BOP and AASF Hacked

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
These two sites have been hacked not taken down by Feds.

https://www.whois.com/whois/brotherhood.is

If it had been taken down by ICCAN the whois details would have been updated to suspended or something like that.

Also, you can see the forum is still there under it on some URLs : https://brotherhood.is/forum4/

So, providing passwords are strong or someone doesn’t get tricked into clicking a spoofed site, you’ll be absolutely fine. As there are no known vulnerabilities on Xenforo in the version UGBB running. So, the only way of them getting in, is either cPanel password, or reverse engineering logins. UGBB is safe.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow! thanks for the info

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
If these forums are hosted elsewhere, good chance a snapshot is taken daily, sometimes hourly.
If the software is just bought and setup on your own, a good chance nothing is being backed up.

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
If these forums are hosted elsewhere, good chance a snapshot is taken daily, sometimes hourly.
If the software is just bought and setup on your own, a good chance nothing is being backed up.
Backups also depends on the hoster...some might only do backups like weekly but not of the virtual servers so it would be the responsibility of the forum owner to backup the forum databases and configuration of their VPS. There's scripts out there to sort of automate the snapshots so in case of a major forum crash or corruption data from the last backup would be restored.

Another thing would be to have these backups done to another server offsite or even to a local system.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
This happened on a couple boards about 10 years ago, same exact fed pages.

It's a scam, either hackers for ransom or board owner using this method to strong arm sources for money.

I pay attention to these things and it's just a repeat of the past from shady boards.

These things don't happen on boards like this one because there is no big money in it, it's not a source board.

All old timers may start to recall this from years back as they tried to also call it ORD 2 about 8 to 10 years ago, it was a scam as it is now.

Feds don't do it like this, they infiltrate and wait it out for years then sweep. Since ORD FAILED, they won't waste time and resource again to do that IMO.

You won't know who the feds are and when they will strike, it's all at once when they do.

Anyone that knows about organized crime bike clubs, mafia's and such has seen it or learned about it. I saw it in the 80's as an MC members child. One chapter with a fed as Sargent At Arms another the Treasurer. That's how they do shit not as you see on those sites.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Speaking from a bit of limited experience , narcotics task force watched my room mate for the better part of a year in the early 90's , phones , video , you name it. When they showed up there was just 1 bang ,, and in less than i'd say 10 to 20 seconds there were around 15 guys in full tactical gear in our house shoving mp5's in every ones face. Turns out in my room mates case , the final straw was a chick they watched make a buy from him and pulled her over down the road put the pressure on her and that was it she rolled and it all went down hill. When they are watching , you don't know until they want you to.

Reaction score
I am sooooo glad I haven’t been active on those sites in a few years now. If there was a way to remove my screen name I would but I can’t so I just stay away. BOP was hacked a year or two ago. But like someone mention above… They are big money source sites. The owners make a pretty penny in $$ and gear to let those boys advertise over there. The money dosnt only include advertising but I am sure depending on how much you pay , the owners will have there chomped up bottom bitches of mods blow up certain labs to drum up buisness to make more money and profit. It’s all a scam. I am ashamed to say that at one point I thought BOP was the shit… Now it’s just shit.

New Threads