DMAA and “Mesomorph”

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a kid who swears by his new preworkout and loved his “euphoric” workout after taking “APS’ Mesomorph”.

Thing is, he commented “it doesn’t have DMAA so I won’t die!”

I wasn’t familiar with DMAA so I looked into and learned some of the risks associated with reckless DMAA.

I also saw that APS advertises Mesomorph as “DMAA FREE”. But also as “WITH DMAA’s ORIGIN in the form of Gerananium Extract”.

Basically the ad pitch is equivalent to “it doesn’t have banned chocolate, it has cocoa bean instead!”.

Help me out;
1. Is DMAA something I should discourage teens from using?

2. Is Mesomorph’s advertising…
A.) just BS or
B.) unfounded in research at all
C.) or likely legitimate semantics to get the same stuff in there
D.) all of the above

Reaction score
So... I was drinking preworkouts with dmaa and dmha in them before my heart problems. I don't think those created the problem, I'm pretty sure it was already there to some extent. But I don't doubt they made it worse.

A quick google search on dmaa and heart arythmias led me to some interesting articles:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a kid who swears by his new preworkout and loved his “euphoric” workout after taking “APS’ Mesomorph”.

I wasn’t familiar with DMAA so I looked into and learned some of the risks associated with reckless DMAA.

I also saw that APS advertises Mesomorph as “DMAA FREE”. But also as “WITH DMAA’s ORIGIN in the form of Gerananium Extract”.

Basically the ad pitch is equivalent to “it doesn’t have banned chocolate, it has cocoa bean instead!”.

Help me out;

A.) just BS or
D.) all of the above

DMAA is an amphetamine derivative. I think way way back in the day (before my time) it was used as a decongestant. It's a stimulant, and I'd say it's on par with something like ephedrine in terms of it's effect. It does help performance in the gym, similar to how a good dose of caffeine will also boost performance (just not as strong as DMAA).

Like all things, as long as a person doesn't abuse the f' out of it... then it's perfectly fine to use IMO. It is however banned by WADA, so if your student is competing then that may be something to bring up.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
For reference, I take 50mg of vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) daily because I have ADHD. I've done this for the last 11-12 years, and anecdotally I have no health issues from taking my daily dose.

Now I do think it does effect my dopamine receptors; in that I think the constant stimulation from the Lisdexamfetamine may be down regulating my dopamine receptors. It's also anecdotal, but I don't feel like I "enjoy" things as much as I used to prior to starting medication. I've considered trying to go off for a month, and then starting my prescription again by going 4 days on and 3 days off.

There is a withdrawal that happens when I try to come off, and I haven't made it beyond 12 days yet. So my only concern with DMAA is that constant use may also down regulate dopamine receptors, or that it could lead to withdrawal when someone tries to stop taking it (assuming they use it daily or multiple times daily). With that said, I feel like this risk is minimal or non-existent with DMAA

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
I was personally always a big fan of it. Think of the original Jack3d for reference. It works very synergistically with caffeine and NALT (N-acetyl L-Tyrosine), the effects are amplified and prolonged with no crash feeling. Though I've never noticed much at all using DMAA by itself.

sfw509

Reaction score
In the past I have used a few pre workouts with it. Ive also read somewhere in the past it was either used or investigated as a decongestant.

For me there was a noticeable increase in energy and heart rate when I took it. Oddly enough it caused some urinary retention. I looked this up and found out some decongestants can cause this.

As stated before, it is banned by some governing bodies. That with the ephedrine like side effects should make anyone carefully consider if it is right for them to use.

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
I was personally always a big fan of it. Think of the original Jack3d for reference. It works very synergistically with caffeine and NALT (N-acetyl L-Tyrosine), the effects are amplified and prolonged with no crash feeling. Though I've never noticed much at all using DMAA by itself.
I’m def a fan of it on days I’m dragging my ass I have a blend of dmaa caffeine And albuterol works well

Reaction score
Old Mesomorph was good new formula it’s not good imo. The best pre workouts right now that I have tried for pump,energy, feeling and not feeling sick or weird after is called Pre Phase KO, another one that will knock you on your ass and make your Dick not work after is called Dark Energy. My Top 3 right now Pre Phase KO, Wrecked extreme (my daily drive) doesn’t have dmaa or dmha. And Dark energy I’ll take it like once every two weeks

PZT

Elite
Reaction score
Dark Energy was very nice for a bit but had no ED issues. Im like a B list pen0r star doh

Strikeclinch

Reaction score
No
Hey,

Help me out;

A.) just BS or
D.) all of the above
discourage them if they’re dumb and take way to much ya. It’s dangerous if you over do it

Reaction score
Dark Energy was very nice for a bit but had no ED issues. Im like a B list pen0r star doh
Bruh after workout it was just a chub it’s a known side effect for it I’ll why but the high feeling is amazing so pros and cons

New Threads