Favorite All-round Powerlifting Barbell?

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Do you guys have a favorite all-round powerlifting bar? I know there are a bunch out there and a lot of it come down to preference but i don't really know where to start. Right now I'm using a really cheap Rogue bar. No center knurl and the knurling is not aggressive at all. I'm looking for a bar that has aggressive knurling and a center knurled area that can be used for all the big three. I lift outside so I might get stainless. The winter is coming so moisture could be an issue. I don't mind spending for some quality. I'm going to need plates soon here so I figured I'd order both in one go!

Thanks y'all!

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Texas power bar is the best I’ve ever used. IMOmits better than anything else out there. You can get them with a cerakote finish and I think stainless is an option as well.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Texas power bar is the best I’ve ever used. IMOmits better than anything else out there. You can get them with a cerakote finish and I think stainless is an option as well.

Awesome! Based of reviews this was definitely a contender for me!

PZT

Elite
Reaction score

Right now this is my favorite but it’s the only decent bar besides our deadlift bar in the gym. I like a good stiffie though. Stiff as in hard. But like not gay, just a little ghey.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Those are the two I was torn between. The Ohio power bar and the Texas power bar. Definitely gonna go Texas power bar! Thanks guys! I'm jacked up for this bar already!!

BrotherIron

Reaction score
The Ohio power bar doesn't have as aggressive knurling as the texas power bar. For an all around great bar I'd go with the Teas Power Bar. I also am a big fan of the Texas Squat Bar as that is what I have and used to squat with (currently at my other gym which I haven't been able to get over to in months).

Reaction score
The Ohio power bar doesn't have as aggressive knurling as the texas power bar. For an all around great bar I'd go with the Teas Power Bar. I also am a big fan of the Texas Squat Bar as that is what I have and used to squat with (currently at my other gym which I haven't been able to get over to in months).
If I had to do it all over again, I would skip the power bar and go with the Texas deadlift bar and the Texas squat bar (use that for squats and bench). I got too wide and I have a hard time squatting with a standard power bar without my shoulders or elbows hurting.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again, I would skip the power bar and go with the Texas deadlift bar and the Texas squat bar (use that for squats and bench). I got too wide and I have a hard time squatting with a standard power bar without my shoulders or elbows hurting.
Do you have access to a camber bar for squatting? Best thing I've found for the shoulders.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
I'm saving so much money eating like a normal human being that more bars will definitely be in the budget! Lol