1st Cycle Test E -> Gained 19 lbs > unexpected side effect!!

Reaction score
Here goes my experience:

i'm 34 years old 6'1" 167 lbs BF 16% trained for 4 years when i decided to start my first cycle 4 weeks ago. (my diet is on check)

- Got Testosterone Enanthate 250 mg/ml from a well known UGL.
- Tested using RoidTest kit which was 100% positive Test E.
- started injecting twice a week 500 mg.

i felt the strength from week 2 and it felt so good a lot of energy i spent 3 hours in the GYM every other day and i feel i can spend even more time if my joints did not start to hurt.

Diet:
- i use my fitness pal to track my calories i increased my calories intake to 4681 cal (Protein 350g, Carb 592g, Fat 102g)

Result
-- WK 1 gained 7 lbs
-- WK 2 gained 6 lbs
-- WK 3 gained 4 lbs
-- WK 4 gained 2 lbs (total gained 19lbs probably 7-8 lbs muscle the rest water and fat) both biceps has 1.25 in increase my gains are slowing down though!!
Did Blood work
-- my Testosterone says High > 1500 ng/dl (off the chart could not provide me with a number that was sad)
-- Free test > 50 pg/ml
-- ALT High 56 IU/L (yes even inject-able will effect your liver enzymes but not by that much) i can live with it
-- Estradiol high 141 pg/ml ( i know i know i did not want to use aromasin until i get my first blood work i don't wanted to **** up my estrogen level beside i did not feel any signs of high estrogen ) i am doing now 25mg of aromasin every day for a week then every other day until week 8 for another blood test
BF increased to 19% but that's still good i expect to gain fat.

Side effects
- i read so much about side effects so far i've got one that i did not expect:
-- Allergic reaction from the injection (Rash spreading across all my body) no itching though known as (chronic hives) i have never had it all my life (looks like the world map painted with flat dark skin pattern) every day it keeps spreading lol, does anyone of you guys has it before. honestly i can live with it, it did not reach to my legs or face yet. i still have 8 weeks to go my strength is getting stronger everyday, libido still high as always even with high estrogen. i'm hard instantly when the time comes..

do you advice me to stop because of the rash or keep going to week 8 or 12 ? i love my new gains though :)

Thank you!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Try some Benadryl for the hives.

You felt nothing but placebo at 2 weeks. That’s ok because placebo works!

seems like way too many calories for a guy your size.

You're really going to start feeling it at week 5-6.

You are being too aggressive with the AI. I don’t use aromisin so I cannot advise. But too much.

Great work. Keep it up unless you think you should stop because of the hives (I have no experience and cannot offer advice expert to try an antihistamine.

Reaction score
Jin: Thank you! your reply was very informative! i will keep going. i'll let you know if Benadryl works.
Beserker: Doctors at this stage are useless (i know it's allergic reaction to steroid injection) i cannot tell that to my doctor otherwise it will be in my medical record. it's always wise not to tell your doctor you are using this stuff unless if it's near death situation but for a rash i will deal with it for now.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
167 @ 16% is roughly 26lbs of body fat.
186 @ 19% is roughly 35lbs of body fat.

That's 9lbs of fat in a month. If you do the energy surplus math...you can see that you stored ~31,000 of those cals as fat. You probably could stand to cut it back 1k cals a day and still make progress.

But the rash is normal. I had some labs do that. Some Benadryl or hydrocortisone cream ought to square it.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Beserker: Doctors at this stage are useless (i know it's allergic reaction to steroid injection) i cannot tell that to my doctor otherwise it will be in my medical record. it's always wise not to tell your doctor you are using this stuff unless if it's near death situation but for a rash i will deal with it for now.
You realize that the only person that can see these "records" is your doctor, right? It is just silly not to tell your doc.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
You're gonna crash your E2 at those dosages. Trust me it sucks.
Everyone is different but i'd do 25mg 2x a week for 2 weeks and then once a week for the duration and even at that you may wind up going low.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Got a solid PCT lined up???.....Be carefull not to make that big mistake,many make....1 or 2 weeks after day X,,you jump back on..!!Seen it a 1,000 times...It's a real temptation especially at the end of cycle 1..........If you find yourself concidering it,,post up and get some advice............It's a common problem,don't give in to the temp............Run a solid PCT recover and plan the next wisely...............

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have any skin conditions? Prior to the cycle that is

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
These guys know a lot more about chemistry than I do.

What I DO KNOW is... Two people you never lie to, your doctor and your lawyer

Reaction score
You realize that the only person that can see these "records" is your doctor, right? It is just silly not to tell your doc.
You are 100% right, however the issue is not telling the doctor. the biggest issue is with health insurance once they find out from your doctor report you will be risking losing it due to your irresponsible behavior toward your health. health insurance will flag you and it will be harder to fight the claims. even worst if i die using this stuff my family won't get paid for my life insurance.

Thank you for you reply though i appreciate it.

Reaction score
167 16% is roughly 26lbs of body fat.
186 19% is roughly 35lbs of body fat.

That's 9lbs of fat in a month. If you do the energy surplus math...you can see that you stored ~31,000 of those cals as fat. You probably could stand to cut it back 1k cals a day and still make progress.

But the rash is normal. I had some labs do that. Some Benadryl or hydrocortisone cream ought to square it.

Thanks Joliver!
i bought Benadryl & Cortisone cream today i will start using them right away and let ya know after a week if that help!

i'm half the way of week 5 now my weight is 188 and 19.6% BF. i will reduce my calorie intake to 3500 cal i started to lose the definition around my abs with all the fat. can i start cutting now for the rest of the 8 weeks or this is a bad idea. i love my new gains and being on Test E, people at work start to notice the new gains under my T-shirt i've never had got this big ever but i hate gaining these extra fat. if that's not possible to cut now i can start cutting after the cycle.

Thank you again!

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you have any skin conditions? Prior to the cycle that is

No medical condition or skin condition at all my life so far. i had perfect Blood work before starting my first cycle was on the high or low side.
i don't even take medicine when i'm sick not even Tylenol. i just try to avoid them at all cost because eventually my body will get better on it's own i know it's weird that i decided to start injecting myself but hey..as all of us here will do whatever it takes to get big!!

Reaction score
Got a solid PCT lined up???.....Be carefull not to make that big mistake,many make....1 or 2 weeks after day X,,you jump back on..!!Seen it a 1,000 times...It's a real temptation especially at the end of cycle 1..........If you find yourself concidering it,,post up and get some advice............It's a common problem,don't give in to the temp............Run a solid PCT recover and plan the next wisely...............

Thanks Gabriel!
so this is what i got so far for my PCT

OPTION 1:
wait 2 weeks after the last injection until all the stuff get out .
1- every day for 2 weeks
-- Clomid 50 mg
-- Nolvadex 40 mg
then the next 2 weeks
-- Clomid 25 mg
-- Nolvadex 20 mg
then blood work

OPTION 2:
wait 2 weeks after the last injection until all the stuff get out .

1- start injecting HCG 750 for 4 days
2- HCG 500 for 3 days
3- HCG 250 for 2 days
4- then Nolvadex 40 mg for 2 weeks then 20 mg for 2 weeks
i'm just trying to avoid Clomid at all cost it has bad vision side effect as i found out from reading around.

what do you think? Option 1 or 2 is the best to go for
i know i am gonna lose at least 40-50% of my gain but that's still fine if i ended up with 15 lbs gain then i am ok with 7.5 do it again after 4-5 months then i will be at 15lbs by end of the year better than being a natty and gaining 3 lbs after a year

Reaction score
You're gonna crash your E2 at those dosages. Trust me it sucks.
Everyone is different but i'd do 25mg 2x a week for 2 weeks and then once a week for the duration and even at that you may wind up going low.

Thanks Rhino99!
i will start doing 2x 25mg a week for 2 weeks then 1x 25mg for a week .
will do a blood test by week 8 then we will find out.

New Threads