hammer strength plate loaded bench vs barbell incline bench?

GymRat79

Connoisseur of tranny cock
Reaction score
What would be the reason why a guy could lift 6 plates on an incline hammer strength plate loaded bench and not with a barbbell incline bench?

Explain the reason here please, thank you.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It's not the same exercise, bracing and stability are different, and different stabilizer muscles are used.

Fin.

GymRat79

Connoisseur of tranny cock
Reaction score
It's not the same exercise, bracing and stability are different, and different stabilizer muscles are used.

Fin.
So if a guy can lift 6 plates on an incline hammer plate loaded bench and not with a barbbell, what training techniques and exercises would you have him work with to improve his stabilizer mucles that are proving to be too weak to lift as heavy with a barbbell?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
So if a guy can lift 6 plates on an incline hammer plate loaded bench and not with a barbbell, what training techniques and exercises would you have him work with to improve his stabilizer mucles that are proving to be too weak to lift as heavy with a barbbell?
I'd start with actually barbell incline bench, if he wants to get better at barbell incline bench.

SAID Principle. Specific adaptations to imposed demands.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
This is a very complex question with no simple answer. There are so many factors in play. I guess I would start with the fact that due to the way Hammer Strength machines are built you are not actually lifting a full 6 plates worth of weight throughout the entire ROM. The level of intermuscular coordination is much, much lower as is the overall demand on the CNS. It is a true apples to oranges comparison.

Reaction score
My guess is alot of it has to do with the mechanical advantage of the lever arm.
the weight is between the force (your hands) and the pivot point behind you, giving you an advantage.

Reaction score
My guess is alot of it has to do with the mechanical advantage of the lever arm.
the weight is between the force (your hands) and the pivot point behind you, giving you an advantage.
Point between where the weight is pressed (your hand) and the Pivot point is referred to as the FULCRUM. If you're gonna go nerd talk then go all in.

It's exactly what you are saying though. The longer the fulcrum, the more leverage you can get and the more weight can be lifted. The incline bench represents a fulcrum length of zero. The hammer strength machine provides a mechanical advantage so you can "lift more".

Reaction score
Point between where the weight is pressed (your hand) and the Pivot point is referred to as the FULCRUM. If you're gonna go nerd talk then go all in.

It's exactly what you are saying though. The longer the fulcrum, the more leverage you can get and the more weight can be lifted. The incline bench represents a fulcrum length of zero. The hammer strength machine provides a mechanical advantage so you can "lift more".
lol im only a pretend nerd with rudimentary understanding.

all i know is its like a wheelbarrow.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

Awwwwkward. Fulcrum is actually the pivot point, the lever arm is the distance between the fulcrum and handles of the machine. The moment arm would the horizontal distance between vertical line through the fulcrum and the vertical line through the weight, in this example.

Full nerd. 🤓

*God I hope I remembered that correctly, or I'm gonna get some shit!!! 🤣

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Awwwwkward. Fulcrum is actually the pivot point, the lever arm is the distance between the fulcrum and handles of the machine. The moment arm would the horizontal distance between vertical line through the fulcrum and the vertical line through the weight, in this example.

Full nerd. 🤓

I put plates on it and move it until it doesn’t move anymore.
That’s all I know.🙃

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Back to high school physics all of you!

Reaction score

Full nerd. 🤓

Lol. I suck.

But at least I’m no nerd. 🤓

New Threads