Fatigue and brain health

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone have dealt with that 'just woke up feeling' but nearly all day? I've been trying to get my sleep better.....and im almost certain its some stress/depression/thought related. I've looked at thyroid, insulin resistance, anemia, vitamin decinfiencies, heavy metals, etc...i have considered changing my diet, supps and importantly sleep quality. Its just I get tired daily and just lay down but its not restorative.

weightlossburn

Reaction score
There are many options for improving sleep. Stress/Depression may require a call to the therapist.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Do you know if you have sleep apnea?

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Anyone can develop it. I would get the study just to rule it out. Most sleep labs offer at home sleep studies now.

are you on any additional medications?

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Anyone can develop it. I would get the study just to rule it out. Most sleep labs offer at home sleep studies now.

are you on any additional medications?
For sure im on no medication
Could be adrenal fatigue

OldeBull1

Reaction score
Sleep apnea is my first thought. It's just about the time of year that seasonal depression increases. Iron deficiency and food allergies fit the description as well.
How are your vit B levels? What does your substance use look like (drink or smoke?)

Any other symptoms? Achy joints? Gut issues? How are the bones and libido? Mood throughout the day?

There is a lot to look into, more than we can guess at from the internet. Give it two weeks, see if it improves. In the meantime, try to rule out what it is not. If this is still a bother in a few weeks, maybe it's time to see a doctor. Sleep is crucial.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I've looked at thyroid, insulin resistance, anemia, vitamin decinfiencies, heavy metals, etc..
When you say you looked at it.... did you actually pull blood to do lab work to test for those things? Or did you just do some googling and say "nah... Not my issue"?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
You mention , looking at thyroid , insulin resistance and so on , how exactly? We talking looking up symptoms on the interwebz or did you get bloods and panels done ? Just off the top of my head with what we do for a hobby or work in some cases .... Cortisol levels through the roof or your Estrogen is out of whack , could be stress on the body CNS fatigue can make you feel tired , lethargic , foggy , do you work to failure often , try altering your routine. My best suggestion , get some bloodwork done and see whats up under the hood , no point in guessing.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
When you say you looked at it.... did you actually pull blood to do lab work to test for those things? Or did you just do some googling and say "nah... Not my issue"?
When I read that , the parent radar in me went off like there was an incoming MiG ,,, whata ya mean ,, looked at hahaahha right on.

dirtys1x

Reaction score
First step will be bloodwork.
Second step will be a sleep study

My blood work is fine
I was referred to sleep doctor and I have sleep apnea.

Sleep apnea doesn’t have to fit a body type or age. I’m 25 years old and in fairly good shape. Yes I’m always exhausted too. I have a deviated septum which affects my breathing in sleep

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Yeah my fat % has been higher, dropped Wright this morning and losing lean.body mass.

Could be high cortisol

Last edited:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
What panels should I get for blood work
Talk to your doctor about your symptoms, tell him you think it could be hormonal. The doctor will put together the panels to pull.

You simply listed too many symptoms for us to recommend panels without it costing you a small fortune.

Reaction score
Probably i have sleep apnea. I snore for years when started gear. I sleep on the second floor because my wife can't sleep lol I can't stay anywhere overnight with a friends. They will be in horror when i snore. But i wake up refreshed everyday. Just can't sleep anywhere lol

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Gotta left eyelid twitch lasting month on and off

Fvckinashman

Reaction score
I am betting hormones are off or you are dealing with some depression issues perhaps

Reaction score
My son had something similar, did sleep tests and has sleep apnea.
He is working with some breathing therapy (avoid mouth breathing, including taping lips shut at night, as well as some other breath training). Still going with this but feels somewhat better.
Seems better than buying one of those sleep machines.

New Threads