Ain't this some nonsense - Fentanyl test strips

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
So states now like Mississippi and others are making fentanyl test strips legal cus too much harm is coming to dope fiends .... Yet no one can get anything decent for testing gear in this country .... Such bullshit , protect the drug addicts but folks just lookin to be bigger and stronger can go fuck themselves.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's always been a weird thing for me too, yea? Drug addicts are to be pitied and supported. Blokes who use gear are to be reviled as 'cheaters'. I tend to think optics play a big part of it. When ye walk into the market as a weightlifter, lots of raised eyebrows and maybe a bit of jealousy & so people think "They must be on steroids" as a way of dealing with their initial thought of "I wish I looked more like that".

Reaction score
So states now like Mississippi and others are making fentanyl test strips legal cus too much harm is coming to dope fiends .... Yet no one can get anything decent for testing gear in this country .... Such bullshit , protect the drug addicts but folks just lookin to be bigger and stronger can go fuck themselves.

what decent testing is there for gear that doesn't require sending it to a lab and having a well trained technician analyze it using hundred thousand dollar equipment? If a simple litmus test existed for gear it wpuld be a different story, but these two are uncomparable

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
It's a far more damaging and insidious public health issue.

That's the crux of it. There is only so much money and resources to go round. From the perspective of public health and municipal planning, Fentanyl is a big problem for more than just the user taking it. It ties up emergency services to administer Narcan to people overdosing who may not have been aware their stuff was cut with Fent. It ties up hospital staff for those affluent enough to afford treatment. People are dying in the streets from Fent OD. Public health officials have an obligation do something about corpses littering the streets. It also ties up resources to deal with said corpses.

Steroids have always been a "behind the scenes" drug and for the great majority of users that is absolutely the case. People can use and abuse steroids with virtually no impact to the public at large and the margin of error with steroids is much larger before your life becomes an immediate risk.

Preventing Fent OD frees up already stressed hospital and emergency services. Keeping corpses off the street can improve the chances of people immigrating to the area and retention of people already there. It can improve property values that can also improve the areas municipal bond rating, affording them more money for projects among other public interests. Not to mention the political points.

We live in a capitalist society and fighting the Fentanyl crisis has a much great return on investment.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
That's the crux of it. There is only so much money and resources to go round. From the perspective of public health and municipal planning, Fentanyl is a big problem for more than just the user taking it. It ties up emergency services to administer Narcan to people overdosing who may not have been aware their stuff was cut with Fent. It ties up hospital staff for those affluent enough to afford treatment. People are dying in the streets from Fent OD. Public health officials have an obligation do something about corpses littering the streets. It also ties up resources to deal with said corpses.

Steroids have always been a "behind the scenes" drug and for the great majority of users that is absolutely the case. People can use and abuse steroids with virtually no impact to the public at large and the margin of error with steroids is much larger before your life becomes an immediate risk.

Preventing Fent OD frees up already stressed hospital and emergency services. Keeping corpses off the street can improve the chances of people immigrating to the area and retention of people already there. It can improve property values that can also improve the areas municipal bond rating, affording them more money for projects among other public interests. Not to mention the political points.

We live in a capitalist society and fighting the Fentanyl crisis has a much great return on investment.
I see all that as valid ,, damn you and your logic Ron :ROFLMAO:

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
I’m gonna have to do some research on fentanyl. I know it’s an issue but don’t know why, how, or when it started.

We still have an opioid issue as well as far as I know.

I don’t think the issue is these test strips. I think the issue is much deeper, complex, and costly to fix.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna have to do some research on fentanyl. I know it’s an issue but don’t know why, how, or when it started.

We still have an opioid issue as well as far as I know.

I don’t think the issue is these test strips. I think the issue is much deeper, complex, and costly to fix.
fentanyl is an opioid.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
fentanyl is an opioid.

Okay. Thanks. I know literally zero about it. So the opioid issue is just increasing then? That’s too bad. I kind of get it though. Morphine is like a warm cozy hug from God. I’m glad I don’t have access to that type of stuff.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks. I know literally zero about it. So the opioid issue is just increasing then? That’s too bad. I kind of get it though. Morphine is like a warm cozy hug from God. I’m glad I don’t have access to that type of stuff.
fent is a opioid pain medication 100 times stronger than morphine, its so dangerous because of how potent it is, 2-3 MG is a potentially lethal dose. that amount fits on the tip of a pencil.
because of its strength and popularity is finding its way into all kinds of shit, basically if it comes from a dealer, or came from china, theres a chance its contaminated with fent.

a lot of the people dying from it, arent even taking it, but other, less harmful drugs that have been contaminated with it, since such a small amount can be so effective.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score

Yes and no.

A lethal dose of Fentanyl is incredibly small compared to even pure Heroin. Fent is also cheap and widely available. A small amount of it can be used to cut a huge amount of drugs which is making it very lucrative for dealers to cut with. Dealers are using it to cut other drugs to make it seem like the drugs they're offering are more pure and more powerful. Unfortunately because the lethal dose is so incredibly small, if you're not aware that your drugs have been cut with Fent you are in very real danger of overdosing even if you "know your limits".

Fentanyl has a odd effect on addicts seeking drugs. Say if Jimmy dies from taking Fentanyl laced heroin from the guy down the block, addicts will often seek that dealer out because they know he's selling the strong shit. More bang for your buck is attractive to those who are in constant short supply of cash.

People who aren't even looking for Fent are finding it in their coke, ket, heroine, you name it. If you don't know it's there, you're as good as dead.

Addiction is no joke.

Lethal doses of Heroin, Fentanyl and Carfentanil side by side:

carfentanil.jpg

Last edited:

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
fent is a opioid pain medication 100 times stronger than morphine, its so dangerous because of how potent it is, 2-3 MG is a potentially lethal dose. that amount fits on the tip of a pencil.
because of its strength and popularity is finding its way into all kinds of shit, basically if it comes from a dealer, or came from china, theres a chance its contaminated with fent.

a lot of the people dying from it, arent even taking it, but other, less harmful drugs that have been contaminated with it, since such a small amount can be so effective.

Thanks for the download. So yes. Much more complex and costly than helping people not die by providing test strips. And I tell you this. I loved my morphine shot. Sounds like if I took fentanyl I would be an instant addict. And I don’t really have an addictive personality.

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Yes and no.
A lethal dose of Fentanyl is incredibly small compared to even pure Heroine. Fent is also cheap and widely available. A small amount of it can be used to cut a huge amount of drugs which is making it very lucrative for dealers to cut with. Dealers are using it to cut other drugs to make it seem like the drugs they're offering are more pure and more powerful. Unfortunately because the lethal dose is so incredibly small, if you're not aware that your drugs have been cut with Fent you are in very real danger of overdosing even if you "know your limits".

Fentanyl has a odd effect on addicts seeking drugs. Say if Jimmy dies from taking Fentanyl laced heroine from the guy down the block, addicts will often seek that dealer out because they know he's selling the strong shit.

Addiction is no joke.

Lethal doses of Heroine, Fentanyl and Carfentanyl side by side:

carfentanil.jpg

That’s crazy. I assume those amount in the picture are “pure” and not cut. Meaning that there is zero additives in the heroin sample.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
That’s crazy. I assume those amount in the picture are “pure” and not cut. Meaning that there is zero additives in the heroin sample.

It is essentially lab grade in that pic, yes. It still serves to highlight how many orders of magnitude more deadly Fent is gram per gram than something like Heroin.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Thanks for the download. So yes. Much more complex and costly than helping people not die by providing test strips. And I tell you this. I loved my morphine shot. Sounds like if I took fentanyl I would be an instant addict. And I don’t really have an addictive personality.
ive had real pain killers one time in my life, when i had my wisdom teeth removed. by the end of it, it scared me how much i was looking forward to the next pill, despite not really needing it at that point.

after seeing how easy it is, i havent trusted myself and have refused hardcore pain meds since, even when i broke my back i took only ibuprofen to manage the pain.

its honestly terrifying how easily it could happen

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
ive had real pain killers one time in my life, when i had my wisdom teeth removed. by the end of it, it scared me how much i was looking forward to the next pill, despite not really needing it at that point.

after seeing how easy it is, i havent trusted myself and have refused hardcore pain meds since, even when i broke my back i took only ibuprofen to manage the pain.

its honestly terrifying how easily it could happen

Yeah. I had that morphine for a kidney stone. I was amazed at the effects. How rapidly it took ALL the pain away. How happy I felt. I felt love. Wicked scary for sure.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Yeah. I had that morphine for a kidney stone. I was amazed at the effects. How rapidly it took ALL the pain away. How happy I felt. I felt love. Wicked scary for sure.
Tumies - sounds like twomies - were big in the 80s til Flynn Pharma stopped making them.

Tuinal , Seconal and Amytal that was the "original" killer , like oxys were and now this fentynal garbage. Those fucking pills put a lot of people in the ground back then and no one learned a damn thing.

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
Fentanyl is also unique in the high seems to be much more short lived than the classic morphine derivatives. It promotes frequent redosing as well a rapid increase in tolerance. Also doesn't seem to have that deep sense of wellbeing/euphoria that the classic opioids have.
What first started as an adulterant to stretch batches of heroin, has no become the main ingredient. To top it off you're counting on low level drug dealers to uniformly mix your ~50ug dose into whatever filler/binder they're using. You can sometimes follow a "hot" batch of pills down an interstate just by the amount of ODs in a single night.
If you can still score real heroin you must be a king among junkies. I'ma little skeptical about some of the reports of Fentanyl being other drugs. I'm sure it can happen but I think a lot of the stories could also be people not wanting to admit they had a bit of a opioid problem.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but at any point ch-y-na can put that shit into all our meds including powders and tabs and kill us all off, i want to check everything now for fent

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
You can sometimes follow a "hot" batch of pills down an interstate just by the amount of ODs in a single night.
Ive seen that shit first hand at festivals security and the cops follow the trail of od's til they find the dude selling bunk shit if he aint in the wind already.

New Threads