How many people work from home?

Reaction score
Just curious, as I work from home and have a small workout area we built for our son for Christmas last year. It makes things easy I suppose.

Reaction score
I work form an office full time, but have a side business that I run from home in the evenings and weekends. The entire office worked from home during the first two months of "two weeks to slow the spread" and I couldn't handle it. I much prefer the office.

Reaction score
I work from home. It's good for me- less travel time, closer to gym, have to eat my own food from home, don't have to look at my stupid coworkers

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I worked from mostly home from 2007 until 2012. I quit that job when they mandated that there would be no more virtual office, and they made my "home office" 63 miles, one-way, from where I lived. Yeah, that's a hard pass UNLESS you are giving me a raise for the wear and tear on my car... They didn't and I quit.

I did some remote consulting in late 2021 to early 2022 and that was good until it wasn't. Basically my last contract talked me down on my rate, which I reluctantly agreed to. Then, when they sent the contract over, they gave themselves an additional 20% discount on top of what we already agreed to. I told them there was no way in hell I would sign that contract, then they they tried to go back to the original rate they negotiated me down to. I was like, NOPE, full price now buddy for wasting my time. Take it or leave it, and I really hope you leave it because I do not want to work with you any longer.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I am 100% work from home.... Aside from business travel where I have to meet with staff, vendors or clients; which is roughly 8-10 weeks at random points throughout the year.

I enjoy work from home; I'm not the type of person that uses work to socialize or have an overwhelming need to see people in person. I'm more productive and I don't lose any time due to commuting. Saves money too.

Btcowboy

Reaction score
100% from home a week here and there on site.

Love it

Reaction score
Work from home full time.
I manage 200 firewalls around the world for a global company.
I dont need to go into an office.
I do have an office at headquarters. But when Im there, Im on my own anyways in a closed office.
Same as being at home. I have no one at work I like or socialize with. The 500.00 a month I save in state taxes from not having to go in (I live out of state), and the 200.00 a month is gas savings, is a huge benefit as well.

New Threads