Anabolic dosages for first timers

Reaction score
One thing I want to bring up is the way a lot of advice given to young gym junkies is the dosage they require to grow. How you need 4-500 mig of test as a starting dose. This is bullshit. The male body on average makes 7mig of test per day. For a first coarse start low and grow. Get the most out of minimal . If you can't grow of 1ml of test e per week it's probably your diet and lack of quality workouts, not the juice. Stop relying on the
Gear and start training like you want gains.
Nothing is for free.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
I think this philosophy comes from how you grow when your are brand new to gear……I personally only did 4-500mgs test only cycles for first couple years.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No one is saying you can’t grow on 1 ml . I see it this way if your gonna risk your health and shut down your natural production of testosterone might as well get the most out of it and use a dose that will bring some nice gains . 1 ml is just a bit more then a trt dose . I grow just fine on 125 mg of test too.

Reaction score
I think this philosophy comes from how you grow when your are brand new to gear……I personally only did 4-500mgs test only cycles for first couple years.
Agree bro. As you grow then you can up the gear when needed. An overnight accomplishment never lasts but a lifetime commitment and you will get and keep the results

Reaction score
No one is saying you can’t grow on 1 ml . I see it this way if your gonna risk your health and shut down your natural production of testosterone might as well get the most out of it and use a dose that will bring some nice gains . 1 ml is just a bit more then a trt dose . I grow just fine on 125 mg of test too.
I do agree but how many of us only shut the system down once. We get addicted and constantly gear up. I've got the dreaded stretch marks under the arms from growing 2 quickly when starting out and they will never go away. Now that I'm older I realise that i would have got the same results with less sides had I been in such a rush for mass.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
The problem with this assumption nos that it implies that everyone has the same level of androgen receptors to make full use of the a full 500mg.

If we're talking someone who trained natty for 10 years, then they could probably make full use of that dose. If we're talking about someone with 3 years of training... then probably not so much.

There other outliers too, those that over respond, those that under respond, those who are sensitive and get too many sides over a certain dosage, etc.

I agree with the OP that most are quick to throw out the generic "do 500mg of test", without trying to understand the background of the person question first.

With that said.. 500mg is sure to cover anyone, if a person doesnt feel like going through the hassle of evaluating what is a better starting dose for them.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Counting who got how many angrogen receptor is going to deep for me .. Who even knows where the 500 mg of test even came from or who started that ?? There are no real rules to this aas game ..My philosophy is if your gonna do it do it all the way .. I’m sure a newb will get good results on 300 mg or 400 too .. just happens to be 500 everyone recommends

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well said mate. It just gets to me when a newbe posts his first course of 250mig of test and certain people jump in saying that you won't grow unless you take at least 500.
Like you said, not everyone is the same. Start low if you don't grow up it a little. Why waste gear if your sweet spot is lower than 500.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well said mate. It just gets to me when a newbe posts his first course of 250mig of test and certain people jump in saying that you won't grow unless you take at least 500.
Like you said, not everyone is the same. Start low if you don't grow up it a little. Why waste gear if your sweet spot is lower than 500.
Most if not all new user don’t think that way . They are to excited and want to get huge . Last thing they are thinking of is wasting gear

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I still get good results on 300 to 400 mg too by the way

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same here bro. I honestly prefer lower test and let the other compounds do there work
I was always a higher test or even with the other compounds guy like 500 test 500 deca . I tried the lower test higher other compounds and didn’t like how I felt .A lot people love the lower test way specially if you have estrogen issues

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Counting who got how many angrogen receptor is going to deep for me .. Who even knows where the 500 mg of test even came from or who started that ?? There are no real rules to this aas game ..My philosophy is if your gonna do it do it all the way .. I’m sure a newb will get good results on 300 mg or 400 too .. just happens to be 500 everyone recommences
Everything you said is very true. No one can know amount of AR a person has. When I make custom recommendations, I always use a person's weight and body fat to make assumptions of what dose I think may be good for them... but it's not like I really know.. I admit it's just a guess.

I think this is why the 500mg recommendation is so popular. It takes the guess work out of the equation. That's probably why we all still blindly recommend bit. You know what they say... If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. 😁

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I was always a higher test or even with the other compounds guy like 500 test 500 deca . I tried the lower test higher other compounds and didn’t like how I felt .A lot people love the lower test way specially if you have estrogen issues
I'm the same way... Higher test, or at least equal test, just feels better to me in general.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
Low test mgs (125-200mg) is the long game the one I am presently on with future torches planned…….BUT I’m a patient man.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
If we're talking someone who trained natty for 10 years, then they could probably make full use of that dose. If we're talking about someone with 3 years of training... then probably not so much.
I fall square into this category. I trained natty for over 10 years and am on my first cycle at 500mg.

While I can't speak much further on the topic since my personal, first hand, experience with enhancent is in it's infancy. I can say I agree that in most cases, people taking the plunge don't need to go to 500mg. I feel insane on 500 and can imagine that half the dose would still be insane feeling. That being said, there's a lot of really good arguments for doing ~500 that people have had over the years and I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with starting at that dose. It's all based on the users experience and goals.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I feel like this is a lot of old school philosophy that's on its way out.

As someone newer to the game, I'm seeing a lot of people sharing your sentiments against the cookie cutter 500 test starter cycle. I did a sickening amount of research and reading before I got started and would have to say the majority of what I saw shared your line of thinking.

Only time I saw the old "you won't grow on less than 500" were people being satirical

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen anyone say you won’t grow on anything less then 500 mg.. It’s up to the user to pick what dose he wants to use .. After a few cycles you should know what test is about and what dose you should use

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Everything you said is very true. No one can know amount of AR a person has. When I make custom recommendations, I always use a person's weight and body fat to make assumptions of what dose I think may be good for them... but it's not like I really know.. I admit it's just a guess.

I think this is why the 500mg recommendation is so popular. It takes the guess work out of the equation. That's probably why we all still blindly recommend bit. You know what they say... If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. 😁
A persons size and weight really doesn’t matter much when it comes to what dose they should use

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You gotta experiment a little now and then .. I tried a gram of test once . I got kinda dizzy and felt like shit on it so I knew that wasn’t for me .. experiment cause no one really has the correct answer on what is the best dose

New Threads