Freaks food thread.. What are you eating?

GSgator

Reaction score
Not one to eat out of my comfort zone, but I've been wanting to try bison..

What should I expect taste wise?

Is it similar to any other meat in particular?
I think it taste like ground beef and it’s super lean . With the pasta and sauce of course you can’t taste the meat. I make plain Pattie’s with it as well . What thru me off was ground turkey that’s a different taste I don’t eat that shit anymore.

Also the bison ages well I can prep meals
Sunday all the way to Thursday and it doesn’t have that funky taste like chicken or steak.I’m picky with my proteins I can’t eat microwaved chicken or steak. I can heat the pasta and meat up but when I make the patties I’ll just eat them cold with Frank’s red hot sauce.

GSgator

Reaction score
It cooks down to like 14oz or so I split that in half for meals

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 9

Freakmidd

Reaction score
I think it taste like ground beef and it’s super lean . With the pasta and sauce of course you can’t taste the meat. I make plain Pattie’s with it as well . What thru me off was ground turkey that’s a different taste I don’t eat that shit anymore.

Also the bison ages well I can prep meals
Sunday all the way to Thursday and it doesn’t have that funky taste like chicken or steak.I’m picky with my proteins I can’t eat microwave chicken or steak. I can heat the pasta and meat up but when I make the patties I’ll just eat them cold with Frank’s red hot sauce.
I'm very much the same.. not big on ground turkey and won't eat leftover steak.. also not fond of reheating meat in the microwave though I don't mind reheating pasta. When I do eat leftover meats, more often than not I just eat it cold as well.. hamburger patties included.

Freakmidd

Reaction score
It cooks down to like 14oz or so I split that in half for meals
There is a butcher up by my trailer that sells local meats.. everything is prepared on site and I noticed bison on the list, so it might be worth a try.

GSgator

Reaction score
There is a butcher up by my trailer that sells local meats.. everything is prepared on site and I noticed bison on the list, so it might be worth a try.
You should give it a try if you get a cut of meat LMK that might have a different taste then the ground bison . Maybe he can ground some up for you. When I get freezer room I want to buy from a butcher like that. I get the individual wrapped ones that are raised without antibiotics or hormones at Costco but fuck there pricey and 90% of the meat I eat is red meat.

Reaction score
I like to mix the ground bison with ground beef at a about a 2/1 ratio. The beef gives it more flavor since bison is pretty bland.

Reaction score
IMG-20220619-WA0001.jpgDoing up 10lbs of chicken brest.
Green & red bell peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeños, lime, salt, peper and bone broth.
Cooking it down in the pressure cooker for about 50 minutes until it falls apart and can be easily shredded with a fork.

Throw it into some corn tortillas, onto some greens or with some rice.

First time I've gotten away from the grill in months now. Had to switch it up a little.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sweet potato and tamarind curry stew (thickened with Greek yoghurt) with tilapia and roasted veg

Attachments

• 20220623_180544.jpg
    20220623_180544.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 8

New Threads