Hi there, older guy who recently got into powerlifting and now has low test......

Reaction score
Hello UGBB community.

I guess I am a nerd first and lifter second, which is why I like content from BBM and VigorousSteve.

I am 44 years old and have trained on/off over the years. I was never really into bodybuilding style of training, always preferred focusing on the big four (including OHP). Made some decent progress when I got kinda serious about it in my late 20s, but tried to follow the SS model too strictly for too long and just kept injuring myself. Got into tennis after about 2 years of that though, so stopped training seriously.

I have a herniated L5/S1 since 2010. Doctors wanted to perform surgery to remove a bit of the disc. I never did it.
So, I focused on yoga for a few years and then started trained (overcautiously) until I started to use BBM coaching. I have been training using powerlifting programming for 2 years now.

I competed in my first powerlifting meet. I am enjoying the journey as an older, smaller (75 kg class for now) powerlifter who absolutely has no desire to get fat.

I have always wondered about PEDs, but I have never tried anything. I never did bloodwork much, so I have no idea what my test levels were in my 20s and 30s, but I was 500 last year and tested at 357 in April.
I then decided to follow VigorousSteve's half-natty protocol, at least with the over the counter stuff.
I tested again after 4 weeks of that, test went up to 570, free only went up 2 points from 7 to 9, estrogen was at 20.
Felt much better until I got COVID 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, I am very strongly considering getting on TRT and doing low-dose anavar (5 mg per day) and that being the most I will venture into PEDs.

Before that, I will keep running this half-natty protocol and get bloodwork again in September.

In the meantime, I want to switch from oral to injectable L-carnitine.
Would it be inappropriate to ask here for recommendations on sources for this?
I would prefer 500 mg/mL and plan to inject SQ. Maybe that would require two injections of .5 mL? I haven't researched that just yet.

Nice to meet you.

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
Welcome
I can't speak to the L-carnitine, however I can say for 44 and natural with no history of PEDs it seems like your test is in pretty decent shape.
I got tested at 27 with right around 300 and at 29 right around 300 for a second time.

Good luck!

Edit: how tall are you that you're 75kg and looking into PEDs?

iGone

The Reporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm a measly 5'8"
I'm a whopping 5'6 myself and I'm right around that weight also.
Also I misread a bit and didn't notice you reatested at 370 in April.
Trt for me personally made a huge impact on my day to day.
Energy, libido, sleep, mood, the list goes on.
You may find that trt alone will give you the boost and a new normal you were looking for.

Reaction score
Younger buck here myself, but at your age, I'd say TRT makes sense as a general recommendation. Given your athletic endeavors, that's even more of a reason to do it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Howdy
Might I be so bold as to suggest the newest line of supplements and scientific breakthroughs of this .. nay I say ANY century ,,,,,

Thats right my friend I'm talking to you about Cybergenics !!

Tired of seeing those big strong guys at the beach get all the cute girls ?? Tired of sitting at home on Saturday night when all your friends are going to the Sock Hop ??

You know you are !,, I know you are ! ,,, Our studio audience at home knows you are !!!

That why you need Cybergenics today !!! Why settle for gainz in a gym when you can buy Gainz in a box !!!

cybergenics (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Howdy
Might I be so bold as to suggest the newest line of supplements and scientific breakthroughs of this .. nay I say ANY century ,,,,,

Thats right my friend I'm talking to you about Cybergenics !!

Tired of seeing those big strong guys at the beach get all the cute girls ?? Tired of sitting at home on Saturday night when all your friends are going to the Sock Hop ??

You know you are !,, I know you are ! ,,, Our studio audience at home knows you are !!!

That why you need Cybergenics today !!! Why settle for gainz in a gym when you can buy Gainz in a box !!!

View attachment 23800
I remember that shit, lol

New Threads