Home gas prices wtf

buck

Reaction score
yes consumers spent more, but bought less. That’s not a positive.
Adjusted for inflation spending was still up. And discretionary spending was up last i looked a couple months ago. Although the media makes it sound different. But salaries went up for the lower paid people pretty close to the inflation rate. And once inflation is lower they will still be better off.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
Adjusted for inflation spending was still up. And discretionary spending was up last i looked a couple months ago. Although the media makes it sound different. But salaries went up for the lower paid people pretty close to the inflation rate. And once inflation is lower they will still be better off.

i’m kind of surprised you believe the cpi numbers the government puts out. Real price increases are twice that. so no, wages are not going up as fast as inflation.

buck

Reaction score
i’m kind of surprised you believe the cpi numbers the government puts out. Real price increases are twice that. so no, wages are not going up as fast as inflation.
You did not read my post correctly. Please reread it. I said for the lowest paid people. I use the same numbers as my guidelines year after year for a reference point as changing where i choose to view numbers to make myself feel better so i can prove my point is not accurate or fair as i see it.
All data has errors.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
You did not read my post correctly. Please reread it. I said for the lowest paid people. I use the same numbers as my guidelines year after year for a reference point as changing where i choose to view numbers to make myself feel better so i can prove my point is not accurate or fair as i see it.
All data has errors.

sorry about that. you’ll have excuse my ADHD. I’m unmedicated and refused to take that poison. I appreciate the discussion and i’ll try to be more focused.

buck

Reaction score
sorry about that. you’ll have excuse my ADHD. I’m unmedicated and refused to take that poison. I appreciate the discussion and i’ll try to be more focused.
Thank you for that reply. It was very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Not going to get any better either! Bit of a joke when there is more gas out in the North Sea than we can even use... Not even a shortage of it.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score

“U.S. consumer spending posts second straight monthly decline; inflation cooling”

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
“U.S. consumer spending posts second straight monthly decline; inflation cooling”

Yeah hahaha when my wallet and bills see that ill believe it…

buck

Reaction score

Yes i saw that. I look at CPI as well as PCE PPI . I tend to look towards the future myself. so the prices manufacturers pay and sell at is likely to be the trend i will see in the months ahead. And those prices started dropping a few months back.
Yeah hahaha when my wallet and bills see that ill believe it…
I track my spending and i spent more then what inflation went up last year. But i bought myself more things. How i spend my money is not necessarily a reflection on what society is doing.

New Threads