Cholesterol ratio not good

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
So had bloods done at work. Doc called me worried as usual. Told me good cholesterol is at a 4 and bad is 198. He's always on my ass about cholesterol. Is this something to be worried over?

I'm on 200 test c and 200 deca with 20 mg superdrol. Thinking about going 100 test until I get my lipids in order.

Any thoughts?

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Got my bloodwork done this week as well and doc said my HDL was too low. Then she proceeded to tell me that I needed to exercise more. I replied: I ride a bicycle 10 hours / week and lift 10 hours / week. She then attributed low HDL to genetics.
Not sure what any of it means however.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So had bloods done at work. Doc called me worried as usual. Told me good cholesterol is at a 4 and bad is 198. He's always on my ass about cholesterol. Is this something to be worried over?

I'm on 200 test c and 200 deca with 20 mg superdrol. Thinking about going 100 test until I get my lipids in order.

Any thoughts?

its the superdrol. Why are you getting doc ordered blood work while on that stuff!?!?

and yes, those numbers are troubling but temporary.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
its the superdrol. Why are you getting doc ordered blood work while on that stuff!?!?

and yes, those numbers are troubling but temporary.

Required physicals twice a year by my job.
I'll finish my little blast and move to 100 a week for next time

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Like Jin said, it’s the sdrol! It’s a very strong oral and can wreak havoc. Love the gains from it tho!

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
yeah the superdrol will really screw your cholesterol readings. I assume your superdrol run is short so it is not THAT worrying but what were your numbers like before and i would check them again a month after you stop using superdrol to make sure they are looking better.

I really think it is smart for anyone using steroids to add in some supplements to help those numbers out. Citrus bergamot is great. I recently starting using it and i had a drastic lowering of my ldl though it didnt do too much for my hdl, those numbers were up a bit but not enough to say bergamot made a difference. Cardarine is shown to really help as well. Some Good ole fish oil/ krill oil is smart. And of course your diet. Making sure to try to get most of the fats in your diet from healthy sources like olive oil, flax seeds, walnuts, fatty fish etc.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

Imo its your doc, u pay for them with an asinine insurance policy you should be taken care of no matter what you do.
They can have theyre recommendations all they want but you shouldn't have to pay out of pocket to get a privatemdlab test when ur insurance should cover it.
They have an issue find another.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah the superdrol will really screw your cholesterol readings. I assume your superdrol run is short so it is not THAT worrying but what were your numbers like before and i would check them again a month after you stop using superdrol to make sure they are looking better.

I really think it is smart for anyone using steroids to add in some supplements to help those numbers out. Citrus bergamot is great. I recently starting using it and i had a drastic lowering of my ldl though it didnt do too much for my hdl, those numbers were up a bit but not enough to say bergamot made a difference. Cardarine is shown to really help as well. Some Good ole fish oil/ krill oil is smart. And of course your diet. Making sure to try to get most of the fats in your diet from healthy sources like olive oil, flax seeds, walnuts, fatty fish etc.

Yeah what this guy said all those supps were recommended by Dante and a lot swear by them....

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

I guess it's a given that lipids are going to get trashed while on cycle, especially if you are running something like tren + orals then they can get pretty severely trashed. So my question is how long can they be as low as the OP stated before they may cause a serious problem? I mean, like is there that big of a difference in trashing lipids that bad for just 8 wks vs 20 weeks since they should recover anyway? Or when they talk about dangers is that from years of trashing them? I'm sure there are other variables like age, health, etc but just speaking for a generally healthy person like me who has only been using AAS for less than a year (not a year straight ;^ )

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a given that lipids are going to get trashed while on cycle, especially if you are running something like tren + orals then they can get pretty severely trashed. So my question is how long can they be as low as the OP stated before they may cause a serious problem? I mean, like is there that big of a difference in trashing lipids that bad for just 8 wks vs 20 weeks since they should recover anyway? Or when they talk about dangers is that from years of trashing them? I'm sure there are other variables like age, health, etc but just speaking for a generally healthy person like me who has only been using AAS for less than a year (not a year straight ;^ )

Not to be an ass, but you're an old dog in your 60s right?

You should be worried about you lipids all the time, stick to low/moderate doses, and steer clear of harsh stuff like orals and tren.

Just one guys opinion. The hard stuff is for your 20s and early 30s. Sorry you missed the boat. You push it in your 50s and 60s - you're asking for trouble.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Appreciate your concern, I really do and don't consider you an ass, but I obviously know I'm old. Probably healthier than most 40 yr olds these days but, yes, I'm old. I have developed quite an affinity for tren ace and test prop though and plan on rolling the dice as long as I am feeling as good as I have been, progressing and experiencing literally no sides other than trashed lipids, which I acknowledge is probably the side to be most concerned with. As far as I'm concerned I didn't miss the boat I just waited for it to come back to me ;^ ) I can't believe I'm going to kill myself but if I do, oh well.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Cholesterol plaque deposition is a quasi-permanent thing. There's no compelling evidence that the buildup of plaque can be removed by dieting barring genetic factors. When they test your blood, they are testing for how much cholesterol is in your blood. The assumption being: "lots of low density cholesterol...lots of plaque deposit that occludes circulation."

Once the blood cholesterol is back down, that doesn't remove the obstruction. It just means the odds are low that there will be more added to the obstruction.

Once it's there....it's there for the long term, for the most part. That's why the treatment is called a "bypass."

Just something to think about.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Cholesterol plaque deposition is a quasi-permanent thing. There's no compelling evidence that the buildup of plaque can be removed by dieting barring genetic factors. When they test your blood, they are testing for how much cholesterol is in your blood. The assumption being: "lots of low density cholesterol...lots of plaque deposit that occludes circulation.".........

I guess that's where my 'confusion' lies, and I'm just trying to understand all this a little better. There seem to be a lot of assumptions made in the medical world as a result of bloodwork results. Your liver can look trashed but then the enzymes normalize after cycle. eGFR is another one where they make some calculations based on creatinine levels and don't seem to consider other things such as supplementation, hard training, high protein diet so people get freaked out when their eGFR is under 60. Even the way they assume your BMI just based on your height and weight. They've got me at a BMI of 27.66 when I'm actually at around 14.5% BF. So you said "The assumption being", so does that mean there isn't necessarily plaque buildup, it's just assumed there is because of high LDL? I mean, if all your life you've had perfect cholesterol and then you go on an extended cycle and totally trash your lipids for 20 weeks and all of a sudden you have all this plaque and you're risking death? Or you maybe have plaque build up? Or it's just assumed that you may? I know there are other variables, like I said I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what's actually happening when you trash your lipids. If there are assumptions being made, to me that means maybe or maybe not, we don't really know for sure.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I guess that's where my 'confusion' lies, and I'm just trying to understand all this a little better. There seem to be a lot of assumptions made in the medical world as a result of bloodwork results. Your liver can look trashed but then the enzymes normalize after cycle. eGFR is another one where they make some calculations based on creatinine levels and don't seem to consider other things such as supplementation, hard training, high protein diet so people get freaked out when their eGFR is under 60. Even the way they assume your BMI just based on your height and weight. They've got me at a BMI of 27.66 when I'm actually at around 14.5% BF. So you said "The assumption being", so does that mean there isn't necessarily plaque buildup, it's just assumed there is because of high LDL? I mean, if all your life you've had perfect cholesterol and then you go on an extended cycle and totally trash your lipids for 20 weeks and all of a sudden you have all this plaque and you're risking death? Or you maybe have plaque build up? Or it's just assumed that you may? I know there are other variables, like I said I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what's actually happening when you trash your lipids. If there are assumptions being made, to me that means maybe or maybe not, we don't really know for sure.

It seems like you are asking decent questions but you aren’t really open to any answer. More like you are looking for the answer you want to hear.

If you want to run tren at your age, go ahead. But it’s unwise. Nobody’s going to give you a green light.

If you do have cardio vascular complications you won’t look back at your decision making without regret.

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Well, the presence of Low density cholesterol doesn't necessarily mean that you will have plaque buildup. A lot of the cholesterol problem is genetic. So under normal for circumstances, a family history is telling on how the body reacts to long term blood lipid issues. But, how much tren did your grandfather take? Probably not a lot. So family history isn't the ultimate tell on genetic potential.

All that said, the rule of thumb prevails. If the rule of thumb is Wrong, you'll live forever. If it's right, you get to enjoy the rib spreader via widow maker.

It's all a calculated risk. One you have to make for yourself. But you have to own it...and not sell it. You can't sell tren as a healthy lifestyle until I can prove it not so. It's not healthy. You are shortening your life for one reason, for certain: LDL MAY NOT deposit plaque in your vessels, but poor HDL numbers ABSOLUTELY WILL make its own contribution to atherosclerosis. It's a two part disease. Fatty deposits...and inelastic vessels.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
It seems like you are asking decent questions but you aren’t really open to any answer. More like you are looking for the answer you want to hear.

If you want to run tren at your age, go ahead. But it’s unwise. Nobody’s going to give you a green light.

If you do have cardio vascular complications you won’t look back at your decision making without regret.

I figured someone would say that I'm looking for the answer I want to hear but that's not it at all. I want to make a more informed decision is all. I don't like to do that based on assumptions, so if it's just an assumption that I could be doing damage, well to me that's quite a bit different than 'you definitely are' doing damage.

Reactions: Jin

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Well, the presence of Low density cholesterol doesn't necessarily mean that you will have plaque buildup. A lot of the cholesterol problem is genetic. So under normal for circumstances, a family history is telling on how the body reacts to long term blood lipid issues. But, how much tren did your grandfather take? Probably not a lot. So family history isn't the ultimate tell on genetic potential.

All that said, the rule of thumb prevails. If the rule of thumb is Wrong, you'll live forever. If it's right, you get to enjoy the rib spreader via widow maker.

It's all a calculated risk. One you have to make for yourself. But you have to own it...and not sell it. You can't sell tren as a healthy lifestyle until I can prove it not so. It's not healthy. You are shortening your life for one reason, for certain: LDL MAY NOT deposit plaque in your vessels, but poor HDL numbers ABSOLUTELY WILL make its own contribution to atherosclerosis. It's a two part disease. Fatty deposits...and inelastic vessels.

Thank you. That's basically the type of answer I was looking for.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
.....and to both Jin and Joliver, I know I probably shouldn't be messing with the tren but I've never been one to do the prudent thing. It's just my addictive, slightly destructive nature. And I probably shouldn't be eating as much Rocky Road ice cream or Drumstick ice cream cones either. But at least I don't drink or smoke ;^ )

New Threads