Hi all,

CBC, CMP and Lipids in range.
Total Testosterone - 27.1 nmol/l [7.6-31.4],
Free Testosterone - 346 pmol/l [160-699],
SHBG - 74 nmol/l [12-60],
Estrodial - 112 pmol/l [<159],
DHT - 638 pmol/l [1032-2924]**

** Been on Finasteride 1.25 mg ED

First Cycle: 250 Test E w/ MK677. For 12 weeks. Aromasin on hand. Nolva only PCT.

Q: Is HCG necessary for PCT?, Better gains if extended for 16 weeks or bump up 275-300 for 12 weeks?

Your thoughts & experiences are much appreciated!

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
“Introduction: Finasteride has been associated with sexual side effects that may persist despite discontinuation of the medication. In a clinical series, 20% of subjects with male pattern hair loss reported persistent sexual dysfunction for ≥6 years, suggesting the possibility that the dysfunction may be PERMANENT .”

lifter6973

Drama Queen
Reaction score
“Introduction: Finasteride has been associated with sexual side effects that may persist despite discontinuation of the medication. In a clinical series, 20% of subjects with male pattern hair loss reported persistent sexual dysfunction for ≥6 years, suggesting the possibility that the dysfunction may be PERMANENT .”
Would you call this a fun fact?

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is any study conducted on the so called "hair safe cycle". It's all anecdotal. Regardless, all I know is that DHT is the driver for hair loss. Finasteride and Dutasteride blocks the 5 alpha reductase enzyme which converts Testosterone to DHT. If DHT goes below the reference range you'll experience low DHT sides such as low libido, brain fog, light heedlessness, panic attacks etc. Finasteride is the 8th most commonly prescribed drug in the world. A lot of TRT doctors prescribe Finasteride - even for non AGA patients.

Endocrinology isn't black and white - which is what Derek MPMD preaches about. Each of us respond in a different way just like you mentioned about PCT. And I think most of the fear mongering from Finasteride boils down to ignorance in the individuals' hormonal levels and not necessarily the drug.

With that being said, keeping DHT in a lower end of normal range possibly below 50 ng/dl seems to be the sweet spot for people with hair loss genetics like myself with reference range being 30-85 ng/dl. My current DHT levels are way lower hence the obvious low DHT sides. With Test E cycle, obviously the DHT levels will rise above the reference range. Keeping it within the safe territory by popping in fin/dut depending on bloodwork will give me the best chance of protecting the hair.

I do plan on ditching finasteride in the future though. I'm not stressed about Post Finasteride Syndrome. I'm no expert but am fairly confident that I can turn things around - because I know what my current hormonal levels are plus with age and genetics.

Sorry for the essay, but that's just my approach. I'll update you guys post cycle anyways!

A couple of studies conducted if you're interested on how DHT induces sebum production causing hair loss:

Differential response of sebaceous glands to exogenous testosterone [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9764157/]

Effect of androgenic and anabolic steroids on the sebaceous gland in power athletes
[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2436412/]

The second this retard started talking.
I fucking knew he was one of those MPMD retards.
Was confirmed when he started saying stupid shit like Super physiological, like an asshole.

250mg Cycle
Only cared about hair
Uses large unnecessary terms
Has down syndrome

YUP
MPMD fan

Reaction score
You can get girls with a shaved head and even keep them.
Good luck when your dick no longer works.
Better work on becoming a power bottom
Appreciate your concern brother! The fin I'm on is a prescription one. I'm in touch with urologist fyi.

Reaction score
I get it folks. No one is a fan of MPMD in this forum. I welcome all the flack thrown at me. I think it has helped me look at the blind spots in my game including the inefficacy of low dose cycles. So ty.

Peace and love

Last edited:

Gcr

Reaction score
I've tried stopping my finasteride several times to try to increase my DHT but after several days I develop urgency problems and go back to it. I don't know, maybe I should just get the dreaded surgery. Funny thing is some doctors say it's high estrogen that cause BPH but I had mine checked and it was low normal.

Reaction score
I've tried stopping my finasteride several times to try to increase my DHT but after several days I develop urgency problems and go back to it. I don't know, maybe I should just get the dreaded surgery. Funny thing is some doctors say it's high estrogen that cause BPH but I had mine checked and it was low normal.
Holy crap bro! Did you get your PSA levels checked? Did you speak to your urologist?

Gcr

Reaction score
Holy crap bro! Did you get your PSA levels checked? Did you speak to your urologist?
PSA is always good, I've had two complete test with urologist including scope into my penis/bladder over the last few years. I was told I have a small but hard prostate and could have surgery or meds. I was going to have surgery back in 2011 but chickened out and opted to stay on meds. I've actually had this problem since my 30's. Never took any meds until 2011 and been on since with the VA . I'm just fucked unless I get reamed out.

Reaction score
PSA is always good, I've had two complete test with urologist including scope into my penis/bladder over the last few years. I was told I have a small but hard prostate and could have surgery or meds. I was going to have surgery back in 2011 but chickened out and opted to stay on meds. I've actually had this problem since my 30's. Never took any meds until 2011 and been on since with the VA . I'm just fucked unless I get reamed out.
Sorry to hear that man. You might want to explain your situation with Dr. William Rassman. He might give you some leads. Hope it works out you.

Reaction score
I get it folks. No one is a fan of MPMD in this forum. I welcome all the flack thrown at me. I think it has helped me look at the blind spots in my game including the inefficacy of low dose cycles. So ty.

Peace and love
The “inefficacy of low dose cycles”. This one I gotta hear.

Let me guess…You finally have results thanks to high doses because you’re a “hardgainer”.

New Threads