Jamal Browner pulls 900 x 5!

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Right on ! , I had just watched this yesterday , has all 3 of his lifts from the showdown.

quackattack

Reaction score
Absolutely Insane. I've never heard of this guy.

What is the current raw record in deadlift?

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Benedict Magnusson 1015. That was done in a deadlift only meet. I'm not sure who has the full meet WR for raw but my guess would be either Yuri Belkin or Cailer Woolham. Equipped it is Andy Bolton done about 15 years ago with 1008. This was done after squatting 1200 and benching 700+.

I remember a time not too long ago when I could count the number of official 900lb deadlifters on two hands. That was going to back to the dawn of the sport. Jamal has incredible leverages obviously but the speed with which he pulled that first rep is just insane.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I Really should learn how to pull sumo, but my pride just wont let me.

Trendkill

Reaction score
I've never understood this. Use whichever stance allows you to lift the most. End of story. Nobody ever said a thing about sumo when Coan pulled 903. This has somehow crept up over the last 20 years. I know you say this somewhat jokingly. It's funny that no one ever talks about using a wide grip on the bench or squatting wide. Just deadlifting. Ok stepping off my soapbox now.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I've never understood this. Use whichever stance allows you to lift the most. End of story. Nobody ever said a thing about sumo when Coan pulled 903. This has somehow crept up over the last 20 years. I know you say this somewhat jokingly. It's funny that no one ever talks about using a wide grip on the bench or squatting wide. Just deadlifting. Ok stepping off my soapbox now.
This was 60% a bait directed at you. Gotcha.

I actually don't care. It's just funny to be in the "sumo, so it doesn't count" camp. I'm fairly confident, based in my proportions I would pull more sumo, however I've only drilled it a couple times and isn't nearly as refined as my conventional, that and conventional just feels more stable to me.

When it's time for me to take it serious and get my eye on the platform, one of the first things I'm doing is putting time into sumo.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Trendkill

Reaction score
This was 60% a bait directed at you. Gotcha.
It's all good. I smelled the bait, knew it was bait and still took it hook, line and sinker. Just lift big weight. End of debate!

Reaction score
I was really considering going to watch The Showdown just to see him lift. Ended up having to work late that Friday. Really hated it for him he missed his 1000+ pound pull that day because it's definitely there.

He pulled 1050lbs with straps in the gym awhile back.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've been trying to learn , dude its so ugly lolol but i'll get it.

New Threads