Lantus for newbies/older guys

Reaction score
Hey all,

Any opinions/experience with using low dose lantis as an additional pathway to leverage for growth in conjunction with low dose anabolic, especially for the 40 plus crowd? I'm a little concerned slamming 400 grams of carbs a day on my first cycle and am wondering if my middle aged pancreas could use a little assist. My fasting insulin in the AM seems to be ranging from mid 80s to high 90s but am wondering if I can keep this up in a 20 week cycle. Lantis seems fairly safe to use, especially at lower doses.

Reaction score
Sure. Everyone jumps to insulin on their first cycle.

One. Thing. At. A. Time.

Repeat that 10,000 times.

Do you know why? You want to learn how to read your own body. If you start having any issues how are you going to know if it’s the testosterone or the insulin?

Reaction score

One. Thing. At. A. Time.

Do you know why? You want to learn how to read your own body. If you start having any issues how are you going to know if it’s the testosterone or the insulin?
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just concerned since diabetes runs in my family and I'm not that young anymore so trying to prevent future issues.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Hey all,

Any opinions/experience with using low dose lantis as an additional pathway to leverage for growth in conjunction with low dose anabolic, especially for the 40 plus crowd? I'm a little concerned slamming 400 grams of carbs a day on my first cycle and am wondering if my middle aged pancreas could use a little assist. My fasting insulin in the AM seems to be ranging from mid 80s to high 90s but am wondering if I can keep this up in a 20 week cycle. Lantis seems fairly safe to use, especially at lower doses.

When BG starts getting up there, what do dictors recomend?
First, dietary changes.
If you cant do that, then a glucose disposal agent such as metformin.
Then move to rapid with a large meal or as a PWO, then Lantus.

But like @BigBaldBeardGuy said, lets not rush this, adding 2 compounds/medications at a time will confuse side effects.

Reaction score
When BG starts getting up there, what do dictors recomend?
First, dietary changes.
If you cant do that, then a glucose disposal agent such as metformin.
Then move to rapid with a large meal or as a PWO, then Lantus.

But like @BigBaldBeardGuy said, lets not rush this, adding 2 compounds/medications at a time will confuse side effects.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm already on metform and I suppose I can try and stick with lower GI carbs such as oats and whole grain pastas to lesson the burden on my pancreas.

buck

Reaction score
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm already on metform and I suppose I can try and stick with lower GI carbs such as oats and whole grain pastas to lesson the burden on my pancreas.
You can switch to a lower GI carb but then you will still be taking in the same amount of carbs per day. So you may not get the result you are hoping for.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
If you're even thinking about using insulin then I'm assuming you know it's not your insulin in the AM that was 80, it was you're blood sugar. Bro, more research and forget about using insulin. Or go ahead and fk yourself up.

Reaction score
If you're even thinking about using insulin then I'm assuming you know it's not your insulin in the AM that was 80, it was you're blood sugar. Bro, more research and forget about using insulin. Or go ahead and fk yourself up.
This guy wants to use everything all at once. On his very first cycle. I think he’s done TOO MUCH research and needs a little perspective.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score

One. Thing. At. A. Time.

This. When you slam your body with a bunch of stuff with no experience you won't know what's doing what or how to manage anything. This is 10x true for something as serious as slin

Reaction score
Thanks all for your advice, I appreciate it. It makes sense to keep things simple, given it's my first cycle. I just thought I can use insulin as a prophylactic tool similar to how folks use anti estrogenic compounds. A low dose long acting seemed safe since there are millions of people using some form of insulin on a daily basis.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thanks all for your advice, I appreciate it. It makes sense to keep things simple, given it's my first cycle. I just thought I can use insulin as a prophylactic tool similar to how folks use anti estrogenic compounds. A low dose long acting seemed safe since there are millions of people using some form of insulin on a daily basis.
Well during this cycle, track your fasting and post prandial glucose readings. And during your pre/during/post cycle bloodwork, add fasting insulin to the markers checked.

Use that information for subsequent cycles and/or general knowledge.

Reaction score
Yea. Those “millions of people” are called diabetics.

Reaction score
Heard and understood...I'll bow my head now in shame for posting this thread. :)

New Threads