DNP and rate of fat loss

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
DNP Dosage.png

So lets discuss DNP and the rate fat is lost while on a DNP cycle. Most if not all DNP studies are very old and were performed under different circumstances and elements than today. Some of these old studies if performed today would have to take some things into consideration such as different diets of today's foods, newer medications being used, better technology to track results, etc. Lets discuss a few questions

1. If its commonly thought that DNP will reduce fat by approx. 1 lb per day will doubling the dose result in 2 lbs. per day reduction?

2. To achieve the 1 lb. per day reduction what is the dosage required per lb/kg of bodyweight?

3. If a person is 200 lbs and 10% bodyfat will they be zero percent bodyfat after 20 days of DNP cycling?

These are some excellent questions that google would love to know and find the anwwers to here on Ugbodybuilding.

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
So lets discuss DNP and the rate fat is lost while on a DNP cycle. Most if not all DNP studies are very old and were performed under different circumstances and elements than today. Some of these old studies if performed today would have to take some things into consideration such as different diets of today's foods, newer medications being used, better technology to track results, etc. Lets discuss a few questions

1. If its commonly thought that DNP will reduce fat by approx. 1 lb per day will doubling the dose result in 2 lbs. per day reduction?

2. To achieve the 1 lb. per day reduction what is the dosage required per lb/kg of bodyweight?

3. If a person is 200 lbs and 10% bodyfat will they be zero percent bodyfat after 20 days of DNP cycling?

These are some excellent questions that google would love to know and find the anwwers to here on Ugbodybuilding.

I'll bite..I've got about 10 yrs experience with the stuff and I'm not proud, but I do know a little about dnp.

Dnp doesnt work linear like that. So if you were able to burn 1 lb of fat with a given dose and then double that dose, it won't necessarily burn 2lbs of fat, it's going to be less.

To lose 1lb a day of pure fat would require lethal doses for most people. The only people I see losing this much on moderate to high dose is the morbidly obese. On average I'd say 1/3 of a pound of fat is doable for the majority. For me at 220lbs ~12% it would require a dose of 600-750mg per day.

With a very tight diet and a dose of 600-750mg of dnp per day, I can lose roughly 1/3lb of fat a day. So 20 days is roughly 6-7 lbs of pure fat which is about right. Keep in mind at that dose for rhat many days your going to be a miserable human being.

Last edited:

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
Most I ever took was 1g each day for 2 days and I felt pretty close right there. If I would of added on another cap of 200 to 250mg I'm sure I'd be in a coffin.

At that dose your constantly going hypoglycemic, nauseated, can't get cool, no energy so your bed ridden or on the couch all day and night ..its just pure misery. I look back and can't believe what an idiot I was for pushing it so hard.

Last edited:

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Bro, your first comment comes with no scientific basis. There are people on this forum that have taken way more than 1g a day and lost more than 1lb per day.

Im not getting into the debate of how smart that is but the fact is for most people based off weight and the scientific data we have, it takes over 3g to die from DNP.

Just because you felt like death at 1g doesn't mean "1lb a day of pure fat would require lethal doses for most people." Unless we are just trying the D.A.R.E. method to scare people from higher doses.

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
Bro, your first comment comes with no scientific basis. There are people on this forum that have taken way more than 1g a day and lost more than 1lb per day.

Im not getting into the debate of how smart that is but the fact is for most people based off weight and the scientific data we have, it takes over 3g to die from DNP.

Just because you felt like death at 1g doesn't mean "1lb a day of pure fat would require lethal doses for most people." Unless we are just trying the D.A.R.E. method to scare people from higher doses.
Yes it's purely subjective. That's should be obvious my conclusions were based on my experiences. But before you get on your high horse and spit facts you best have the supporting evidence or studies backing claims or your information is just as creditable as mine

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score

As both Sity and Zilla has posted many times, there is a point of diminishing returns. I believe everyone reacts different on DNP and where you land on the spectrum of those diminishing returns is different.

This is a trick question. I guess the answer is 1lb of fat can be lost per day at any amount of DNP. 5mg, 200mg, 1G... If you are burning 3500cals more than you consume in a day you are going to loose a lb of body fat. Thermogenics is Thermogenics. I guess the better question to ask is, How much of a metabolic increase do you get from X amount of DNP.

Going along with the answer to number 2, if you do enough cardio you can burn as much or as little as you want.

I guess maybe question 2 and 3 is assuming no extra work is being done? I.e. no working out or cardio?

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Yes it's purely subjective. That's should be obvious my conclusions were based on my experiences. But before you get on your high horse and spit facts you best have the supporting evidence or studies backing claims or your information is just as creditable as mine
If you would have kept all your comments about yourself that would have been one thing. I.e. it's impossible for YOU to burn 1lb of fat per day, YOU couldn't take more than 1g without dying, ETC, that would have been one thing. You took your experience and said it wasn't possible for others (lethal doses for most people).

I'm just saying don't be so absolute.
I can't run a 4 minute mile but I'm not put here telling MFers a 4 minute mile is impossible and will cause death

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Fellas its just a few discussion points I put as I normally do. These are good discussions and provide for a good debate and hopefully some answers.

flenser

Elite
Reaction score
Would need a before and after DEXA scan, and a fairly fixed diet to get any kind of reliable numerical results. And you couldn't keep testing the same person at different doses unless they were willing to gain the weight back before each run. I guess the NIH won't be funding any studies on this any time soon...

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
If you would have kept all your comments about yourself that would have been one thing. I.e. it's impossible for YOU to burn 1lb of fat per day, YOU couldn't take more than 1g without dying, ETC, that would have been one thing. You took your experience and said it wasn't possible for others (lethal doses for most people).

I'm just saying don't be so absolute.
I can't run a 4 minute mile but I'm not put here telling MFers a 4 minute mile is impossible and will cause death

So please provide me evidence that you won't die before 3g? Or show me someone thats burned 1 lbs of pure fat in a day that's not 400 plus pounds with a dexa scan.

Just because you tack on the words studies or scientific doesn't mean your information has any validity. You are basically doing what your trying to call me out on. And if you go back and read I took full accountability and added it was all my subjective opinion so those that cant read between the lines, its now crystal clear it's opinion.

Kraken

Reaction score
I actually have detailed records of my DNP runs, the first being the most detailed, including daily weights and doses, and also the accumulated concentration. I'm 5ft 6in, and not a bodybuilder, preferring endurance sports. Mostly, cycling and running.

First, I think the dosage is a less important data point than the accumulated concentration in your body. Remember that for any given dosage, the concentration will eventually peak and hold fairly steady after some period of days.

I just took a look at the first 25 days. I went from 163.2 to 148.6, an average of 0.58 pounds per day. This was several days at 200 mg to start, and ended up at 550 mg, with accumulated concentration going from 200mg at start to 1.488 g after 25 days. After the first 10 days the accumulated was > 1.1g.

At this point I was eating about 800 calories per day and doing some running on a treadmill several times per week.

This was the first 25 days of a run starting in early January, 2018. The entire run went to April 13, still at about 500mg per day (concentration at about 1.4 g daily) and I only got down to 142.

To address the questions posed:

Question 1: I don't see 1 pound / day of fat loss as typical, except perhaps in people with a lot of fat to begin with. Even if it was, doubling the dosage would not necessarily double the rate of fat loss because it's not going to double the concentration that accumulates. Even then, this assumes that the DNP mechanism is linear, and there is no reason to assume that.

Question 2: See answer above.

Question 3: Who knows. My theory is that the more lean you are, the slower DNP works. It seems to me DNP picks off "low hanging fruit fat" and slows where there is less fat to begin with. It also seems to slow as a heavy person becomes more lean.

This was not originally asked, but how much is fatal? Well some people freak out at 1g as a dosage, but if it's your first day I would speculate that this is fine (I do not recommend doing that - this is purely from a dosage standpoint). As the concentration builds, that's a different story. I would avoid a concentration > 1.5g.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
According to a 2016 case reportTrusted Source, ingestion of doses as low as 10 to 20 milligrams per kilogram of body weight (4.5 to 9.1 milligrams per pound) can be fatal.
I have seen some reports that said as low as around 5mg/1lb of body weight and then I have seen reports as high as 25mg/1lb.

I was given a fat booklet of studies by someone that is like 300 pages long but it's a physical packet. Has a shit ton of studies. I really need to buy a scanner, scan it all and post it up here. I'm sure it could be found digitally somewhere but I had a pretty decent collection of digital research papers and when I got this booklet there was definitely a bunch of newer studies that I had never seen.

Im sure Zilla has them all memorized...

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
Fellas its just a few discussion points I put as I normally do. These are good discussions and provide for a good debate and hopefully some answers.

My apologize for getting off topic.

Sityslicker1

Reaction score
I actually have detailed records of my DNP runs, the first being the most detailed, including daily weights and doses, and also the accumulated concentration. I'm 5ft 6in, and not a bodybuilder, preferring endurance sports. Mostly, cycling and running.

First, I think the dosage is a less important data point than the accumulated concentration in your body. Remember that for any given dosage, the concentration will eventually peak and hold fairly steady after some period of days.

I just took a look at the first 25 days. I went from 163.2 to 148.6, an average of 0.58 pounds per day. This was several days at 200 mg to start, and ended up at 550 mg, with accumulated concentration going from 200mg at start to 1.488 g after 25 days. After the first 10 days the accumulated was > 1.1g.

At this point I was eating about 800 calories per day and doing some running on a treadmill several times per week.

This was the first 25 days of a run starting in early January, 2018. The entire run went to April 13, still at about 500mg per day (concentration at about 1.4 g daily) and I only got down to 142.

To address the questions posed:

Question 1: I don't see 1 pound / day of fat loss as typical, except perhaps in people with a lot of fat to begin with. Even if it was, doubling the dosage would not necessarily double the rate of fat loss because it's not going to double the concentration that accumulates. Even then, this assumes that the DNP mechanism is linear, and there is no reason to assume that.

Question 2: See answer above.

Question 3: Who knows. My theory is that the more lean you are, the slower DNP works. It seems to me DNP picks off "low hanging fruit fat" and slows where there is less fat to begin with. It also seems to slow as a heavy person becomes more lean.

You make a great point differentiating b/w actually daily dose and total concentrate of dnp in your system. When I took 1g for 2 days I didn't factor in all the doses prior which was make a huge difference in actually dnp in my system.

Reaction score
I like the way Kraken put it as well… not necessarily going to be 1lb/day, could really change based on ones composition. You have someone that is overweight (shouldn’t be relying in Dnp for weight loss tho) and the very well may burn more than 1-2/day bc they are now having the Dnp increase internally 3x and they are carrying that extra weight around. Often times they may eat more carb heavy and start the sweats more so.

Someone who is lean and has less to burn, Dnp is muscle sparing for the most part so you’re gonna have less fat to burn and you’re already in good shape to which your body is accustom to the scrutiny you’re putting on it

I know I have taken Dnp at relatively the same composition from a numbers point and losses 14lbs in 20 days but also have lost 27lbs in 24 days. All in, I’d say someone that is “average” could usually see 1/lb with some variance

Reactions: MPM

Beti ona

Reaction score
According to a 2016 case reportTrusted Source, ingestion of doses as low as 10 to 20 milligrams per kilogram of body weight (4.5 to 9.1 milligrams per pound) can be fatal.

The guy ingested more than 4 grams in one go, it would be a miracle if he had survived.

It is not the same to take 4 grams in one dose as in 10 doses over 10 days.

Apparently the guy was suicidal, he achieved his goal, but I don't know if it was the best method.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Who knows. My theory is that the more lean you are, the slower DNP works. It seems to me DNP picks off "low hanging fruit fat" and slows where there is less fat to begin with. It also seems to slow as a heavy person becomes more lean.

DNP is like dieting or cardio, the fatter you are, the more fat you will melt. The body wants to survive, so if you keep pushing DNP, it will lower your metabolism as your % body fat approaches 0%.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Pretty sure I dropped 12lb In 14 days my first and second runs with perfect diet, working 12 hour shifts daily weight training and cardio. Started at 260lb In the end got down to 230lb. 2 week gap between them both

New Threads