as Dorian's. Two warmup sets and one allout set (that's counted), but he said the second warmup set should be 8-12 reps that's close to failure.

Guilty as charged

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I have to watch myself or I can be totally guilty of this nonsense. I will get in a rut and just not move up my openers way past when I should be.

Then I sit n look at the logs and seeing where progress is trailing off and ... well whata ya know junk volume sucking the foam off my mug of working sets.

I think some of that comes from us being creatures of habit and repetitive douche bags , we just get in a comfortable place and the diligence can slip a bit.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Since DC training is such low volume, most people have to put out an intensity where it rquires an advanced level of mind muscle connection and intensity. Definitely not an intermediate or beginner style. Usually, 3-4 sets of 6-8 works best. Accessory lifts are 10-12 range and throw in some 20 and above rep sets. If you're getting close to failure in those ranges, it's effective.

With DC, or Mentzer's HIT , that one set of failure should feel like an entire workout per muscle group. May require a spotter, as well
.is this your expert opinion? Have you helped a lot of people in order to come to your conclusion that is the magical rep/set scheme for beginners and intermediates?

Did you completely miss the point of my post or did you just feel like you needed to have some input?

IronSoul

Elite
Reaction score
Previous cycles? Sdrol is toxic stuff and dbol isnt worth it honestly. If I were you I'd do test with an anabolic (deca/npp, EQ- if you can handle it, primo, etcc.). A decent amount of us have gone over a gram before and its not fun. You get some mass but comes along with a prostate the size of a grapefruit, pissing constantly, bad cystic acne, oily skin. Nasty shit. Test/npp and a decent diet will do some drastic changes. I dont mess with orals anymore. The only orals that are worth a damn kill your appetite.

A lot of this is really based on individual differences. Dbol has always been worth it for me, superdrol works great for me too. I’ve never gotten acne even from a gram. Just depends on the person really and the compounds. I know a guy that runs a few compounds over a gram and his blood work is literally perfect and he doesn’t have any issues. He’s on this board. A lot is trial and error with some basic possible side effects for most, in my experience. I did however feel miserable running a gram and couldn’t breathe worth a fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
A lot of this is really based on individual differences. Dbol has always been worth it for me, superdrol works great for me too. I’ve never gotten acne even from a gram. Just depends on the person really and the compounds. I know a guy that runs a few compounds over a gram and his blood work is literally perfect and he doesn’t have any issues. He’s on this board. A lot is trial and error with some basic possible side effects for most, in my experience. I did however feel miserable running a gram and couldn’t breathe worth a fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m a huge fan of sdrol for 2-3 week runs at 10mg a day. The toxicity is way overblown.
I also like dbol a lot.
I can run a lot of test and not really be affected by it negatively. The more I take the better I feel. But like you said it’s all individual.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
.is this your expert opinion? Have you helped a lot of people in order to come to your conclusion that is the magical rep/set scheme for beginners and intermediates?

Did you completely miss the point of my post or did you just feel like you needed to have some input?
for what its worth, mind you not a professional opinion, but i get what hes saying and tend to agree with him in a sense.

DC training and similar are HARD AF and require a certain level of mental toughness and experience. I dont think most novice/intermediate lifters have what it takes to be disciplined enough to pull off the training. Not that i dont think its necessarily bad for new/novice lifters, but i really dont think its the right tool in the box to tackle that job.

New Threads