Electrolytes, potassium and feeling hot

Beti ona

Reaction score
Many people overdo it and take too many supplements, water or electrolytes, and that can be dangerous.

I just want to highlight while taking electrolytes when using DNP is smart, it's also vital not to over supplement potassium. On DNP potassium could get very high. Quite a lot of "diet foods" also contain high amounts of potassium.

So while I recommend electrolyte powder during training I wouldn't recommend consuming high amounts throughout the day. Even just ensuring you eat some bananas, avocados, spinach, broccoli, kale, cashews etc while pink salting meals with plenty of water in between is more than enough.

As for feeling hot, It all depends upon your response and to me for DNP to be truly effective, you need to "feel it", so going through your day warmer (and specially more insonmia) but never boiling hot and struggling to breathe, but sadly that's how far many go and they shouldn't because it's simply not needed and can be dangerous.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good advice and will confirm the potassium statement. I don’t supplement potassium at all but I was in the hospital recently for unrelated issue and they came back with asking how much potassium I supplemented or bananas I was eating…”none”. My levels were more than 3x standard. Magnesium was low but potassium was insane

I preach that same statement with needing to feel hot. Most people don’t want to feel the sides, you don’t have to unless you’re a super responder to low dose. Many of the guys here that have run it multiples csn confirm that you don’t have to be sweating your balls off for it to work. If you wanna feel it, up to you, but more sides doesn’t mean more weight drop either

Beti ona

Reaction score
There is serious confusion with the sodium/potassium issue.

We dieting lifters take in tons of potassium in our diet, you don't need to supplement anymore. And you need to take in a lot of sodium with meals to maintain balance.

Of course, the body will try to maintain homeostasis, but more people have excess potassium than deficiency.

Reaction score
There is serious confusion with the sodium/potassium issue.

We dieting lifters take in tons of potassium in our diet, you don't need to supplement anymore. And you need to take in a lot of sodium with meals to maintain balance.

Of course, the body will try to maintain homeostasis, but more people have excess potassium than deficiency.
How much water and sodium do you recommend shooting for a day?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's hugely variable based on your overall diet, how much you sweat, genetics, etc.

A good starting point might be to use cronometer to track a week's worth of dietary electrolyte intake.

Beti ona

Reaction score

I don't weigh sodium, I just make sure my meals are salty, and I add a teaspoon of coffee to my intra-training water.

My taste buds have adapted to eating salty food.

I eat many vegetables and supplement with half a gram of magnesium 4 times a day.

I drink about 4 liters of water easily, when I am using DNP and sweating more, I will be able to drink 1 or 2 liters more but no need to exaggerate.

Beti ona

Reaction score
If you’re drinking a ton of plain water you could be making the situation worse by flushing out more electrolytes.

If you want to keep water high, look into adding in some salt or maybe an electrolyte mix to it.

Reaction score
If you’re drinking a ton of plain water you could be making the situation worse by flushing out more electrolytes.

If you want to keep water high, look into adding in some salt or maybe an electrolyte mix to it.
yeah I’m probably around 2 gallons a day if I had to guess, sodium 6-8g.

Beti ona

Reaction score
All this is equally important even if you do not use DNP, when you are running DNP you will need a little more water and electrolytes, that's all.

Xxplosive

Reaction score
Good advice and will confirm the potassium statement. I don’t supplement potassium at all but I was in the hospital recently for unrelated issue and they came back with asking how much potassium I supplemented or bananas I was eating…”none”. My levels were more than 3x standard. Magnesium was low but potassium was insane

I preach that same statement with needing to feel hot. Most people don’t want to feel the sides, you don’t have to unless you’re a super responder to low dose. Many of the guys here that have run it multiples csn confirm that you don’t have to be sweating your balls off for it to work. If you wanna feel it, up to you, but more sides doesn’t mean more weight drop either

The heat and the sweat it causes is literally fat burning- so the more you feel it, the more fat is being burned.

Now coming from a person who took as much as 800mg of crystal in 1 day, there is a point of diminishing returns where it starts chewing hard into your muscle tissue unless you overeat- which defeats the purpose of it.

Even 200mg of powder is a much stronger fat burner than literally anything else that is available, so even if you run it at a low dose for say 4 weeks, you will burn more pure fat than clen, T3, tren and gh all combined for same period, assuming diet/cardio are the same.

I have literally done NOTHING and didnt change my diet and have lost crazy amounts of fat in short periods of time with DNP.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The heat and the sweat it causes is literally fat burning- so the more you feel it, the more fat is being burned.

Now coming from a person who took as much as 800mg of crystal in 1 day, there is a point of diminishing returns where it starts chewing hard into your muscle tissue unless you overeat- which defeats the purpose of it.

Even 200mg of powder is a much stronger fat burner than literally anything else that is available, so even if you run it at a low dose for say 4 weeks, you will burn more pure fat than clen, T3, tren and gh all combined for same period, assuming diet/cardio are the same.

I have literally done NOTHING and didnt change my diet and have lost crazy amounts of fat in short periods of time with DNP.
There’s certainly a diminishing return on DNP. I wouldn’t necessarily say the more you feel the more burn as some people will read it was take more burn more. The heat can be absolutely horrendous sometimes, it also can vary from cycle to cycle. I’ve lost the same amount of weight running a 200 vs 600 before, no change other than the amount I took but got same end results. Dnp can be very stubborn and tricky, it’s not for the light hearted. But there’s one thing true… you’re gonna lose some weight on it!

Xxplosive

Reaction score
There’s certainly a diminishing return on DNP. I wouldn’t necessarily say the more you feel the more burn as some people will read it was take more burn more. The heat can be absolutely horrendous sometimes, it also can vary from cycle to cycle. I’ve lost the same amount of weight running a 200 vs 600 before, no change other than the amount I took but got same end results. Dnp can be very stubborn and tricky, it’s not for the light hearted. But there’s one thing true… you’re gonna lose some weight on it!

First week back in the gym (2 workouts). Started at 200mg of powder on Monday, and have already dropped from 227.5 lbs to about 226.2 (both weighed before workout). This is also taking the water weight ive put on since.

This is the first time I am actually hitting diet and cardio hard with DNP, every other time i did jack shit and wasnt eating great and fat still melted off at a crazy rate.

Would it be wreckless to stay on until i drop to195 lbs? Im thinking 5 weeks on this course should get there, plan on upping the dose to 400mg by Sunday.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First week back in the gym (2 workouts). Started at 200mg of powder on Monday, and have already dropped from 227.5 lbs to about 226.2 (both weighed before workout). This is also taking the water weight ive put on since.

This is the first time I am actually hitting diet and cardio hard with DNP, every other time i did jack shit and wasnt eating great and fat still melted off at a crazy rate.

Would it be wreckless to stay on until i drop to195 lbs? Im thinking 5 weeks on this course should get there, plan on upping the dose to 400mg by Sunday.
Wouldn’t rely on using the scale as a start stop point. A lot of people will retain water throughout so you could be holding onto like 5lbs of water though out. Some people don’t hold the water weight so it’s really not a judge thing. Typically would always say run it 2 weeks, 3 if you can handle it, and come off and look at end results

Xxplosive

Reaction score
Wouldn’t rely on using the scale as a start stop point. A lot of people will retain water throughout so you could be holding onto like 5lbs of water though out. Some people don’t hold the water weight so it’s really not a judge thing. Typically would always say run it 2 weeks, 3 if you can handle it, and come off and look at end results

Diet has been PSMF, so there is a massive carb and fat deficit. Some of that is glycogen depletion of course.

I also stuck some test/primo yesterday, and even cyp makes me puff out almost instantly. So the fact that the scale has already moved 1.5 lbs down when it SHOULD have gone up from test + DNP bloat is super encouraging to me.

*Between my 3rd and 4th run on DNP, the sides affected me way less. And this was from the same batch from same supplier, so i know 100% it was good. I have never NOT lost significant weight from DNP.

New Threads