How to transition from cutting to bulking

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been lurking on ugbodybuilding for a while, learning from old threads but I have a question for the community.

I have been cutting for 4 months. After a LGD-4033 and MK-677 stacked bulk I was 205lbs. I’m 5’9” so that was a bit hefty. I am currently at 185 and planning to stop my cut around 175-180.

What is the best way to end a cut and transition to a bulking cycle again? I’m currently eating about 1700cals (final push) and targeting >150g protein per day.

Thanks in advance, I’ve already learned so much from everyone.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest a period of maintenance before jumping back into a bulk. Maintenance can actually be super challenging for some dudes, but it's an incredibly useful skill to build.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
What Today said. Insert a 4-6 week maintenance period in-between. It helps reduce fat gain when transitioning to a bulk, and muscle loss when transitioning to a cut.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Well first off you need to up your protein to atleast 1-1.5 g per lb.
I’ll go against the grain and say you don’t need to really wait to increase cals.
The only time I recommend really holding maintenance calories is from a bulk to cut. Just up them progressively around 200-400 every 2weeks. As you gain weight up your protein.
I will makes a suggestion to base your maintenance calories off of your estimated lean body mass not scale weight.

New Threads