My DNP test

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My goal was not to lose 30-40 lbs here since as most of you know, I'm not over weight. The intent was to see how my body reacted to the DNP at a low dose and for short duration. I just want this in my toolbox.

Dose and frequency: 200mg once a day in the morning after a protein bar. Ran the DNP for 13 days.

Weight loss: 2.0 lbs

Diet modifications: none

I don't like guessing on how my body reacts to anything so I did BW on day 12. Everything came back fine and even slightly better. My glucose was the best its ever been by about 8 mmol/L and my cholesterol that's always at the 200 mark come back at 176.

So the question is, Can DNP have a positive effect on glucose and total cholesterol?

Reaction score
My goal was not to lose 30-40 lbs here since as most of you know, I'm not over weight. The intent was to see how my body reacted to the DNP at a low dose and for short duration. I just want this in my toolbox.

Dose and frequency: 200mg once a day in the morning after a protein bar. Ran the DNP for 13 days.

Weight loss: 2.0 lbs

Diet modifications: none

I don't like guessing on how my body reacts to anything so I did BW on day 12. Everything came back fine and even slightly better. My glucose was the best its ever been by about 8 mmol/L and my cholesterol that's always at the 200 mark come back at 176.

So the question is, Can DNP have a positive effect on glucose and total cholesterol?
That is pretty impressive, if there wasn't a prior change to your regimen it's safe to assume its due to the DNP?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
That is pretty impressive, if there wasn't a prior change to your regimen it's safe to assume its due to the DNP?
My weight was on the high end so it does fluctuate down at times but I think this was all DNP. I'm very structured with my diet and training so I can safely say nothing changed.

As for the cholesterol, it was only a total. I just wasn't expecting a drop there.

Reaction score
My weight was on the high end so it does fluctuate down at times but I think this was all DNP. I'm very structured with my diet and training so I can safely say nothing changed.

As for the cholesterol, it was only a total. I just wasn't expecting a drop there.
Did you see any change in the mirror snake?

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
That is very interesting, excellent science experiment Snake. It all seems positive, did you have any negative affects?

lifter6973

Drama Queen
Reaction score
Oh hell no but it was only 2 lbs.
I'm surprised it was not more. Did you sweat like crazy? Like when you woke up was the bed soaked in sweat? Also, did it make you feel tired or like you did not want to do much of anything? Good to see that your bloods did not take a hit.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
It's been known that DNP has a positive effect on insulin sensitivity. I've never heard anything about cholesterol specifically though.

Surprised you only lost 2lbs. Watch to see if you lose more from dropping water weight in the coming week.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I'm surprised it was not more. Did you sweat like crazy? Like when you woke up was the bed soaked in sweat? Also, did it make you feel tired or like you did not want to do much of anything? Good to see that your bloods did not take a hit.
200mg won't make most people sweat too much. It will make most people noticably warm.

Lethargy is also dose specific. I suppose if a person is especially sensitive then they could get very lethargic at 200mg, but very unlikely.

lifter6973

Drama Queen
Reaction score
200mg won't make most people sweat too much. It will make most people noticably warm.

Lethargy is also dose specific. I suppose if a person is especially sensitive then they could get very lethargic at 200mg, but very unlikely.
yeah, I forgot, the few times I tried it I had 250mg caps. They may have been overdosed although I doubt it. The place I got them from (no longer exists) was quite reputable.

It was hard to take 250 mg/day longer than 7 or 8 days.

I did one run at 14 and that's as far as I could go. You could def say I was quite sensitive to it.

At that dose I was sweating like a mother fucker and by div14 I was down about 10 pounds. I kept up with my workouts as best I could and I could def tell a difference in the mirror.

Having said that, I've long been done with DNP. I just don't like the way it makes me feel and the constant sweating no matter what gets old. Following a stricter diet may take a little longer to get the pounds off but at least I don't feel like hot garbage.

Reaction score
yeah, I forgot, the few times I tried it I had 250mg caps. They may have been overdosed although I doubt it. The place I got them from (no longer exists) was quite reputable.

I did one run at 14 and that's as far as I could go. You could def say I was quite sensitive to it.

At that dose I was sweating like a mother fucker and by div14 I was down about 10 pounds. I kept up with my workouts as best I could and I could def tell a difference in the mirror.

Having said that, I've long been done with DNP. I just don't like the way it makes me feel and the constant sweating no matter what gets old. Following a stricter diet may take a little longer to get the pounds off but at least I don't feel like hot garbage.
Yep 250mg is more than enough.I did a three week run last year.I took them before bed to avoid the lethargy.Dont know if he is still around here but his son was on par with Dinitro's.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Update here:

Ive been off for a week now and still dropped 2 lbs. An old UG buddy, DYS told me that may happen.

Bring on the beach. lol

Big shout out to my Met buddy. He may not know his baseball but he knows his DNP.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
awesome run man. the 200mg(powder)/250mg(crystal) is always a great way to keep it simple with everything. you're already lean and 2lbs to some people is like 10 to others. obviously going to have a bell curve with that type of stuff, less you have already, its going to diminish the ratio of it. Was going to say was the 2lbs an overall of just at the 12 day mark...but i see you lost another 2lbs off. most people will see the full effect 5-7 days after they are completely off. no sides is great, its a low low dose which is normal. Also means you tolerate it pretty well, you could always try 400mg/day or 1/2/1 for a 300/day type of run to see if any changes.

but yes, the sugar levels are a great thing with DNP. Yale (I think) was doing a trial with DNP-Xr to work with T2D, but with obvious concerns, no more. Im a type 1 and when I run GH, my sugars are rocketed, I will take 1 EOD and it keeps my sugar in check very easily. When i run a higher mg/day, its very often my sugar will tank. as for the cholesterol, I havent really seen or heard that before... could be a coincidence or might actually help. might be something other people can check when they are running it as well.

Lets go Mets. the other 29 teams... they suck. I dont care what records say

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

you probably were running crystal as those are 250mg compared to just the powder version of 200mg. dosed at 250 which will basically come out to 200mg powder. they do have some different side effects but ultimately same results. ive got a log here somewhere about my differences between the 2.

def sounds like you are a sensitive user to it if you had that much sweats with it. There is another person here, I dont think hes been on a bit, but would take 200mg and was like taking 600mg for some people.

Beti ona

Reaction score
Taking it before bed will not prevent lethargy.

I don't think cholesterol can be affected in such a short run, but it could be.

And yes, blood sugar always improves due to increased insulin sensitivity.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
product available currently. thanks to these yellow fingers now

New Threads