Hey everyone

Reaction score
Hello, I have been quite active with aerobics and a bit of ice skating for several years, but I am really new to strength training.
I will see what I might end up doing, but I have tried out a few exercises with light weights (squats and bench press, mostly), and it has been fun so far. ^-^
I am looking forward to getting into this for real in the near future.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

Reaction score
Welcome
I am really new to strength training.
Early on, you can make the most progress by prioritizing (increasing) protein intake and running a relatively basic template. I recommend Phraks Greyskull LP:
6d300932adf00348302dee9db7e5aacc1a0978c4.jpeg

I'm going to make an assumption that you are female based on username?
Add in some direct glute work after Squats, and add in some direct hamstring work after Deadlifts (just a few sets of each, 6-12 reps).

If not female - add in direct biceps work after every session (just a few sets, 6-12 reps).

Post a training log if you really want to get into this - folks here would love to help.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Hi. Andrew beat me to it as usual.

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.
One reason why I have decided to switch from ice skating to a bit of strength training lately is because I am currently 30 weeks pregnant, and my doctor has advised me to avoid skating for now, and also recommended some light strength training.
I have been advised to do squats, as long as it feels good and as long as I keep it on a very manageable level, and as long as I am careful with the weights.

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.
One reason why I have decided to switch from ice skating to a bit of strength training lately is because I am currently 30 weeks pregnant, and my doctor has advised me to avoid skating for now, and also recommended some light strength training.
I have been advised to do squats, as long as it feels good and as long as I keep it on a very manageable level, and as long as I am careful with the weights.
Welcome to UGBB.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Hello, I have been quite active with aerobics and a bit of ice skating for several years, but I am really new to strength training.
I will see what I might end up doing, but I have tried out a few exercises with light weights (squats and bench press, mostly), and it has been fun so far. ^-^
I am looking forward to getting into this for real in the near future.
Welcome to the underground
Lots of good information here!!

New Threads