Bold cyp crashing

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I noticed gear that didn't crash in a vial would sometimes crash if stored in a slin pin. For some reason it's easier/faster for crystals to form in a narrower space.

So now my crash test consists of putting 0.5ml - 1ml in an insulin syringe, and putting it in the fridge for 1-2 days. 😎

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I noticed gear that didn't crash in a vial would sometimes crash if stored in a slin pin. For some reason it's easier/faster for crystals to form in a narrower space.

So now my crash test consists of putting 0.5ml - 1ml in an insulin syringe, and putting it in the fridge for 1-2 days. 😎
If I had to venture a guess, the solvent in the gear is probably slightly dissolving the stopper of the pin and those small stopper particles potentiate nucleation due to their relative low energy and resultant potential to act as nucleation sites.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
If I had to venture a guess, the solvent in the gear is probably slightly dissolving the stopper of the pin and those small stopper particles potentiate nucleation due to their relative low energy and resultant potential to act as nucleation sites.
Possibly, though I don't use super solvents and rarely go over 20% bb. Most of my brews are 15% bb or less, and for some I use near 0%. I wouldn't think this would be enough to break down the stopper in a short time frame.

Either way I accidentally discovered a way to force gear to crash fairly quickly. Usually within 0 - 2 hours instead of days 😁. Though I still let it sit in the refrigerator for a full 1-2 days if it doesn't crash immediately.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Once I got it to hold last time it was perfectly fine. Didn’t even have any PIP from the higher BB concentration in it
One lab I’ve bought from gives me PIP in both test and dbol. The damn BB is way too high.

Reaction score

The smaller amount of oil is more sensitive to temperature fluctuations.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
The smaller amount of oil is more sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
That’s also very true. But that shouldn’t matter at room temperature unless your furnace is on the fritz.

21 degrees in 1ml is the same as 21 degrees in 50 ml

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
That’s also very true. But that shouldn’t matter at room temperature unless your furnace is on the fritz.
I have 50ml of NPP I brewed at 200mg/ml. It crashes about once every 2 weeks. If I put some in a slin pin then the oil in the syringe will crash 2 - 4 days before the 50ml vial crashes. This is even at room temperature.

wsmwannabe

Reaction score
I have 50ml of NPP I brewed at 200mg/ml. It crashes about once every 2 weeks. If I put some in a slin pin then the oil in the syringe will crash 2 - 4 days before the 50ml vial crashes. This is even at room temperature.
I wonder how much of it has to do with pressure. You have air in the vial that allows for more (or less) expansion and contraction of the oil. I wonder if not having that pressure buffer in a slin pin changes how quickly it crashes? Try leaving air in the syringe next time, if don't already do that

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
The physical transfer of the solution to the syringe will also impact precipitation since you’re providing activation energy by transferring it. If you’re close to the maximum solubility that could cause some crashing.

It’s possible that the crashing is due to the smaller volume being more sensitive to temperature, but even a 0.0001 ml sample won’t drop below the ambient temperature of the room.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
The physical transfer of the solution to the syringe will also impact precipitation since you’re providing activation energy by transferring it. If you’re close to the maximum solubility that could cause some crashing.

It’s possible that the crashing is due to the smaller volume being more sensitive to temperature, but even a 0.0001 ml sample won’t drop below the ambient temperature of the room.
I doubt it's the act of transferring it to a syringe. Like I said, the oil is stable for about 2 weeks at a time.

If it was the act of drawing into a syringe triggering the crash, then I would expect for it to happen within 1-2 days of putting it into the slin pin. However the crash doesn't happen for about 1-1.5 weeks in the syringe.

I can't say why it's different; my hypothesis is that since the container is smaller/narrower that it's easier for the crystals, too small to be visible yet, to chain together.

i remember the first time I saw it happen. The entire contents of the slin pin had solidified 😂. Then a few days later the vial crashes, and then the lightbulb went off in my head.

Last edited:

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I doubt it's the act of transferring it to a syringe. Like I said, the oil is stable for about 2 weeks at a time.

If it was the act of drawing into a syringe triggering the crash, then I would expect for it to happen within 1-2 days of putting it into the slin pin. However the crash doesn't happen for about 1-1.5 weeks in the syringe.

I can't say why it's different; only giving people a method to crash test their gear in a faster manner.
I’m just conjecturing. I have a tendency to do that.

Doing a crash test in a 1ml syringe in the fridge is a good idea, though. @Jet Labs is absolutely right, smaller amounts of liquid are more prone to quicker temperature variations. That won’t really do anything at room temp because the temperature is stable, but the will definitely cool a lot faster when moved into the refrigerator than a large sample would.

You’re essentially stress testing the brew in the worse case scenario. If it passes that, it’s going to hold in normal conditions for sure.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I can't say why it's different; my hypothesis is that since the container is smaller/narrower that it's easier for the crystals, too small to be visible yet, to chain together.

i remember the first time I saw it happen. The entire contents of the slin pin had solidified 😂. Then a few days later the vial crashes, and then the lightbulb went off in my head.

Reaction score
I’m just conjecturing. I have a tendency to do that.

Doing a crash test in a 1ml syringe in the fridge is a good idea, though. @Jet Labs is absolutely right, smaller amounts of liquid are more prone to quicker temperature variations. That won’t really do anything at room temp because the temperature is stable, but the will definitely cool a lot faster when moved into the refrigerator than a large sample would.

You’re essentially stress testing the brew in the worse case scenario. If it passes that, it’s going to hold in normal conditions for sure.

89% of the time I'm right every time ;)

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
That shouldn’t be the case in a solution since the solute is evenly dispersed in the solvent. The space between the molecules is the same despite the size of the container.

Not trying to shoot you down, I just love theorycrafting :geek:

I’m wondering if it’s the surface area of the side walls in comparison to the amount of liquid. A lot of the liquid in a 1ml syringe contacts the side walls when compared to a beaker. That could potentially cause nucleation.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
That shouldn’t be the case in a solution since the solute is evenly dispersed in the solvent. The space between the molecules is the same despite the size of the container.

Not trying to shoot you down, I just love theorycrafting :geek:

I’m wondering if it’s the surface area of the side walls in comparison to the amount of liquid. A lot of the liquid in a 1ml syringe contacts the side walls when compared to a beaker. That could potentially cause nucleation.
Welp, keep on theorying on your own 😂. I'm giving the thread back to the OP 😎

wsmwannabe

Reaction score
So here’s the test results from Jano. The bold ace test looks pretty good. The bold cyp I didn’t have any raw powder left over after I brewed it so I sent in the oil I brewed, I intended to do a brew at 200 mg/mL with a 5% OD (so 210), BUT I cut it a few times with more BB (going from a calculation of 20% BB to about 25-26% BB) and I think I may have filtered some of the raw powder out of the oil because I kept clogging syringe filters very quickly. I calculated it to be 188 mg/mL assuming a purity of 96%, but there’s really know what of knowing how much hormone I lost when filtering. I would still buy their bold cyp again with confidence. Both raws came from PPL

D6FF49DD-5231-4380-9171-76B0492191BE.jpeg

Attachments

• 3C0B456D-E165-42A5-9CEA-37EEBD6F8829.jpeg
    3C0B456D-E165-42A5-9CEA-37EEBD6F8829.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 8

wsmwannabe

Reaction score
With all of that said, I suppose I just need to be a better brewer. I’ll probably take it up to 30% BB and call it 150 mg/mL

GSgator

Reaction score
All this sounds so interesting. Brewing my own test has crossed my mind a few times. I wouldn’t even know were to start I guess creating a clean space. You guys use some sort of air filter were you brew?

New Threads