Confirming I have everything right for my first cycle

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I am starting my first cycle this week assuming everything I have set up is looking good.
Here is what I have for my protocol:
Week 1-12:
Test E 500mg 12 weeks (250 2x a week)
HCG: 250 IU 2x week on week 4-12

Week 13: 250 IU 2x
Week 14: 250 IU EOD (every other day)
Week 15: 500 IU EOD

PCT: Start on week 16
First 2 weeks: Nolva 40mg every day
Last 2 weeks: Nolva 20mg every day

AI on hand: Arimidex (20 1mg tablets)
Use 0.25 to 0.5 EOD to kill gyno
please let me know if there is anything you disagree with.

For differences in training / nutrition, here is what I have:
Overall higher volume for training, now doing Shoulders more frequently on my PPL split.
Nutrition: I am taking John Meadows advice of 1.25x body weight in protein, i weigh 185 and want to weigh around 200 so I’m attempting to get 250 a minimum per day.

hard_gains

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

I am starting my first cycle this week assuming everything I have set up is looking good.
Week 1-12:

Overall higher volume for training, now doing Shoulders more frequently on my PPL split.
Nutrition: I am taking John Meadows advice of 1.25x body weight in protein, i weigh 185 and want to weigh around 200 so I’m attempting to get 250 a minimum per day.
That doesn't look too bad actually. This is just my opinion. Do not take the arimidex unless it's actually needed. If you start showing symptoms sure. You don't want to tank your estrogen you'll feel like shit. Sore or swollen nipples will be a tell tell if the ai is needed. That doesn't mean you have gyno. It takes a bit for it to becomes breast tissue. And maybe save the hcg until you start your pct. If your have plenty of hcg laying around go ahead and do what you want. There will be more experience guys who will chime in if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Good job planning it out man. Sounds like you got it pretty covered. Maybe push it to 16 weeks if you got the extra test to. Just an opinion. It's a slow ester so it'll be 3 to 4 weeks until you really notice anything.

Reaction score
That doesn't look too bad actually. This is just my opinion. Do not take the arimidex unless it's actually needed. If you start showing symptoms sure. You don't want to tank your estrogen you'll feel like shit. Sore or swollen nipples will be a tell tell if the ai is needed. That doesn't mean you have gyno. It takes a bit for it to becomes breast tissue. And maybe save the hcg until you start your pct. If your have plenty of hcg laying around go ahead and do what you want. There will be more experience guys who will chime in if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Good job planning it out man. Sounds like you got it pretty covered. Maybe push it to 16 weeks if you got the extra test to. Just an opinion. It's a slow ester so it'll be 3 to 4 weeks until you really notice anything.
Thanks for the input! I have about 10,000IU of HCG on hand and I do actually have an extra vial of test, I would certainly like to run it for longer, I’ll be looking into that. Thank you!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty well researched. Better than just about any you see first timers looking for a critique on.

Reaction score
I hate to pump the brakes but get pre-cycle bloodwork. You’ll want to know your testosterone level right now so that you have an indication later of how successful your PCT is.

Your bloodwork is your written history for this. Keep it organized by date so that you can refer to it later. It’ll paint a picture of how your body reacts to each cycle.

Reaction score
I hate to pump the brakes but get pre-cycle bloodwork. You’ll want to know your testosterone level right now so that you have an indication later of how successful your PCT is.

Your bloodwork is your written history for this. Keep it organized by date so that you can refer to it later. It’ll paint a picture of how your body reacts to each cycle.
Where I live I can’t get a full panel blood test, would just getting test level suffice? Only other option would be to do one of the ones I send in through mail to a lab

Reaction score
Where I live I can’t get a full panel blood test, would just getting test level suffice? Only other option would be to do one of the ones I send in through mail to a lab
Don’t do the mail thing. That’s not accurate enough.

You’re not on cycle so get a blood test from your doctor. Just tell him you want a full metabolic panel done, including hormone levels. That kind of thing should be done periodically anyway.

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
I have used LabsMD in the past, and I highly suggest using that over an at home panel.
It's affordable and you can select exactly what you want tested.
For your pre cycle bloods the Hormone Panel for Females is perfect and is only $75 and is done at your local Quest Diagnostics center and results are within a week or so.

This is very important to interpreting your on cycle bloods, for things like say e2, for me personally I know my e2 runs a bit higher than I've seen others, natural, trt and on cycle, but never have had high e2 sides so I know that's where my body is happy.

It's all about learning your body.

Reaction score
I have used LabsMD in the past, and I highly suggest using that over an at home panel.
It's affordable and you can select exactly what you want tested.
For your pre cycle bloods the Hormone Panel for Females is perfect and is only $75 and is done at your local Quest Diagnostics center and results are within a week or so.

This is very important to interpreting your on cycle bloods, for things like say e2, for me personally I know my e2 runs a bit higher than I've seen others, natural, trt and on cycle, but never have had high e2 sides so I know that's where my body is happy.

It's all about learning your body.
I will look into that company, thank you. I’ll be sure to get bloods before I start. Appreciate you and BBBG’s input

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

Week 1-12:

What’s this? Someone who actually did their research and has a well-planned first cycle?

The actual cycles looks good, but as BBBG said, you need pre-cycle bloodwork so you know what your baseline blood work looks like. Once you have that information you can A) make sure that nothing is out of whack before you start and B) see if you’ve recovered properly or not post PCT.

Good luck!

Reaction score
My biggest regret was not getting Pre-cycle bloodwork. It's actually the most important bloodwork you will ever have!

Very well researched, we're proud of you!