Dorian Yates Shuts Down Popular Bodybuilding Myths

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Dorian's aged well....he's quite intelligent to boot.

GymRat79

Connoisseur of tranny cock
Reaction score
He does make a good point that all weight isn't created equally for everyone. Some need to lift heavier than others for results. Some can lift lighter weight and not go as heavy since everyone is built differently with different strength levels and body types. Some guys are tall, some are short, not everyone is genetically the same. Just because the guy next to you benches 300 or squats 500 doesn't mean you have to. There are plenty of guys out there with great physiques that never lift what would be considered heavy to many of us.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Don't have to lift heavy .... Yet he was doing rows with 450? when he tore his bicep haahaha he was fucking great.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
He does make a good point that all weight isn't created equally for everyone. Some need to lift heavier than others for results. Some can lift lighter weight and not go as heavy since everyone is built differently with different strength levels and body types. Some guys are tall, some are short, not everyone is genetically the same. Just because the guy next to you benches 300 or squats 500 doesn't mean you have to. There are plenty of guys out there with great physiques that never lift what would be considered heavy to many of us.
You and the rest of this forum would literally be shocked if you knew what I looked like and then saw what I lift. Ronnie coleman I am not, but I will bet you your last dollar it doesn't fucking matter because I grow and grow but rarely get stronger. Don't ask for secrets i aint got none.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
You and the rest of this forum would literally be shocked if you knew what I looked like and then saw what I lift. Ronnie coleman I am not, but I will bet you your last dollar it doesn't fucking matter because I grow and grow but rarely get stronger. Don't ask for secrets i aint got none.

It's all dependant on the individual
12s do fuxk all for me, if I want to get FUCKED up sore and grow, I have to hit crazy reps, like 25+
Add in PL as the main course, that's a tasty recipe

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
It's all dependant on the individual
12s do fuxk all for me, if I want to get FUCKED up sore and grow, I have to hit crazy reps, like 25+
Add in PL as the main course, that's a tasty recipe
Studies have shown the intensity of the effort is what matters as far as muscle growth goes. It has been proven muscle growth is stimulated with high reps (20+) so long as the set is taken to failure or close to it (if not beyond.)

Yates as always has xyz in his head and he will only give you x,y, or z. The others you have to figure out yourself.

He figures the knowledge only has value if you are willing to walk the path to learn it on your own. Things coming easy go just as fast and lot of people have money to burn but bodybuilding is an equalizer, your millions of dollars won't lift weights for you.

Something like that...

New Threads