Joint pain and low estrogen

Kraken

Reaction score
I'll read the other, similar, threads, but months ago my labs showed too much estrogen, so I started taking the AI the clinic routinely provided with the test cyp. A few weeks ago I started having some pain in my right elbow, my left ankle and my left shoulder. It didn't start all at once; the ankle is an old injury that comes and goes over years. The elbow was the result of bumping it during a rollar coaster ride and the shoulder, well I can't tie that to anything. It just started several weeks ago and has caused me to reduce my gym time.

Yesterday morning I remembered that my latest labs, maybe 8 or so weeks ago, showed estrogen as not detectable. Is the joint pain I describe something I could attribute to that?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
yes, low estrogen will make your joints feel like they are fragile and painful. For me, the way I describe it is that my joints feel like they're made out of thin glass when my E2 is too low.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'll read the other, similar, threads, but months ago my labs showed too much estrogen, so I started taking the AI the clinic routinely provided with the test cyp. A few weeks ago I started having some pain in my right elbow, my left ankle and my left shoulder. It didn't start all at once; the ankle is an old injury that comes and goes over years. The elbow was the result of bumping it during a rollar coaster ride and the shoulder, well I can't tie that to anything. It just started several weeks ago and has caused me to reduce my gym time.

Yesterday morning I remembered that my latest labs, maybe 8 or so weeks ago, showed estrogen as not detectable. Is the joint pain I describe something I could attribute to that?

Absolutely.

Same thing happened to me follow the TRT clinic protocol of 1 mg Adex twice per week, with 200 mg Test Cyp.

My elbows felt like there was broken glass in them, no sex drive, it was awful.

Estradiol was undetectable, it read "<5" or something like that.

Fukktard "doctor" didn't say anything, I had to learn this shit on my own, and from others, such as the people here.

Kraken

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys, I'm going to discontinue the AI and call the clinic this week.

Kraken

Reaction score
Gyno is bad enough!

buck

Reaction score
Whats really the downfall of having high Estrogen
Prostate, liver and heart issues. That i have seen reported. How many other things that haven't been studied yet is unknown. I tend you think in general "normal" levels tend to be healthier then high or low for most blood work.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I found your E needs to be bottomed out for a little for the joint issues to surface. That sounds like you've been there for some time so Yes.

I crashed mine once and I just felt so damn tired. That's the symptom I saw right away.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
What does your bloodwork look like?

as others have touched on, low estrogen = bad.

but also something to consider is e2 levels play an important function in endogenous IGF-1 production, so being in the mid/mid-high of the reference range has a fairly potent positive effect on recovery and muscle gain.

Kraken

Reaction score
So in addition to the joint pain I have been fatigued a bit. I just reviewed the lat labs, Jan 3, and Estradiol says "< 25 LOW" and cites a normal range as: 25.8 - 60.7

So in hindsight, I don't really know how low it is, just that its low.

I called the clinic, scheduled a Dr. consult for May 13, which was the soonest they could do it. In the meantime I'll stop the AI. I suppose I could also reduce it by half, but the last time I spoke with the doc he also had me lower the test, so maybe I won't need the AI. I know, more labs.