Did My First Meet

Reaction score
My first meet is done!

445/255/485 @ 181

Not my strongest lifts but I'm satisfied for my first time.

Missed my opener squat for depth, but got the next 2 attempts.

Bench... idk what happened here lol. Hit my opener of 255 easy, but after that its like my body just forgot how to bench. Missed the next 2 attempts, not sure nerves or tired or what.

Got my first 2 attempts at deadlift easy.
Went for 3rd attempt at 525 and I think I may have been too far away from the bar and the weight rocked me back on my heels. I recovered and locked out the 525 but I guess at some point they said the bar had stopped moving at the lift was no good.

Ended up getting 2nd place behind this other guy that was a beast! I think he cut like 15 lbs to compete so I was disappointed to lose to him.

Other than that there was a 23 year old equipped lifter that made 2 attempts at a 931 lb bench. It was wild! Didnt get it, but it was still very entertaining.

Had a great time and definitely plan on doing it again!

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
congrats on your first meet! (y)
The most important thing is you completed a meet and established a total. You now have official numbers to beat and training goals to set. You also have a better understanding of the pacing of a meet and what to expect for your next contest. Nice work!

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Those are solid numbers for a first meet.

Glad to hear it went well!

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Congratulations brother. Welcome to the great sport of Powerlifting

wsmwannabe

Reaction score
Great job! Never take it too seriously that you no longer enjoy it.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
My first meet is done!

445/255/485 @ 181

Not my strongest lifts but I'm satisfied for my first time.

Missed my opener squat for depth, but got the next 2 attempts.

Bench... idk what happened here lol. Hit my opener of 255 easy, but after that its like my body just forgot how to bench. Missed the next 2 attempts, not sure nerves or tired or what.

Got my first 2 attempts at deadlift easy.
Went for 3rd attempt at 525 and I think I may have been too far away from the bar and the weight rocked me back on my heels. I recovered and locked out the 525 but I guess at some point they said the bar had stopped moving at the lift was no good.

Ended up getting 2nd place behind this other guy that was a beast! I think he cut like 15 lbs to compete so I was disappointed to lose to him.

Other than that there was a 23 year old equipped lifter that made 2 attempts at a 931 lb bench. It was wild! Didnt get it, but it was still very entertaining.

Had a great time and definitely plan on doing it again!

Well done bro
Congrats

Great to see you going hard.
Cant wait to see your results from your next meet!

New Threads