EnjpyYourSymptom’s Log

Reaction score
I don't know why but for me my squat routine alone hits my hamstrings hard enough. I do the last set with pause reps and they are toast. My quads are what I have trouble wearing out.

Reaction score
On movements like barbell squats that’s when you should call it. Technical failure.
Window makers aren’t just 20 reps. They’re progressive up to 50 reps.
You’re also supposed to do the same widow maker movement each lower body day. So there’s not 3 widow makers. There’s only one that you beat into the ground

Have you done lying db hamstring curls?
I haven’t found anyone recommending using the same WM movement except for very large people, everything I’ve found on IM suggests using the same movement for your heavy and your WM set. If you have some info you can share I’m all ears and appreciate it!

Reaction score
I don't know why but for me my squat routine alone hits my hamstrings hard enough. I do the last set with pause reps and they are toast. My quads are what I have trouble wearing out.
The modifications I use help me hit quads more than my posterior chain. I use the SSB, a narrow and as upright as possible stance (like a front squat), three count eccentric, one second pause, and as fast as possible concentric. My best ever low bar back squat is 490x1; this has me dead at 290x8 due to quad fatigue.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I haven’t found anyone recommending using the same WM movement except for very large people, everything I’ve found on IM suggests using the same movement for your heavy and your WM set. If you have some info you can share I’m all ears and appreciate it!
It’s in the dc dvd that Justin Harris did where he talks about widow makers.
Also here where it goes more in depth

“HACK SQUAT - 3 SETS FOR QUADS - 1 HEAVY SET OF 5-9, 1 LESS HEAVY SET OF 9-12 (this is an extra set) AND THEN FOR THE WIDOWMAKER he would pick a leg press and do it there on the same leg press EVERY session but rotating the widowmaker rep range (first session 20 rep widowmaker, next session 25 rep, next session 30 rep...repeat and progress).”

Reaction score
It’s in the dc dvd that Justin Harris did where he talks about widow makers.
Also here where it goes more in depth

“HACK SQUAT - 3 SETS FOR QUADS - 1 HEAVY SET OF 5-9, 1 LESS HEAVY SET OF 9-12 (this is an extra set) AND THEN FOR THE WIDOWMAKER he would pick a leg press and do it there on the same leg press EVERY session but rotating the widowmaker rep range (first session 20 rep widowmaker, next session 25 rep, next session 30 rep...repeat and progress).”
Ah, thanks. I have read that post a few times and have it saved in a Google doc where I was compiling important DC notes. I haven’t used the methods in that post because I’m still in the meat and potatoes 2-way territory and just need all over growth, where I read the author of that post saying he intends it for more advanced trainees who need more specialization.

I could see that version of the WM working to resolve my issue since it uses a scheme of progression within a rep range.

Reaction score
Conditioning:
Restarted BJJ last week, just going 3x per week and taking it easy. I haven’t trained since 3/2020 and was about to get my purple belt. I feel like a white belt again, BJJ is a perishable skill for sure. Happy to be back and looking forward to the next six months and getting my ass back in shape and growing my skills again. My cardio feels really good and I am about 25lb heavier than when I last trained and feel much stronger.

Hamstrings:
Made adjustments to my sumo leg press form today. I used a much higher foot position and really felt the squeeze at the top of the rep. Is this still a quad dominant movement? Yes, but that’s not a terrible thing for me.

Cut progress:
Still going, slow and steady. Slower feels a bit harder mentally in some ways than faster, mainly because I have “high water” days where I am much heavier and more washed out than expected thanks to water retention. I’ll wake up the following day lighter and looking leaner.

These photos are at the same weight, but the second is on what I’d call a “high water day” where my normal weight would be about 3lb lower than the first photo. And of course the first photo is a “transformation” photo, ie body hair and less tight in the mid section so I have a nicer set of before and after photos to validate my ego.

C450A422-A5C8-415D-83D4-9805064142D4.jpeg

Reactions: PZT

New Threads