Broken Shoulder (Fractured Neck of Humerus)

Reaction score
So this happened back in 2016 and I went to see 5 doctors that all told me it was going to be a complex surgery and no one wanted to perform it so I have this broken shoulder that I've been dealing with and for a while the pain went away but now it's been giving me problems and the other night I swear to God I was just stretching and it did something that I've never felt before. As if it popped out of the socket or something.. at least it felt kinda like it did and now I feel uneasy with this damn injury and I really don't want to get surgery but is there anything I can do or take that will help with bone strength or is it useless to take any supplements at all? What about creams? gels? Shits annoying!

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Oh wow, you never had it taken care of? Dude your stuck with it at this point if that happened back in 2016....

sfw509

Reaction score
Yeah. Im not sure if they can do anything at this point with it. I feel your best bet is to get to a major university hospital if you can. It seems their doctors are more likely to try higher risk/reward surgery.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What type of fracture?

Reaction score
What type of fracture?

Fractured hemerus with bony bankart hillsachs ball sackss lol some shit like that I have to find my medical papers to see exactly but something among those lines. So with the replies I'm not liking what I'm hearing so am I ****ed forever? Should I just go on SSI since I'm disabled I guess? Is that what you guys are saying? So I shouldn't lift weights anymore? I hope I'm just overanalyzing! No ****ing doctor seems to help me at all

sfw509

Reaction score
Your not done until you decide. If my post came off the other way, my bad. I'm just saying the longer you don't tend to an injury the harder it can be to fix and longer it can take to recover. I can't believe the doctors you saw just backed down. I would have kept looking.

As for the pain I'm a big fan of cryoderm. It's like bio freeze but stronger. If it's a soft tissue injury that and rest can help. But if there is an issue with the bone or something structurally, find a doc that can fix it.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fractured hemerus with bony bankart hillsachs ball sackss lol some shit like that I have to find my medical papers to see exactly but something among those lines. So with the replies I'm not liking what I'm hearing so am I ****ed forever? Should I just go on SSI since I'm disabled I guess? Is that what you guys are saying? So I shouldn't lift weights anymore? I hope I'm just overanalyzing! No ****ing doctor seems to help me at all

I'm just going to guess and say you've had some depression fracture. And basically bankart lesions heal with time.

You're not out of the game. You just need to do things that don't subject the anterior labrum to serious loads. You'll end up with a SLAP tear. You don't want that. It is surgery 99.9% of the time.

What I'd do:

Stability work. I loved dead hangs. But use the pull up machine to take some weight off at first. Don't be a dumbass and relax and let the joint dislocate. That's what got you there. Tension and hang. Start light. Work up.

Banded work. Everything with bands. They are light when the joint is at it most vulnerable...but are decently loaded and unstable when you're at the power stroke, so to speak.

Static work. Planks, reverse planks. Work your way up.

You got this, compadre.

I'm not a doctor, but I fought one in a bar once. He didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut. So don't think they know everything...they aren't gods.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm just going to guess and say you've had some depression fracture. And basically bankart lesions heal with time.

You're not out of the game. You just need to do things that don't subject the anterior labrum to serious loads. You'll end up with a SLAP tear. You don't want that. It is surgery 99.9% of the time.

What I'd do:

Stability work. I loved dead hangs. But use the pull up machine to take some weight off at first. Don't be a dumbass and relax and let the joint dislocate. That's what got you there. Tension and hang. Start light. Work up.

Banded work. Everything with bands. They are light when the joint is at it most vulnerable...but are decently loaded and unstable when you're at the power stroke, so to speak.

Static work. Planks, reverse planks. Work your way up.

You got this, compadre.

I'm not a doctor, but I fought one in a bar once. He didn't know enough to keep his mouth shut. So don't think they know everything...they aren't gods.

I'll keep that in mind. And yeah they aren't gods but these doctors sure think they know a lot and when you educate them with what knowledge you have they tend to get pissed off lol I've had many doctors pissed at me in the past when I've told them about a medication they never heard about or suggested they do this for me instead of what they were purposing and it looked like they agreed with me but just to piss me off they didn't give me the proper treatment. They just went by the books and it's probably cuz they are all conditioned that way or some shit who knows.

But as far as lifting heavy weights goes.. you think I can still lift somewhat heavy and keep my size? Any good routines I can follow that will help heal my shoulder injury? Like a good workout program that I should check out that would help me heal faster? Yeah speaking of slap tears.. what are some activities that could seriously **** my shit up because a while back I was using meth on and off for a couple months and I'd fap some nights when my girl was away visiting her grandmother in Texas and my fap sessions would last like 10 hours and I know meth is a bitch on the bones so I don't know if it's just paranoia or do you think it's possible I ****ed my shit up using that shit and fapping lmaooo it's my right shoulder too and I'm right handed. It's safe to say I haven't fapped in a long time because I feel like that's only damaged it more. And I'm kinda embarassed for being too open and honest but hell.. you guys would at least give me your opinions even if I didn't like what I heard. Your comments have helped me more than those 5 doctors who just looked at me like that was the end of my life and I should go kill myself. ****ing assholes put nothing but fear in my head and I've spent all that time just worried. But I'll look definitely get that stability work going.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. And yeah they aren't gods but these doctors sure think they know a lot and when you educate them with what knowledge you have they tend to get pissed off lol I've had many doctors pissed at me in the past when I've told them about a medication they never heard about or suggested they do this for me instead of what they were purposing and it looked like they agreed with me but just to piss me off they didn't give me the proper treatment. They just went by the books and it's probably cuz they are all conditioned that way or some shit who knows.

But as far as lifting heavy weights goes.. you think I can still lift somewhat heavy and keep my size? Any good routines I can follow that will help heal my shoulder injury? Like a good workout program that I should check out that would help me heal faster? Yeah speaking of slap tears.. what are some activities that could seriously **** my shit up because a while back I was using meth on and off for a couple months and I'd fap some nights when my girl was away visiting her grandmother in Texas and my fap sessions would last like 10 hours and I know meth is a bitch on the bones so I don't know if it's just paranoia or do you think it's possible I ****ed my shit up using that shit and fapping lmaooo it's my right shoulder too and I'm right handed. It's safe to say I haven't fapped in a long time because I feel like that's only damaged it more. And I'm kinda embarassed for being too open and honest but hell.. you guys would at least give me your opinions even if I didn't like what I heard. Your comments have helped me more than those 5 doctors who just looked at me like that was the end of my life and I should go kill myself. ****ing assholes put nothing but fear in my head and I've spent all that time just worried. But I'll look definitely get that stability work going.

Yes I believe you can keep the majority of your size. Muscles love volume. You can work your way there. Intensity has a lot to do with hypertrophy, and loading is a component of that, but not the only component.

If anything, I'd take the time to do a non-meth, no-fap conditioning phase and begin my rehab work for 6 weeks or so. Taking the time to do an objective, diagnostic inventory of your capabilities will help seasoned and knowledgeable people help you help yourself.

You rush shit, and **** up, you may be ****ing up for the last time. So...be methodical. Don't feel better and go for a bench max on some rando Thursday.

Stay in here and be active. Use paragraphs. I'm old. My vision is worse than your bones.

Good luck, friendo.

Reactions: Jin

Gabriel

Reaction score
Dr.s Suck
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with finding a good one..

Reaction score
Yes I believe you can keep the majority of your size. Muscles love volume. You can work your way there. Intensity has a lot to do with hypertrophy, and loading is a component of that, but not the only component.

If anything, I'd take the time to do a non-meth, no-fap conditioning phase and begin my rehab work for 6 weeks or so. Taking the time to do an objective, diagnostic inventory of your capabilities will help seasoned and knowledgeable people help you help yourself.

You rush shit, and **** up, you may be ****ing up for the last time. So...be methodical. Don't feel better and go for a bench max on some rando Thursday.

Stay in here and be active. Use paragraphs. I'm old. My vision is worse than your bones.

Good luck, friendo.

Yeah my bad bro I'll use paragraphs. I know it's a bad habit and the shit is annoying and difficult to read. I won't let that happen again! So for right now probably don't go heavy just static work and take it easy on the shoulder. What about as far as work goes? Should I get a desk job instead doing the usual construction lol I think I already know the answer to that

New Threads