I want to learn all about DC training.

Reaction score
To skip to my actual questions and avoid the backstory feel free to go to Query: highlighted in bold below. Thanks.

Hey, I was hoping to start a thread about DC training and ask questions and hopefully get some guidance. I have been wanting to try it for some time. I am currently doing Fortitude training by Dr. Scott Stevenson and am in the middle of the Tier II portion of that program. I bought a copy of his program and read through it thoroughly. I wasn't sure how to design the four day a week plan with exercises so I found a copy of his "Virgin Voyage" which has templates laid out with specific exercises to do on all training days. The Virgin Voyage PDF file is five times more expensive than his Fortitude book. But with some digging around online anyone can forego the costly expense.

At first I enjoyed cutting back from working out six days a week (implementing programs like Project Colossus from the late John Meadows) to four. But I am left wondering if I am not doing the program correctly or if getting to the point of overtraining as I move up in tiers. I get so tired and literally need naps after my workouts. And after doing the loading workouts (heavy weight days) on leg days I am having so much trouble walking up and down stairs. It's not a good soreness but a pain in the tendons above my knees. With Stevenson's program you're working muscle groups three times a week. For example, legs are worked heavy in the rep range of 6-12 on Monday. Then on Tuesday you focus on working upper body with heavy reps in the 6-12 range. But then you train legs again with lighter weight in the 15-25 rep range. Wednesday you have off and then you do Stevenson's muscle rounds for legs on Thursday. So, in other words, you've trained your legs twice in approximately 24 hours (Monday and Tuesday) and overall for a total of three times in only 96 hours (Mon/Tues/Thurs). It's just too much volume in such a short amount of time. Or at least it is for me. I started this program while not on a cycle. I'm just on my HRT dose of 200mg of test weekly. I think I held onto my gains after finishing up a light cycle 450mg of test with 25

Query:
I've been reading about DC training and wanted to give this program a go for quite some time. Now I'm ready as I am not really happy with Scott Stevenson's Fortitude program. I wanted to ask some specific questions about DC training the hopes of getting answers from those of you here who know how to do the program. I found this PDF file I'm attaching to my post to be pretty straight forward. It makes it clear which sets are done in rest-pause fashion while others are straight sets. Something I found to be a bit confusing and not all that well explained in several PDF files I've looked over.

I'm going to start another cycle and it will be the heftiest cycle I've done in the last three years; somewhere in the 700-900mg weekly range. Assuming my bloodwork looks good and this old dog is able to handle it, should I try to take advantage of the situation by doing a slightly more advanced version of DC training? For example, I have seen some big guys do two instead of one exercise per body part. And if so can anyone direct me toward templates or reputable online sources that explain this in detail? I'm not asking for everything to be handed to me. I've been trying to do my homework but there is so much to learn and I am hoping to acquire this information as quickly as possible. I just started following Dante Trudell on instagram and am learning a ton. I'm a bit embarrassed that I never heard of him until I came to this forum (and I've been working out for over thirty years!).

In addition to any websites, is there anyone on social media that clearly explains the more intermediate and advanced DC protocols that you think is worth one's time? I found Dusty Hanshaw who seems very knowledgeable when it comes to advanced DC training: Dusty Hanshaw

I could be wrong but I have a feeling DC training is going to be a game changer for me and I'm looking forward to giving it my all in the gym. I'll have more questions to post here later on and hope to continue to get good input, thanks.

Attachments

• DoggCrapp-Workout.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 28

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting two grams of protein per pound of bodyweight as per the Doggcrapp protein intake guidelines. I'm 225 so I should be eating 450g of protein a day. Dang. Yesterday I got in 357g of protein. Has anyone noticed a difference from increasing their protein intake? Previously I was doing just one gram per pound of bodyweight. Ugh, my grocery bill is going to double!

The things we do for gainz....

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting two grams of protein per pound of bodyweight as per the Doggcrapp protein intake guidelines. I'm 225 so I should be eating 450g of protein a day. Dang. Yesterday I got in 357g of protein. Has anyone noticed a difference from increasing their protein intake? Previously I was doing just one gram per pound of bodyweight. Ugh, my grocery bill is going to double!

The things we do for gainz....
I personally wouldn't do 2 grams per pound, as I feel it's unnecessary, but if you want to hit that number, I'd suggest either protein shakes to supplement, and/or easily digestible proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, and fish.

And take a couple of weeks to build up to that amount. It'll be tough making that jump all at once.

Reaction score
That's pretty much what I
I personally wouldn't do 2 grams per pound, as I feel it's unnecessary, but if you want to hit that number, I'd suggest either protein shakes to supplement, and/or easily digestible proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, and fish.

And take a couple of weeks to build up to that amount. It'll be tough making that jump all at once.
That's pretty much what I've been doing. Today and yesterday I ate 376g of protein today so that works out to be about 1.6g of protein per pound. Been eating egg whites, Greek yogurt, steak, sardines, chicken and got approximately 100g of my daily protein from unflavored whey protein powder.

Reaction score

chickens by far easiest way to hit 450 imo. easy on stomach, cheap, very concentrated

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes but if I'm doing a lot that way sucks because you gotta put a lot of water and it hurts ur stomach
I couldn't do it. Maybe really shredded, mixed with rice in bone broth, is the closest I think I could get to that.

Reaction score
Haven't been on the site for a bit cuz I've been very busy with life. Just wanted to provide my feedback on this program and the diet.

DC Training: Dang! I'm really loving it! The amount of volume and frequency and the variation in exercises couldn't be more perfect. It's been about five weeks, give or take, and I'm going up in strength or reps every workout. I have tried so many other workouts (PHAT, Fortitude, 5x5, German Volume Training) and I have never consistently gone up in weight or reps the way I am doing with DC Training.

I say this half-jokingly, but I'm kinda pissed with myself for not learning about this type of training when it first came out over twenty years ago. I don't know how I missed it. I can't help but think what I could have achieved bodybuilding-wise had I been able to do this workout back in my thirties. I still look pretty decent for someone in his early fifties and I'm liking the way my body is coming along. Oh well, better late than never.

Diet: I'm not getting two grams of protein per pound of body weight but I'm getting around 1.6-1.7. I tried upping my Greek yogurt and whey protein and found that I have "near accident" type of urgent bathroom visits. At least I think that's what's going on because prior to eating this much food I didn't have this issue. So I gotta watch the dairy.

I was eating chicken thighs in the past because they were less dry tasting. I'd cook them up in my Instant Pot but decided to go back to chicken breast. Even after trimming off all the visible fat before cooking the thighs, there was so much fat in the water in the Instant Pot after cooking them up. I'd try to skim off the fat but I could tell there was some still left. So I went back to chicken breasts and found a way to make it more palatable:

Before cooking the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot I chop them up a little bit to make them more manageable. I place them in some water in the pot with some spices. And after they're done cooking (I set my timer for "0" minutes and do a slow release) I then take out a portion and use a large kitchen knife to mince it up to the point that when I mix it into my "bucket" of rice you almost can't see the chicken. Then I add one cup of chicken bone broth (1c has 9g of protein) which makes it soupy and super easy to shovel it all down. When I'm really good, I throw in some thawed frozen spinach to get some greens.

After reading and watching videos of bodybuilders pushing red meat almost exclusively for animal protein it's good to see guys here recommend chicken/turkey ad fish. I like red meat but don't want it for every meal. I tried eating 8oz daily split over two meals and I felt kinda crappy. Four ounces a day with 1c of beef bone broth is about all I can take in one day.

Been on my cycle 500mg test, 300mg tren and 300mg masteron a week and I'm now up to 235. I know it's not what Dante recommends but I'm doing brisk walking everyday 30-40 minutes on workout days and 50-70 minutes on the four days off from the gym. I just go for walks around my hood. Usually split up into two or three walks. One could argue that my strength increases are the result of being back on a cycle but I've done about three cycles over the past two and a half years and my strength has never gone up so consistently like this in the past.

And in case anyone was wondering, I am only taking the masteron because it was included in a mix with test and tren. After doing the math it wound up being cheaper than buying test P and tren A separately. Since it's anti-estrogenic I'm hoping it is helping to some degree with any test that aromatizes. I will get some blood work shortly to see how my estrogen levels are doing.

New Threads