Do fat burners actually work?

dirtys1x

Reaction score
LOL... pretty sure when the OP asked the question, he wasn't wanting to wait years to see the effect. This is the perspective I'm coming from. So another question... why even eat at a deficit to recomp? It's so much more effective to do this at maintenance calories, assuming someone was really chasing after a true recomp.

Also your body creating a new maintenance at 1700 calories, is probably not really a maintenance. You probably hit the start of aspects of metabolic syndrome from being on such a deficit for that period of time. The only way to fix that is by reverse dieting; which you seem to have been doing over the past 5 months. No doubt you've accrued some lean tissue... but also no doubt a portion of that are your glycogen stores being replenished after eating only 1700 calories for a while. 😂
Lol no I wasn’t even talking about in terms of the OP. I was just going on a tangent tbh.

I don’t recommend trying to build muscle and lose weight. It’s way faster and easier to do in a caloric surplus.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Lol no I wasn’t even talking about in terms of the OP. I was just going on a tangent tbh.

I don’t recommend trying to build muscle and lose weight. It’s way faster and easier to do in a caloric surplus.
Ahhhh!!! This makes so much more sense. The entire time I was reading your posts under the context of the OP! My bad dude.. LOL 😂

dirtys1x

Reaction score
Ahhhh!!! This makes so much more sense. The entire time I was reading your posts under the context of the OP! My bad dude.. LOL 😂
Ohh no no. Yeah @bubbersapr I was just going on a stupid nerd rant. Just bulk and cut like the rest of us because it’s the easiest and the fastest way to get the body you want to achieve.

Edit: also fat loss pills from your local supplement store don’t work

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
healing/repair... while the process is the same, is not the same thing I think about when someone says it's possible to put on lean tissue while in a deficit.

I'm sure you can gain something... but what are we talking about, grams? Maybe 1-2 ounces? It's really difficult, and I don't see the reason for even trying. Maybe this is more likely to be true if someone is obese, or new to the gym/dieting.

Now if the conversation was about eating at maintenance, then my opinion on this changes.
I agree, it's an exercise in futility. Pick one or the other. I'm only saying that it is 100% possible.

Reaction score
Been using a fat burner with extensive training. I can say it's working as long as you still partner it with exercise and calorie restriction

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Been using a fat burner with extensive training. I can say it's working as long as you still partner it with exercise and calorie restriction
Is it working, or is it your caloric deficit + exercise? 😂

Reaction score
From the people I've spoken in person to, I realized that exercising on a caloric deficit is the best way to go. and from those who used any form of fat burners was bought from a store. i have been looking for a source of DNP but now i'm considering synthesizing the stuff. I'll be posting about it once i get the supplies i need.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
I used to use fat burners. The only supplement that was ever worth a damn was the old eca stack. Everything out there today is questionable in my humble opinion.

It seems there has been a lot of info on injectable l carnitine lately. I ave not tried it and dont know enough to recommend it but you may want to look into thgat.

At the end of the day diet and training are what will get the job done. A very wise man once told me "Your diet is the hammer, your workouts are the chisel, everyhing else is sandpaper."
Fuck yea

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
a few years ago I used DNP,.
Does it work? Yes
Is it worth it? Not really
first thing is, unless you are super experienced(or on da juice) , you'll lose muscle mass, mainly because how much you'll hate life and how much harder your regular workouts are gonna be, even after you are done using its gonna throw off your routine for a few weeks at least. And a lot of people seem to rebound right after.
I used it during winter thinking it was the smart the thing to do, I was walking around in tank tops sweating 24/7 while everyone was wearing jackets. I looked like I was on drugs, everything I touch turned gold (musty yellow) .
My recommendation would be intermittent fasting , carb limitation and fasted cardio in the morning.
And for the love of god dont try to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.
If you consider yourself fat, lose the fat before you start building muscle, it makes life so much easier later on.
Also, Caffeine is a slight metabolism booster, so is getting your peen wet daily (doesnt work if married)
I can confirm it doesn’t work if ur married. Bro science at its finest.

weightlossburn

Reaction score
It was interesting reading the posts on this thread, but mainly because I too am interested in weight/fat loss.

Store bought fat burners are great at causing headaches and restlessness. Otherwise, as people mentioned, a waste of money.

For items that are easily purchased in stores, your may want to try CLA and Alli(Orlistat). Supplements that support the liver/kidney tends to be helpful. Also read up on Glucomannen. I personally hate regular yohimbine because of side effects, however someone informed me that Alpha Yohimbine is as effective with much less sides.

If you do your research on Google, there are many highly rated Telehealth medical clinics that offer prescriptions to CNS stimulants (Google reviews will guide you).

I wouldn't say you need a calorie deficit to lose fat/weight on dnp. Clen is great at fat/weight loss and energy/strength, but also bad for the heart. T3, I don't have much experience with but some members appear to get good results. Look into SARMs that have a main purpose of giving you energy.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
My spouse used to use fat burner injections that didn’t do sh!t. What did help lose weight were thyroid adjusters (eutirox) or clenbuterol, that aren’t necessarily fat burners but help regulate metabolism (eutirox) or increase breathing capacity while running on cleb-B by opening up the lungs to burn more oxygen (more calories burnt).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Danielle

Lady Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to lose weight naturally and sustainably for the past few months while also gaining muscle, I have been looking into using DNP but to be honest I didnt even look into the more attainable options that are available like l-carnitine, are there any supplements that actually work without messing with hormones?
Did you ever try T3?

GymRat79

Connoisseur of tranny cock
Reaction score
Fat burners are simply an aid for those who have their diet on point, and time their cardio correctly. You are not going to get shit out of them if you have a poor diet and don't do fasted cardio. I highly recommend hitting the sauna directly afterwards that you do fasted cardio. Sit in their for 20 minutes minimum 4-5 days per week and drink a gallon of water per day along with eating asparagus with every meal. If you pair this with a solid diet and workout routine you will definitely get ripped.

Last edited:

New Threads