I'm a fan of Putin

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Context is important. The statement "fairness doesn't exist" is true in certain contexts, but as an absolute statement, it is absurd. Of course fairness exists. If people only cared about the end result then no one would watch the games, they would just lookup the score when it's over. People enjoy competition. Competition is human nature, it's in our genes, that's why people like sports. Fairness isn't necessary for people to enjoy sport, but it is necessary for sport to be profitable.
The end result is what people see on the day. That is the end result of everything the competitors put into it.
The competition is where we witness the end result.
You watch to see who wins.
Are you dumb or willfully obtuse.
Fairness is nonsense.
when they cracked down on steroid usage in the mlb they also hurt the ratings.
What’s absurd is looking at sports as anything more than simply entertainment

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Excitement and entertainment is the only thing necessary for a sport to be popular

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
rules aren’t made for fairness they’re made to codify the game.
Without the rules anything goes and then it becomes something else entirely.
The rules what make the game.
They’re also there as safety measures but it’s not a damn thing to do with fairness

buck

Reaction score
If I give you the appearance of having a say so, (but with no real say so) it is easier for me to control you than if I tell you flat out that you have no say. As long as I can keep you believing you have a say so in elections, giving you the choice between two cartoon characters to choose from (both of whom I pull the strings for), and as long as I can keep you paying your taxes (and feeling grateful for the opportunity to do so) we can all get along just fine.

There is a reason Big Pharma pays millions and millions of dollars to politicians (of both parties). It is cost effective. The payouts for that investment are in the billions and billions. There is a reason that Boeing and the military industrial complex pays millions of dollars. Their payoff is in the billions.

You really think your little vote can compete with that?
The voter can mark what ever box on the ballot that he chooses. Where a person chooses to get his information is also a choice. Their are far right , far left and more moderate sources that people can choose to peruse. But those on the right and left continue to vote for the same people no matter how little good either side does. Independent and/or moderates decide who will be elected. Humans by nature are lazy and self centered as i see it that is why we have survived. So they vote for who promises them the most. Always been that way. Way before there was media. Getting something easy and soon looks better to people then doing what is best and working for it. But over my life time it seems that people have had better lifestyles in general so the lousy imperfect system is improving peoples lives no matter how many times a day they choose to read negative stories on the internet. If i really wanted to see improvement i would get off my ass and actually start to do something to make things better. Because complaining on the internet doesn't change a thing. But i tend to be lazy and self serving as the majority. But for many election cycles now i have choose to vote against incumbents so there is little chance of change while voting the same person back in as well as voting for a third party candidate so that all the power is not in the hands of 2 groups that are more alike then they are different. A third party would force more compromise as opposed to the pendulum just swinging back and forth. But i expect most people will do what the have been doing and then just complain about how things don't change.

Reaction score
when they cracked down on steroid usage in the mlb they also hurt the ratings.

Banning PEDs had nothing to do with fairness.

I'm not talking about PEDs when I refer to fairness in sports. Imagine a world where your favorite team always started every game with a 5 run disadvantage. You would get bored and pretty soon stop supporting them. The team would become unprofitable. PED usage isn't unfair, as long as both sides have them available.

Sports are more than entertainment. Spectator sports generate billions of dollars in ad and licensing revenue. There are people who benefit from sports who have no interest in the actual game at all. And there are people that compete privately and recreationally that also require fair conditions to enjoy the game.

Hughinn

Reaction score
Politicians are bought but they are elected. Unless you are saying there is a vast undercover network that is secretly removing all the votes cast and replenishing those with their forged ballots. If the sheep, i mean voters vote for them, that is not the politicians fault. Just means they are smatter and are getting their way. I guess i am weird as i chose to be where i live and do what i choose to do. As i am not a helpless victim. My life is pretty good and easy. If it wasn't i would choose different.

Sorry Buck, but if you still think we can vote ourselves out of this mess or that all of our elections are 'free and fair' and legitimate, then your just like those people @Test_subject was talking about

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Banning PEDs had nothing to do with fairness.

I'm not talking about PEDs when I refer to fairness in sports. Imagine a world where your favorite team always started every game with a 5 run disadvantage. You would get bored and pretty soon stop supporting them. The team would become unprofitable. PED usage isn't unfair, as long as both sides have them available.

Sports are more than entertainment. Spectator sports generate billions of dollars in ad and licensing revenue. There are people who benefit from sports who have no interest in the actual game at all. And there are people that compete privately and recreationally that also require fair conditions to enjoy the game.
No they’re literally one of the oldest forms of entertainment. Movies, music, etc are all multibillion dollar industries it doesn’t make them something they’re not.
I guess you are truly that stupid

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
The rules codify the fucking game they have nothing to do with fairness.
It’s literally what makes the game the game. Oh and safety 😂

Reaction score
The rules codify the fucking game they have nothing to do with fairness.

Every time I point out how wrong you are you change the subject and try to insult me 🤣 When did this become a discussion about "the rules." What are you even replying to? Just keep moving the goalposts and using ad hominems to demonstrate your clearly superior intelligence 🤣

Hughinn

Reaction score
EVERY election cycle in the US, whoever loses claims election fraud and whoever wins calls the other side conspiracy theorists. When Trump lost it was because the election was rigged. When Hillary lost it was because of Russian collusion. It a big country with a lot of people, so it's foolish to believe that there is no election fraud, but there is ZERO evidence to indicate that it is at a level sufficient enough to actually sway the results. That is theory, not empirical fact. The continued accusations of election fraud only serve to delegitimize our election process.

That said, the president is not democratically elected in this country anyway. Your representatives in congress and your governors are democratically elected, but the president isn't and never has been. You vote for an electoral college, not for a president.

Lol 🤣

Dude, if you really think our elections nowadays are not largely predetermined and outcomes completely up for sale, then I've a bridge to sell you

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Every time I point out how wrong you are you change the subject and try to insult me 🤣 When did this become a discussion about "the rules." What are you even replying to? Just keep moving the goalposts and using ad hominems to demonstrate your clearly superior intelligence 🤣
Nah youre just too dumb to keep up. This is about fairness and you brought up rules. You haven’t pointed anything except what you don’t understand. You even said sports were more than a form of entertainment.
I’m calling you dumb because it’s what I’m observing.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I’m simply responding to retards points he’s failing to make but retard doesn’t comprehend it

Reaction score
Lol

Dude, if you really think our elections nowadays are not largely predetermined and outcomes completely up for sale, then I've a bridge to sell you

What I “think” is irrelevant. What you “think” is irrelevant. All that matters is what you can prove.

Opinions aren’t actionable, and I am agnostic on the subject of election fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You know who the winners are? The ones who exploit the rules and push them as far as they can.
That’s in life, sports, business or anything else.

Well there’s some common ground. At least we can agree on that.

Hughinn

Reaction score
What I “think” is irrelevant. What you “think” is irrelevant. All that matters is what you can prove.

Opinions aren’t actionable, and I am agnostic on the subject of election fraud.

Oh, well, my mistake then Mr. Agnostic.

I thought you were the guy that said this :
"The continued accusations of election fraud only serve to delegitimize our election process"

Implying that our election process is somehow legitimate and our political process not fully controlled by wealthy monetary interests.

Swiper.

Elite
Reaction score
I'm 5'9" tall. I don't think it's fair that NBA basketball players are 6'5" or more. People who are 6'5" have an unfair advantage. It's not fair!

I would like reparations! This unfairness is historical and systemic in the sport!

it’s also not fair that your biceps are bigger than your head.

Reaction score
Oh, well, my mistake then Mr. Agnostic.

I thought you were the guy that said this :
"The continued accusations of election fraud only serve to delegitimize our election process"

Implying that our election process is somehow legitimate and our political process not fully controlled by wealthy monetary interests.

I was opining on the accusations themselves, not on their validity. They may or not be valid, there is no proof either way.

Hughinn

Reaction score
I was opining on the accusations themselves, not on their validity. They may or not be valid, there is no proof either way.

You're suggesting that one cannot find any proof that our political process is fully controlled by wealthy monetary interests?

😂

About that bridge again!

New Threads