Howdy

Reaction score
I just realized i didnt intoduce myself. I spend lots of time online (programmer) and am so accustomed to just reading and not participating since geek forums are often “just the info”. Suddenly as i am reading in here, this seems to be more of an “intentional virtual community” where folks actually engage. So, thats an adjustment.

I am an old guy, 54. I weigh 250lbs. Bad back, hip replacement, knees about to replaced. Still fighting through somehow, though lifting with less freq atm.

Da Story …
I was one of them crossfitters for about 15 years, and just did loads of oly lifting. I ended up having someone involve me in a motorcycle accident, blowing out my back. So age, accidents and attrition all conspired to make me slow down on the training and comp thing. I finally ended up just making a gym in my garage, working around table saws and garbage cans, with a nice lifting platform at the center of the madness.

During COVID i got heavy into hypertrophy. Moving from oly lifts to more hypertrophy and power lifting was kinda cool.

Eventually my hip gave out, had it replaced. Was told i can only squat my weight or below from now on.

So am now trying to figure out the next way forward.

I dont like gyms, my garage is great. I row and stationary bike a lot, but there is more and more dust on my plates and bench anymore.

For me, am reading whatever i can to find info on how to go into this old man shit as best i can. I feel that weight and muscle was cool, as long as i was working out everyday. But now, i feel like i need to shed some of that. As a crossfitter, diet was often irrelevant, i could burn anything off, after a good lifting session and some burpees and box jumps. But now it seems diet is critical for me… am working on that discipline.

Well… that prolly good fer now.
Thanks for being here and lettin me listen in and learn and mouth off. :)

Reaction score
Ya know, nevermind.
This aint the place for me.

Onward. Have fun out there.
I am out.