app for tracking lifting at gym

Reaction score
I'm a tech weenie / nerd. Make my living at it.
I know how important it is to track my workouts in order to measure success of I'm looking for progress or numbers.

I'm old and old school and forget about my phone or app.

Any recommendations? I think it is time to ditch the old school written log and use electronics.

Cheers!

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
I’ve used NSuns and Stronglifts as apps because they’re programs too.

Ive found digitally that using Google Sheets has worked well.

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I’ve used NSuns and Stronglifts as apps because they’re programs too.

Ive found digitally that using Google Sheets has worked well.
I have excel spreadsheets for my training blocks too. Makes it easy... run the iteration after you program it and voila... your training numbers for the whole block.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I just leave little notes/symbols on that day's entries, let's me know how it went, whether to increase or stay the same the following week, stuff like that.

Reaction score
All great suggestions and I cam see the merits of pen and paper as well as electronic.

I have a spreadsheet I print out and take with. I can't believe I forgot about using it online with Office 365 or Google Docs.

Reactions: ftf

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
All great suggestions and I cam see the merits of pen and paper as well as electronic.

I have a spreadsheet I print out and take with. I can't believe I forgot about using it online with Office 365 or Google Docs.
I LIVE AND DIE BY MY GOOGLE DRIVE

sfw509

Reaction score
I use an app called FitNotes. its very easy to use and you can add in your own exercises. It tracks pr's and has some good charts and analysis tools. ive been using it for a few years and an happy with it.

Reaction score
I use an app called FitNotes. its very easy to use and you can add in your own exercises. It tracks pr's and has some good charts and analysis tools. ive been using it for a few years and an happy with it.
Loaded up Fitnote and took it to the gym. I'm hooked and thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated.

sfw509

Reaction score
Glad i could help. Its really simple and intuitive. And thats what i need, im not tech savvy.

sfw509

Reaction score
Hahaha. Yeah, I was sick of writing things down and one day downloaded a few apps to mess around with. that was by far the best one.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hahaha. Yeah, I was sick of writing things down and one day downloaded a few apps to mess around with. that was by far the best one.
I downloaded it to check it out, already deleted/edited/added exercises.

I will NOT ditch my pen and notebook though, never ever ever!!!!.....but just want to see how it is. 😊

sfw509

Reaction score
There is something to be said for a hand written workout journal. But this is pretty damn convenient.

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Short term I still use a Notepad app on my phone and long term i use mircosoft word lol.

New Threads