DLTBB - Classic Physique & Hiking Up Peaks

Reaction score
Looking very aesthetic man!

Bravo, we are happy to have you here! We can learn a lot from you, thanks and good luck, I can see you will be successful wherever you go!

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
10th January

Cardio:

• 20 minutes cross-trainer 160+ BPM (lots at 170+ actually!)
Chest & Back:
  • Chest supported T-Bar row (upper back focused) 3 x 8 - +2 rep PR top set
  • Flat plate-loaded press 3 x 8-10 - +2 rep PR top set
  • Wide grip pull-up 3 x 8-10 - Went super wide grip here which I've not done in a while, felt ace.
  • Incline Smith machine press 3 x 8-10
  • Low cable row 3 x 6-8
  • Pec deck 2 x 8-10 regular 2 x 8-10 decline
Misc:
  • 30 minutes full body mobility routine completed earlier today
Struggling to catch my breath throughout the entire workout. It's very tiring going from an intense cardio session into a chest/back session going from one heavy movement to another. Got it done though and feel great now.

2 40+ dudes were talking about me in earshot. Sort of backhanded compliments. Oh he looks great and he's strong, ah to be young again and to be able to take whatever I want and be able to get away with it! Like fellas, I'm in my 30's, been training in this gym for 15 years, the 2 of you have looked the exact same for the entire time I've been coming and I don't even take an obscene amount of gear. Numpties.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
11th January

Cardio:

• 20 minutes cross-trainer 160BPM+ (pushed 180 for a little while!)
Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps:
  • Barbell military press 3 sets building up to a top set of 6 & 1 back-off set of 15
  • Single cable side raise 3 sets 6-10 rep range
  • Bent over DB swing 3 sets 25 reps (Mountain Dog style, sickening pump in both senses of the word..)
  • CGBP 3 sets building up to a top set of 6
  • EZ bar curl (with the old arm blaster)
  • Cable curl superset V bar pushdown 3 rounds 8-12 rep range
Misc:
  • 30 minutes full body mobility routine coming up before bed.
Feeling good. Me and my training partner said we’ve been enjoying the sessions more recently because we’ve been switching it up a little more than usual with exercise choice. I know consistency and progression with a select few movements is key in most cases but one of the most important things for me is keeping it interesting and not having it feel monotonous. Plus I know as long as I’m in a surplus and I’m getting a handful of sets to failure during each session, in most cases it’s enough for me to gain.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Booking a rest day in today fellas. Due to do legs but I've trained for a few days on the bounce while I've had a cold and I doubt I'd be able to get a proper session in tonight. I have a few errands to run/a bit of work to do anyway. Back at it tomorrow and aiming to check out some other gyms that have been recommended over the weekend - hopefully find some nice new machines and good lighting. Saturday's hike is being called off as it's very rainy and strong winds, makes for an awful walk.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Always end up feeling bummed out when I take a rest day. As if I’m being lazy and should be doing something. It’s a stupid attitude to have and has probably hindered my progress! But I feel low tonight even though I’ve been productive throughout the day, done my mobility bits and pieces and got some work done. I just can’t shake it off though. A day without a crazy pump or getting my heart rate up super high feels like a day wasted in my fragile little mind.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
13th January

Cardio:

• 60 minutes cross-trainer 160BPM+ Not sure what it was but I transcended into another dimension during this cardio session and just kept going and going because it felt euphoric. Felt like the timer ticking down on the machine was testing me and just rolled with it until it ended, literally dripping with sweat but felt amazing. I bought a PWO shot with 400mg caffeine in as I came into the gym, maybe that had something to do with it.
Legs:
  • Hack squat 3 sets 6-8 rep range - experimenting with different foot positioning on this and think I’ve found my perfect placement. Low and toes pointing out feels much more knee friendly and legitimately makes my legs explode.
  • Bulgarian split squat 3 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Sissy squat superset leg extensions 3 rounds 10-12 rep range
  • Lying hamstring curls 3 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Calf raise 6 sets 6-12 rep range
Misc:
  • 30 minutes full body mobility
The cardio was mental. Just got into the zone. Closed my eyes and was imagining myself controlling a big mech suit like in Avatar as I was using the cross trainer. Relaxing jazz playlist on Spotify through the Air Pods. Bliss.

Poor quality still from a video but look at the f*cling thickness we’re building.

Going to venture out to some new gyms over the weekend so will try to get some decent update pics if lighting and pump allows.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
14th January

Cardio:

• 15 minutes stair master 150 BPM+
Chest & Back:
  • Flat machine press 3 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Plate-loaded high row 3 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Plate-loaded incline press 3 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Plate-loaded pull-down 3 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Plate-loaded chest fly 3 sets 10-12 rep range
  • Plate-loaded low row 3 sets 10-12 rep range
  • Close grip incline press 3 sets 20 reps (no lockout, constant tension)
  • Wide grip pull-up 3 sets to failure
Misc:
1 set to failure each exercise. Couple more exercises than usual as I was at a new gym (Kings in Farnworth) and wanted to try out the kit. Excellent gym. Top quality kit, good music. The fanny is incredible too. Will definitely return!

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
15th January

Cardio:

• N/A
Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps:
  • Plate-loaded seated press 2 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Plate-loaded anterior press 2 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Machine lateral raise 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Face-pull 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Machine preacher 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Cable pushdown 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Face away cable curl 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Machine dip 2 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Crossbody extension superset DB hammer curl 2 rounds
  • Panatta free motion lateral raise 2 sets until failure
Misc:

Lots of exercises as I was trying out another new gym. EP Iron Jungle in Stockport. Another great gym - some awesome kit. Trained with a mate of mine and got some cracking sets in. Lighting not quite as good as King’s but still grabbed a little pic.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
16th January

Cardio:

• 15 minutes cross-trainer 150 BPM+
Legs:
  • SSB squat 3 sets 6-8 rep range - pause reps
  • Machine hack squat 3 sets 6-8 rep range - knees over toes/narrow stance emphasis on quads
  • Abductor 2 sets 10-12 rep range
  • Adductor 2 sets 10-12 rep range
  • Standing calf raise superset seated calf raise 4 rounds 8-15 rep range
Misc:

Pretty brutal. Got some great sets in. Particularly hack squats. Stupidly left cardio until after training so felt sloppy/lethargic as hell but managed to get a good 15 minutes in.

Very hungry. Got some chicken marinating at home and a salad dressed and sat in the fridge. Going to whack it in the Air Fryer and make wraps. Can’t wait.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
17th January

Cardio:

• 15 minutes cross-trainer 150 BPM+
Chest & Back:
  • Low incline DB press 3 sets 6-8 rep range - up to 135lbs DBs here with nice tight form, slow negatives etc. Was a bit awkward getting the first rep up due to bad positioning but recovered well.
  • T-bar row 3 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Decline barbell press 3 sets 8-10 rep range - decline steeper than I’d have liked but it’s the only real option for decline BB in this gym. Weight up to 130KG and kept the reps in the mid 80% of the ROM trying to keep as much tension on the pecs as possible.
  • Wide-grip pull-up 3 sets 8-10 rep range - Weighted and added up to 90lbs DB, gone slightly heavier in the past but I need to be doing them regularly to maintain strength in the movement. Been doing a lot of unweighted/high rep work as of late. One set bodyweight x 12 to finish.
  • Mid cable fly 3 sets 10-12 rep range & final set was a drop set
  • Iliac pull 3 sets 10-12 rep range & final set was a drop set - Can do stack on this on Life Fitness cable station now, need a Gym Pin
Misc:
Feeling good & motivated today. Back to 100%.

My Mrs has joined a gym and is 17 days in to being alcohol free. She’s off to her first class tonight - some kind of HIT session with a friend. She’s at a nice classy gym rather than a dirty/rusty one like me. Proud of her though, she’s never been into training/fitness so going to try to encourage her to stick to it. Going to hand my old Fitbit down to her and try to make sure she’s getting enough food/protein in. Maybe I’ll get a session in with her occasionally when she’s used to it.

DLTBB

Deltasaurus Rex
Reaction score
18th January

Cardio:

• N/A
Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps;
  • Plate-loaded shoulder press 3 sets 6-8 rep range - angled slightly differently than my usual, bit off putting for top set.
  • Cable Y raise 3 sets 10-12 rep range & triple drop for final set
  • Bent over DW swing 3 sets 25 reps
  • Long rope push down 3 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Plate-loaded preacher 3 sets 8-10 rep range
  • Dip 2 sets to failure
  • DB hammer 2 sets 6-8 rep range
  • Cross body extension superset cable curl 2 rounds 10-12 rep range
Misc:
Ridiculous pump and angle making my legs look puny.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Guys, going to stop updating this! Moderating on UK-M now so will be a little more active over there rather than spreading myself thin over a few forums.
Don't be a stranger!!!!

Hell, moderate here too. 😁

New Threads