How many rest days do you take per week for recovery?

Reaction score
No rest days. I am always active for at least an hour every day. I get a hard sweat doing something even on my off days. It works for me.

Reaction score
Currently on Fortitude Training programme: 4 days training per week (each body part 3 times) for 3 weeks, then a week with just 2 workouts (drop volume not intensity). Walking the dog for cardio each day.

Reaction score
We all know when you get into a routine it’s sucks to have to take rest days. We also know though it’s something that must be done to grow properly. So how many rest days do you take per week? How many days do you workout in a row before you take a rest day?
When I was younger I trained five days a week. Someone had to die or a real family emergency for me not to.
Fast forward to now. I train 4 days a week usaually
Mon
Tues
Thurs
Fri.
If I miss a day because of work/family, then I miss a day. It’s hard to get over mentally but as you get older and realize if you miss a day of training you are not doing your body any harm.
As far as rest day go. Train until you feel you need a break. I have gone 7 days a week for many years on and off. I never had a problem with recovering. All that did was make my training more like a little bit off a cardio session mixed with weightlifting. Never noticed a difference.
What I do. Price now that when I train fest in sun or mon. When I train shoulders on thrus or Fri. By sat I definitely need a recover day to get my shoulder joints feeling healthy again.
I feel healthier now training 3-4 days a week now. Sometime when I am really geared up I will go five days a week. As a matter of fact I trained yesterday wich was Fri and I feel like training today. But family obligations.✌️

Reaction score
We all know when you get into a routine it’s sucks to have to take rest days. We also know though it’s something that must be done to grow properly. So how many rest days do you take per week? How many days do you workout in a row before you take a rest day?
I typically only take 1 rest day a week and that is mostly just because I love being in the gym. I'm also young and get plenty of sleep with a great diet so recovery isn't really my biggest concern.

I did however start incorporating heavy deads again and sometimes find myself taking an extra day off just to ensure my lower back is fully recovered before another brutal leg day.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Rest days when needed. Usually averages out to 3 every 2 weeks.

GSgator

Reaction score
When I was training hard with weights it was usually 3-4 days a week I would train Mon,Wed,Fri and Sat. The Saturday training day was based off of how I felt and it was usually focused on hitting a lagging part I already worked out during the week.

My training these days I’m doing something everyday . I have a morning strength/cardio circuit 30min tops and after work is jujitsu. Saturdays and Sundays are cardio and should be a lot more stretching.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
While I was running Revolving PPL I was resting Sundays. But still might go in for cardio and abs. Rather than true rest days I preferred to push hard and just deload when I needed to.

Now on my coaches plan I got 2 rest days doing modified bro splits kinda.

I felt better on PPL

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
I train 2x a day every day. I might have a day or 2 within a 2 week span that life gets in the way though so I might rest once a week or something similar

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
I'm retired with no responsibilities to speak of so I enjoy getting out of the house and going to the gym. I recently increased frequency and spread the volume out in order to create more gym days. I can't do legs due to arthritic knees but I do a rotation like this, but not necessarily these specific days.
M-W-F - Chest, Back, Arms
T-Th - Shoulders, traps

I'll generally do just 2 exercises per body part per w/o for a total of 5-6 working sets per body part. And I'll mix up the exercises so that I won't necessarily do the same exercise twice in a week, and I'll mix up the weights and reps so that I don't lift too heavy too often.

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
I train 3 days/week and do some type of active recovery on my off days. This is usually walking, light stretching and occasionally hi rep work with bands or reverse hypers. If I’m feeling really run down I will take an entire week off and just eat and sleep.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Great Westside like Conjugate routine!
That's exactly what I'm using. When I met Trend and the guys here I was using Juggernauts AI , it was ok but I was spinning my wheels a lot with not much progress. Trend sent me the template for West Side and helped me understand how to set up and different variations and that was it. I've been hooked ever since. Love it. Learned more since I've been here and made more progress than I could of ever on my own.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Funny, I modified the Juggernaut one a bit and will be trying it starting this week.
Just for something different. And to build back up again to try for some new PR's.
Ive done Conjugate and 5/3/1 and enjoyed them as well...

Be_A_Hero

Reaction score
For me it's
Max Effort Lower - Monday
Pump Sets - Tuesday
Max Effort Upper Wednesday
Pump Sets - Thursday
Dynamic Effort Lower - Friday
Dynamic Effort Upper - Saturday
Sunday is just cardio in the morning.
I may use this I’ve been dabbling in westside type stuff but I might just go all the way

Reaction score
I 'm not great with exact scheduling but it usually works out to be 2 days off--but not necessarily the same days.

Reaction score
If I am up and down ladders cleaning windows for 6 hrs I suppose I cant really call that a rest day. I suppose I should just go out and lift and when I have big days like this alternate every other day off.

New Threads