Biggest bodybuilding athlete "busts" of all time.

Reaction score
We see in other sports guys who were proclaimed to be the next big thing that never achieved their full potential. The hype surrounding them never amounted to anything really.

What athletes in the sport of bodybuilding do you remember were hyped up beyond belief but never won a major show? Sergio Oliva Jr. comes to mind as one of the most recent competitors competing today who pretty much is a bust. Everyone was saying how he was going to contend for the Olympia, and I don't think he has ever placed has he? He does have a top 5 in the Arnold and a win in the New York Pro though.

But lets be honest, thats far from dominating the sport like so many believed he would.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We see in other sports guys who were proclaimed to be the next big thing that never achieved their full potential. The hype surrounding them never amounted to anything really.

What athletes in the sport of bodybuilding do you remember were hyped up beyond belief but never won a major show? Sergio Oliva Jr. comes to mind as one of the most recent competitors competing today who pretty much is a bust. Everyone was saying how he was going to contend for the Olympia, and I don't think he has ever placed has he? He does have a top 5 in the Arnold and a win in the New York Pro though.

But lets be honest, thats far from dominating the sport like so many believed he would.
By the title of this thread and before reading your post, I thought this thread was gonna go in an entirely different direction.....lol

Reaction score
By the title of this thread and before reading your post, I thought this thread was gonna go in an entirely different direction.....lol
lol I understand completely. Love your avatar by the way!

Reaction score
Zack Khan. Looked like a monster in photos, but faded next to other IFBB pros. Tearing his quads really set him back.
article-2443678-1883E36200000578-829_634x738.jpg