Hello UG

Reaction score
Hello,
I am 31 (almost 32) years old, have a few years of on/off lifting experience and managed to overcome very bad binge eating behaviours.
Due to some bad things happened in my life I began to binge eat really bad. I am 183cm and my highest weight was around 120 kg. This is many years back but I always struggled to heal from the binge eating and diet down to a good bodyweight and bodyfat. Now after several years of fighting and suffering through this whole process I finally can say that I lost nearly 50kg (48kg to be exact) and I weight myself this morning with 72 kg.
I found this forum and I'd like to get advice from you how I should continue my journey.
My two big questions are:
1. Would you diet further down? I initially wanted to reach around 10% bf but I don't know at what level I am right now. I have very little muscle mass aswell.
One big problem is my lower abs area. I think it's loose skin and it looks really bad imo. Do you have tips to fix that?
2. How should I program my training?
My problem here is that there is just too much information these days. There is the everything to failure side and then everything with 1-3 rir. RIR doesn't make sense to me but as far as I know this is from the science community.
So I watched Mike Israetel on that part and Jordan Peters on the other part. I also watched his education series and tried out his fullbody. But the 13 exercises on one day was too much for me. After ~8 exercises I couldn't really focus anymore. But the logic behind it was great I think.
Recently I watched some Paul Carter stuff and in his opinion bro split is as effective as lower splits with higher frequency when volume is equated. But in one podcast he recommened only 4-6 sets for one bodypart/week and that seems really low to me, even though in JPs FB it's even lower for some bodyparts.

So long story short, I don't know what to do 😁
I can attach pictures, too, if that's helpful. I don't know if it's ok in here or if I should post a new thread for this :)

Thebiggestdumbass

Captain Dumbass 🦸
Reaction score
JPs upper lower split is a great place to start after the fullbody. I’ve been on it for a few months and enjoy it.

RIR is branded for new lifters but no new lifter is capable of doing it properly. As you lift more your definition of failure changes as well. Simple is better

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Would you diet further down?
NO. Because you said.
I have very little muscle mass

too much information these days
stop consuming information. decide what you will do and do that.

I don't know what to do

do this for 6 months exactly as written and report back.

create a log. record your daily training and nutrition, we can follow along and help you

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sure it's a great program but tbh it looks extremely boring and not fun. But basically you recommend fullbody 3/week?

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Post a current photo here in this thread. Since you're asking for advice here might as well cover all we need to know in one place.

Reaction score
Ok, here we go:

Attachments

• front_bauch.jpg
    front_bauch.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20230318012924.jpg
    IMG20230318012924.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
  • seite_bauch.jpg
    seite_bauch.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 9

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Always love the current photo requests. Have no relivence outside of pm for my money. Like posting a pic of your woman's pussy. Sure everyone will look at it. Sure some may play with themselves while they look at it. Even your pic for that matter. But no real help comes from it.
In the most manly way great pic. You look in shape.
Think I would put my money on a turkey sw if I were you. He doesn't normally stray that from his nest. He likes you enough to chat. Check out his log in training log. Ton of great info there.
For the record he is also very down to earth and will give you some of what little time he has. He is often on the front page chatting on loud speaker or what ever it is. Chat there. Andrew gen hangs out there too. I call him the nutrition gem of ug. Only because he pays me to. Ask Andrew about diet tips. He has all the answers.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sure it's a great program but tbh it looks extremely boring and not fun. But basically you recommend fullbody 3/week?
Do it right and it will kick your ass so bad. Don’t knock it til you try it

Reaction score
Make a plan and stick to it. Give it two weeks and make small adjustments. But be consistent. Don't change a whole lot of variables.

Look at you bodybuilding as a science project. Control what you can but also be accountable. If you binge then document that and see what happens. Once you start omitting information you cannot truly identify what the cause and effect is.

New Threads