Back Surgery

Reaction score
Surgery is scheduled for next week. I’m excited but also somewhat afraid. Hoping for the best outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck ... with both the operation and recovery.

One tiny upside is that gliding into unconsciousness feeling. I always enjoyed that whenever I went under.

GSgator

Reaction score
Surgery is scheduled for next week. I’m excited but also somewhat afraid. Hoping for the best outcome.

Good luck man I hope it brings you relief and your back to living a pain free life again which Im sure it will .

Just listen to what they say man and take it nice and easy .

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I’m one day post op and so far I’m feeling pretty good. I ended up meeting with a surgeon who performs endoscopic discectomies where they go through a tiny incision. You are awake for the procedure and only given a mild sedative. They used a local anesthetic. My sciatica pain has almost vanished. Still have some mild numbness and tingling. It’s still too early to tell if I’m outta the woods yet but I’m happy this far. I’ll keep you guys posted.

lifter6973

Drama Queen
Reaction score
So I’m one day post op and so far I’m feeling pretty good. I ended up meeting with a surgeon who performs endoscopic discectomies where they go through a tiny incision. You are awake for the procedure and only given a mild sedative. They used a local anesthetic. My sciatica pain has almost vanished. Still have some mild numbness and tingling. It’s still too early to tell if I’m outta the woods yet but I’m happy this far. I’ll keep you guys posted.

nice

GSgator

Reaction score

This is good to hear . What are they saying for a time line on activity’s ?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is good to hear . What are they saying for a time line on activity’s ?

I started walking today. Nothing crazy just a 15 minute walk in the neighborhood. I can increase that daily based on my comfort level. No bending lifting or twisting for the first 4 weeks. Can start PT after 2 weeks but I’m guessing it’s going to be very limited. I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to the gym until at least 6-8 weeks. And even at that it will be light weights. It’s going to be slow and steady. I need to find a hobby in the mean time.

Reaction score
Hey dude how is it going?? I know this is an old thread. But…

Had a microdisectomy when I was 16-17 years old.

My mom was helping me out my shoes on anx I was dragging my leg down the hall way. Never experienced a more miserable pain in my life. 6-7 injections did fuck all. I would also go to football practice the day after… got a bleeding ulcer from 30 Motrin a day too. Not fun stuff

But all is well now! Make sure you take care of it and take PT serious. I have a ton of imbalances in fixing now from letting things get out of hand.

Hope all is well

Reaction score
Most of my spine is fused and chambered in rods. I can relate. You're recovering really quickly, that's cool. One thing that's useful for long term recovery once you can move around the house just fine again is dynamic movement workouts. That will help you transition back to the life you had. Don't rush it though, it took me about a year just to get to the point of being able to stretch my body out vertically.

Good luck!

New Threads