Most important factors for libido in TRT?

Reaction score
Been on TRT for a few years. Struggling with libido, which at this point is likely not hormone related. That being said, I'd like to tweak my protocol to maximize my chances in this department.

I am unfortunately a high aromatizer (and I don't have a ton of excess fat)

What factors play the biggest role in libido hormonally for you guys on TRT? (Or aas if it translates)

Current protocol:
100mg test e, sub-q split 3x weekly
1050iu hcg, split 3x weekly
No AI

The HCG is new but hasn't been terribly helpful in the libido department (fertility is not an issue at the moment) Usually run 140-160mg test but lowered it for the HCG.

wsmwannabe

Reaction score
First thing's first. Blood testing is your friend. Secondly, If you're a high aromatizer, you should at least strongly consider and AI (but let your blood test determine this unless you're willing to gamble).

My libido and my wiener go to shit if my E2 gets too high

Jonjon

Reaction score
Libido is so complex. I’ve never got it where I want it. Actually on 600 test 600 deca it’s better than it’s been in a long time.

Some say test is too low, some say it’s too high.. some say estradiol is too low, some say too high… some say you need more DHT… blah blah blah

Some say get a hotter wife… any body that says that has no idea what it’s like to suffer from lack of sex drive. It’s awful, and it’s a nightmare for a relationship. Hope you get it worked out

Jonjon

Reaction score
So HCG didn’t help? That was one thing I haven’t tried

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Test Cyp. at 200/wk for TRT is good for me but more test on cycle with an AI and holding my e2 under 40 iss just fine.

Never did HCG and wouldn't expect it to help the libido.

We have hashed out the libido issues many times but I still feel if the BW is good and Wally is still not responding, there's other factors. So much goes on between the ears when it comes to sex it's just crazy. If you're bangin' the same old ass for 20 years the same way it can get old. The stress of life can take a serious toll on your bedroom play too.

Reaction score
So HCG didn’t help? That was one thing I haven’t tried
It didn't hurt but it didn't help the sex drive at all. It helped with pleasure at orgasm though which my doc said may "guide the sex drive to follow". That didn't happen though.

The get a hotter wife shit cracks me up as a single guy. You can give me any woman in the world and I wouldn't be "mentally into it" at times. Although stimulation gets things working physically, the desire isn't there for whatever reason. It's rare. I used to have a very high libido so it definitely feels like a hole in my life.

Regarding blood work, I get it every 3 months or more sometimes. Don't have bw with the hcg though.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
I'm speaking out of my ass here, not from experience, just hearsay from reading around. This isn't recommendation, just a mention in a conversation...
Maybe look into adding 100-200mg of masteron. DHT based, so it should boost libido. Additionally, it could help with aromatization.
Vets, please correct my course if I am off base.

Jonjon

Reaction score
I'm speaking out of my ass here, not from experience, just hearsay from reading around. This isn't recommendation, just a mention in a conversation...
Maybe look into adding 100-200mg of masteron. DHT based, so it should boost libido. Additionally, it could help with aromatization.
Vets, please correct my course if I am off base.

No you’re right on target. Masteron OR proviron help a lot of guys.

I felt good taking masteron but I was taking other compounds too. Im out of masteron but will be adding it back in when I get more. Not sure how good it will be for me to run long term on my trt dose but I’m gonna try it

OldeBull1

Reaction score
@oatmasterflax you mentioned hcg helps with pleasure of orgasm. Please elaborate. Or anybody for that matter.

Reaction score
No you’re right on target. Masteron OR proviron help a lot of guys.

I felt good taking masteron but I was taking other compounds too. Im out of masteron but will be adding it back in when I get more. Not sure how good it will be for me to run long term on my trt dose but I’m gonna try it
Interesting. I know mast is known for libido but was leery of using it long term due to it being harsh on lipids (I believe).

Do you know if it's true that primo has a similar libido effect but is much less harsh on lipids?

Re: Orgasm pleasure, it's nothing mind blowing. On TRT my orgasms got more "dull" I'd say. Also less volume. HCG reversed that somewhat.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
hCG only caused estradiol problems for me. OTOH, it does produce massive loads, but taking too long to reach that point appears to be a problem for the Mrs...

Reaction score
hCG only caused estradiol problems for me. OTOH, it does produce massive loads, but taking too long to reach that point appears to be a problem for the Mrs...
Yeah especially if your drinking adequate amounts of water, big time loads lol

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That’s to much hcg imo. It can cause high estrogen

Jonjon

Reaction score
Interesting. I know mast is known for libido but was leery of using it long term due to it being harsh on lipids (I believe).

There was an old thread on here where a guy tried to do low dose tren with trt. I believe he did it a couple year while monitoring blood work.

If I remember right, his lipids were off at first but after a while they improved even while still taking tren. Would be nice if the masteron would be that way. Might be

Reaction score
I’m assuming you ment 10.50 iu
Nah 1050 iu (350iu 3x a week). Don't feel dramatically different on it, but it isn't helping.

10.5iu x3 seems drastically low, no? The minimum dose is 750iu a week for HCG typically.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nah 1050 iu (350iu 3x a week). Don't feel dramatically different on it, but it isn't helping.

10.5iu x3 seems drastically low, no? The minimum dose is 750iu a week for HCG typically.
500 iu can be used just fine ..
To much hcg I don’t have the scientific term but it will blow your nut sack out

New Threads