Man think I tore my bicep!!!

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
And I missed your last post with the update. Sorry for not reading further. My bad bro.

Adzg

Reaction score
When I had a minor tear in my shoulder if I touched it it felt like someone stabbed me with a knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adzg

Reaction score
I tore mine about 3 years ago on a deadlift, It sucked bad. Ever tried wiping your ass with the opposite hand of the one you’ve used your whole life? It’s harder than it might sound lol. I never had surgery and it still doesn’t look the quiet same as before because it just kind of sits higher up on my arm but it I regained full use of it again within 3-4 months probably. Hopefully you don’t have a complete rupture and it’ll heal like mine did.

Fractured my wrist when I was 15. Had to masturbate with my opposite hand for 10 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonjon

Reaction score
Man I hate to hear that. Get it taken care of quick if you can. My mom has both biceps torn and there’s nothing they can do because it had been too long I guess

Sorry bro

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
And I missed your last post with the update. Sorry for not reading further. My bad bro.
I'm at week 4 since injury, the reason it took so look to get looked at. Workman's comp is handling it, think they delay on purpose, I called and email so many times got crickets from them.
Knowing I have a short window if it was a tear, said fuck and got a lawyer. They did their thing within a week got my MRI. They saw who was going to be my Ortho, told me he's the worse. I did some Google investigating she was right. She found a great Ortho on their approval list. He had a great resume along with being the team Dr for our NHL team here, so I felt better.
Walked in looked at it, said yup that's a rupture. Took a look at the MRI to confirm. Said your obviously train, most time he would recommend PT for a proximal tear. But guys who train or heavy physical work will do surgery.
Told him my shoulder was really acting up where it tore, did his thing moving it around. Painful at shit, might be damage that also. Have to do a MRI on shoulder also, might be a 2 things being fixed.
Oh well could be worse I guess, still alive a kicking!!

Jonjon

Reaction score
Yeah that’s right, you ain’t dead

Didnt Dorian have a similar injury, and go on to win a couple more olympias?

Oldbastard

Reaction score
Hopefully you got health insurance? Go get treatment and proper diagnostic. I tore mine last year and was worried I'd have long 9 month recovering. As I'm old bastard now and can take long time , I got this treatment called " ionthoporesis " not many docs even know it exists so ask , but the doc prescribed a injectable corticosteroid, but NOT for injections! No I brought too physical therapy where they would saturate an electric pad with medication and electrical impulses would send medication directly into a specific muscle . In my case my left bicep. Two weeks healed !! It was incredible. Now I'm just careful and train obsessed over staying healthy

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Hopefully you got health insurance? Go get treatment and proper diagnostic. I tore mine last year and was worried I'd have long 9 month recovering. As I'm old bastard now and can take long time , I got this treatment called " ionthoporesis " not many docs even know it exists so ask , but the doc prescribed a injectable corticosteroid, but NOT for injections! No I brought too physical therapy where they would saturate an electric pad with medication and electrical impulses would send medication directly into a specific muscle . In my case my left bicep. Two weeks healed !! It was incredible. Now I'm just careful and train obsessed over staying healthy
It's a workman's comp injury, took me literally a month to get a MRI. Knowing it's a short window before it becomes permanent, decided to lawyer up.
They got the ball rolling in less than a week, the Orthopedic Work comp we're going to refer me to was awful. Lawyer went thru thier provider list
Picked the best one, did some Google searches get reviews, please the team Dr for our NHL team here.
Said it's was completely ruptured, just did a MRI on shoulder to see if damaged also. Will get surgery date the Friday.
Just want to lift again legs and cardio for now is pretty unsatisfying

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Well surgery tomorrow attached bicep and a torn rotator cup. Guess I'll have alot of posting the next few weeks!! Will take a couple of weeks off the some cardio. Looking at 3 months till slowly hitting the weights

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Well surgery tomorrow attached bicep and a torn rotator cup. Guess I'll have alot of posting the next few weeks!! Will take a couple of weeks off the some cardio. Looking at 3 months till slowly hitting the weights
IMG_20211024_105402280.jpgHere's my life for the next 6 weeks. Reattach bicep and rotator cuff tear.
The worse part is trying to sleep. Right now the lazy boy is the best option for me. Keeping my calories low, it could be so easy to get fat just sit around not doing nothing.
Did try to the gym that in itself was a fuckin hassle. At first try the stationary bike, was too much movement on the arm it was killing me. So just went to the treadmill instead. Now it's no point going to the gym just for treadmill, we'll just walk around the neighborhood have a good pace.
2 weeks the bandages come off, but realistically won't be lifting weights on the right side three or four months

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 14629Here's my life for the next 6 weeks. Reattach bicep and rotator cuff tear.
The worse part is trying to sleep. Right now the lazy boy is the best option for me. Keeping my calories low, it could be so easy to get fat just sit around not doing nothing.
Did drive to the gym that in itself was a fuckin hassle. At first try the stationary bike, was too much movement on the arm it was killing me. So just went to the treadmill instead. Now it's no point going to the gym just for treadmill, we'll just walk around the neighborhood have a good pace.
2 weeks the bandages come off, but realistically won't be lifting weights on the right side three or four months

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Damn man, hopefully you'll have a good recovery and if all the work done right you should be close to 100% in under a year.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah me and my right side went downhill past couple of years. 1st with radial nerve damage and a disc replacement. Now this arm is a about 1 1/2 smaller after disc replacement. Now this... lol. Just look at it as a goal when it's all said and done. Back to my former self

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Yeah me and my right side went downhill past couple of years. 1st with radial nerve damage and a disc replacement. Now this arm is a about 1 1/2 smaller after disc replacement. Now this... lol. Just look at it as a goal when it's all said and done. Back to my former self
Be nice if your other arm was shortened 1.5" to match lol.

New Threads