Meal Timing and Short Halflife Compounds

Reaction score
Hello all. New member here, first post. I got a fairly specific question I couldn't find an answer to elsewhere. I've done a few cycles, and I'm currently on a bulking cycle using Test, Dbol, and Deca. As you most of you probably know, Dbol has a very short half-life. I split a 75 mg / day Dbol dose into 3 different doses throughout the day. My question is, do you all worry about meal timing at all when you take compounds, especially those with very short half-lives? My beginner or intermermediate understanding of AAS is that they increase protein synthesis, so I'm wondering if there's a benefit to taking the Dbol shortly after high protein meals as opposed to what I'm doing now - first thing in the morning before eating. Does it matter at all? If there's an article or something I can read, I don't mind doing my own homework. Just looking for knowledge here, and I know a lot of you are very experienced.

Thanks in advance.

CJ275

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hello all. New member here, first post. I got a fairly specific question I couldn't find an answer to elsewhere. I've done a few cycles, and I'm currently on a bulking cycle using Test, Dbol, and Deca. As you most of you probably know, Dbol has a very short half-life. I split a 75 mg / day Dbol dose into 3 different doses throughout the day. My question is, do you all worry about meal timing at all when you take compounds, especially those with very short half-lives? My beginner or intermermediate understanding of AAS is that they increase protein synthesis, so I'm wondering if there's a benefit to taking the Dbol shortly after high protein meals as opposed to what I'm doing now - first thing in the morning before eating. Does it matter at all? If there's an article or something I can read, I don't mind doing my own homework. Just looking for knowledge here, and I know a lot of you are very experienced.

Thanks in advance.
Don't worry about it, you're over thinking it.

The protein in your meals takes awhile to digest, and the amino acids circulate in your blood for some time. You have hours and hours after a protein feeding where you have aminos available.

As long as you have several protein feedings throughout the day, roughly equally spaced apart, roughly in proportion to each other, and an adequate total daily amount, you're fine.

Reaction score

The protein in your meals takes awhile to digest, and the amino acids circulate in your blood for some time. You have hours and hours after a protein feeding where you have aminos available.

As long as you have several protein feedings throughout the day, roughly equally spaced apart, roughly in proportion to each other, and an adequate total daily amount, you're fine.

Thanks. Kind of what I figured - overthinking it. Good to know!

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
Orals should be taken on an empty stomach being that they are fat soluble(miscibble in fat) and if taken with food will bind with dietary fat/insoluble fiber and pass through your gut. 6 hour half life if you want best results split dosage into 3 for the day. 75mgs is a huge dose I am shocked you are even asking questions like these as with a dose that huge you should be a monster already.

Reaction score
Orals should be taken on an empty stomach being that they are fat soluble(miscibble in fat) and if taken with food will bind with dietary fat/insoluble fiber and pass through your gut. 6 hour half life if you want best results split dosage into 3 for the day. 75mgs is a huge dose I am shocked you are even asking questions like these as with a dose that huge you should be a monster already.

Thanks for the reply. I do split the dosage into 3 different 25 mg doses throughout the day. I knew 75mg was a bit high but not under the impression that it's huge. I read a few protocols calling for 100mg if it seems tolerated well. I don't notice any sides other than significant strength gains right off the bat. I seem to tolerate AAS very well except for Tren which turns me into a total lunatic even at small doses.

I'm not huge compared to this crowd and other bodybuilders, but I'm obviously a bodybuilder and turn heads around normal people in public at 5'8 and 210lbs about 13% or 14% body fat. I'm also 39 years old which doesn't hurt with comparisons since most people my age are schlubbing around at 30% body fat or more.

FearThaGear

Reaction score
I think that CJ summed it up best.

Personally, I don't change my meal timing just because I'm on cycle.

As far as to fast-acting orals like the dbol you are taking currently, I do split my doses up when taking them. I do know many people who only take one dose per day.

For me, it makes more sense to spread the doses throughout the day based on the half-life just as I do with testosterone and taking it more than once per week even though I understand that it will still be present in my blood just at a lower level. The side effects for me seem to be better when I do it this way.

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I do split the dosage into 3 different 25 mg doses throughout the day. I knew 75mg was a bit high but not under the impression that it's huge. I read a few protocols calling for 100mg if it seems tolerated well. I don't notice any sides other than significant strength gains right off the bat. I seem to tolerate AAS very well except for Tren which turns me into a total lunatic even at small doses.

I'm not huge compared to this crowd and other bodybuilders, but I'm obviously a bodybuilder and turn heads around normal people in public at 5'8 and 210lbs about 13% or 14% body fat. I'm also 39 years old which doesn't hurt with comparisons since most people my age are schlubbing around at 30% body fat or more.
I guess I missed your original question (sorry) as long as you split your dose up its going to bee steady through the day. You can't really time meals to peaking blood levels because food releases over a period of hours, just like the drug. What you can do is take your doses when they do the most, 1 in the AM to kick off anabolism 1 pre-workout 1 at bed time. That's probably as good as it gets. And try to take on empty stomach if possible for reason I mentioned.

I shouldn't have criticized you without knowing any of your background. 75 mgs might be fine for you only you know.

Reaction score

This ^

Plus, you've got a couple of the best bulking compounds around in the same cycle with deca and dbol.

I'd personally stick with one or the other and just up the test a little.
But I'll admit I'm not a bodybuilder and my AAS use is for wrestling/boxing/fighting hobby.

But you should bulk nicely if you're eating enough. Timing isn't going to matter that much.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Take 50 pre work out to and 25mg 8 hours after

diesel707

Reaction score
No need to overthink it just take it. People tend to feel smart when they can give some crazy answer as to perfect timing of things but 90% is just bs

Reaction score
No need to overthink it just take it. People tend to feel smart when they can give some crazy answer as to perfect timing of things but 90% is just bs
Exactly.
85% at least is diet and training. Gear is just to boost it amd make it count more

dirtys1x

Reaction score
Yeah like other have mentioned, meal timing is pretty irrelevant. Unless you’re competing in top tier shows, it’s not going to make a difference in your physique.

Reaction score
Why all these freaking mental jerking? I mean just take the damn pills and eat properly dividing your protein as much as you can during the day, remember your body can process maximum 10gr of protein a hour and after 3 hours more or less those protein are out of your digestive tract, so if you wanna maximize your proteine assumption you sadly gotta eat few times a day 35-40gr of protein each meal.

The rest is all jerking off to the void