First timer DNP log

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm using this post to track my first DNP run.

I plan to start Monday and will be doing 100g a day for 5 days, then 200g a day for 9 days.
I know this is very conservative but frankly with the reputation of this compound, I'd rather take it easy my first time - lifting and fitness is a long term affair so what's a few weeks?
I have already taken a solitary 100g cap to ensure I didn't keel over.

Background
I'm currently sitting at 154lb and am 5'9". Pretty light, but I still have the dreaded love handles and a saggy gut.
Part of this I believe is due to a 90lb weight loss using CICO.
I've been lifting fairly consistently for a couple of years, but don't really look like it since I've always been on a massive defecit.

I'm hoping to lose most of this surplus fat during this (and maybe a subsequent) run so I can go back to maintenance for a while before starting a long slow surplus.
I've been spinning my wheels for too long now so I'm hoping to break the cycle.

Supplements
Multivitamins
3g vitamin C
1000iu vitamin E
2 electrolyte tabs a day (with 500ml water)
2g pyruvate
I have Benadryl to hand
And of course lots of water

I have been tracking my body temp for a while so have a baseline.

Diet
I've been eating at a big defecit for around a year now (with the odd break for holidays) and progress has been painfully slow. I'm currently at around 1200kcal a day. I have started to eat maintenance (1900kcal) for the last day or two in an effort to be able to "reset metabolism", which I had planned to do for a couple of weeks.
I think I'll probably stick to around 1400kcal during the run.
Protein is around 0.9 per lb bodyweight. Carbs I keep fairly low, around 150g.

Routine
I'll be continuing my very short PPLxPPL routine which I squeeze into my lunch break at work.
Cardio could definitely be improved to be honest but I struggle with squeezing it in sometimes. That said I do get in around 12000 steps a day split over several short walks.

To be continued Monday...

Hey man
Not trying to be a dick
But you're 159 lbs
Maybe do a recomp instead of a cut?
It will only make things easier in your longer journey
You are eating 1400cal, you just described my lunch.
You'll need to put in muscle at some point or you will literally always look bad.

Good for thought
Check out my pictures, I cut twice on DNP and lost 15-20kgs in 2 months my second time.

Intel
Shut the fuck up
You would blow away with a decent gust of wind.
Dont give fitness or compound advice to anyone

Reaction score
Hey man
Not trying to be a dick
But you're 159 lbs
You'll need to put in muscle at some point or you will literally always look bad.

Oh man this one hits close to home.
Not a dick comment at all, it's the proper advice.
After cutting for a loooong time I did do a recomp for a couple of months, which turned into a very slow bulk for a couple more. I started around 150 and got up to 160. I definitely look better than when I started but ultimately I'm unhappy with my flab, and I look like a damn hourglass thanks to my hips and back fat :LOL:

I'm just trying to look at least half way decent with my shirt off and I feel like I need to smash this stubborn white fat into submission once and for all by getting down real low. Not even bothered about seeing abs.
After that the plan is to eat at 200 over maintenance for years :D

Reaction score
Day 2 bought no sides apart from being slightly hotter while eating dinner, which was about an hour after my second 100mg dose.

Reaction score
Hey man
Not trying to be a dick
But you're 159 lbs

Good for thought

Intel
Shut the fuck up
You would blow away with a decent gust of wind.
Dont give fitness or compound advice to anyone
Lol, first you say don't give advice because you don't have experience. Now you say it because I have too much experience and my results were too good. It's DNP we're talking about, it's a good thing that I'm lightweight and adds to my credibility.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Oh man this one hits close to home.
Not a dick comment at all, it's the proper advice.
After cutting for a loooong time I did do a recomp for a couple of months, which turned into a very slow bulk for a couple more. I started around 150 and got up to 160. I definitely look better than when I started but ultimately I'm unhappy with my flab, and I look like a damn hourglass thanks to my hips and back fat :LOL:

I'm just trying to look at least half way decent with my shirt off and I feel like I need to smash this stubborn white fat into submission once and for all by getting down real low. Not even bothered about seeing abs.
After that the plan is to eat at 200 over maintenance for years :D
I get what you're saying
I'll out it this way
I'm bulking hard right now
Went from lean and now I have a bit of a muffin top, I'll keep eating until my abs are finally gone, even then, I will still have people tell me i look good
Big arms/ Shouldefs and a V taper will help
Furthermore, more muscle mass will eat up more calories.

Just food for thought, good kuxk
Lol, first you say don't give advice because you don't have experience. Now you say it because I have too much experience and my results were too good. It's DNP we're talking about, it's a good thing that I'm lightweight and adds to my credibility.

No
It shows how much of a fucking tool you are
that you would even take DNP while looking like that.
credibility?
You took a pill to look anorexic
Shut up and eat some food

Reaction score
Day 3, no sides.

Day 4 (today). No sides but down to 151 from starting weight of 152.2. Not paying too much attention to the scale until the end though.

Reaction score
Day 5. Noticing I'm a little hotter after taking the tab for a while but not actually sweating.

Reaction score
Nothing to report really, just checking in.
I think I picked a bad time for this run given that I have time off with the family and am surrounded by chocolate eggs! Diet hasn't been as strict as I'd have liked over the past day or two but I'm trying to limit the damage with cardio. Had some rare time to myself a couple of days back so went for a three hour hike.
I have also abstained from alcohol of course.
Scale seems to fluctuate a pound up or down per day as it usually does.

Reaction score
Holidays can be difficult to control around. If you were in a higher dose per day, you’d def notice it really quickly and then want to refrain from the junk food. But scale will flux, it’s normal. You prob won’t see too much going on with the 100mg/day tho as sides will be very minimal, If at all noticeable

Reaction score
Holidays can be difficult to control around. If you were in a higher dose per day, you’d def notice it really quickly and then want to refrain from the junk food. But scale will flux, it’s normal. You prob won’t see too much going on with the 100mg/day tho as sides will be very minimal, If at all noticeable
I did 100mg for 5 days then paused to assess tolerance. I'm on 200mg now, though sides are still barely noticeable. Definitely there though. Not expecting to shed a huge amount with this dose, just a nudge in the right direction. Which anecdotally, it does seem to have done already.

Reaction score
Yeah dnp can be different each cycle you run. You may retain some water and puff or barely have any and lose throughout. In the end tho, it always comes about the same. Not sure about the pausing midway as if didn’t have any negative. Then all good with reactions and such. You’ll notice more on the 200mg tho usually a little after you eat

Reaction score
Last day today.
I'll update again over the weekend with final stats.
After this I think I'm going to eat at maintenance for a month before resuming at a 500kcal defecit. I think my body is becoming too efficient at operating with low calories!
May consider another DNP run depending on the results of that.

Reaction score
Forgot to follow up with this. My run finished at the same weight overall, so no loss. I think in hindsight I should have "normalised" my calorie intake after cutting so aggressively for so long.
Currently eating at maintenance again and steady, which is a nice break since it feels like I'm eating like a king.

Will continue this for several weeks and then cut again (without DNP) to see if I can get rid of the last bits of flab.

Depending on the results of that I might run DNP once more later this year, probably at 400mg instead of 200mg.

Reaction score
Forgot to follow up with this. My run finished at the same weight overall, so no loss. I think in hindsight I should have "normalised" my calorie intake after cutting so aggressively for so long.
Currently eating at maintenance again and steady, which is a nice break since it feels like I'm eating like a king.

Will continue this for several weeks and then cut again (without DNP) to see if I can get rid of the last bits of flab.

Depending on the results of that I might run DNP once more later this year, probably at 400mg instead of 200mg.
A lot of people I know who run DNP get results like this. I don't think it's the DNP, there are a million factors that go into it.

New Threads