My log

Reaction score
Hey, us "Zonies" from Arizona are laid back just like y'all! ;)
Good to know!

I've never been to US, just so it happens that a lot of content comes from there and it's popular, that social media and forums like this one is what pretty much sums up Americans from our point of view.

Of course we must not forget it's also depending on the person, some are naturally good people while others are toxic to the end.

Reader591

Reaction score
Haven’t seen his explanation. According to him, I may benifit even doing mine slightly longer. Something I may play with in the future, once I’m back a little leaner to start the process back over.

Reaction score
Getting progressively heavier ~256lbs, eating ~5k calories and lifting heavy...

Prioritising lagging muscles now, as I hit my numbers on bench and shoulder press already.

No I'm not anywhere lean, legs are not as pronounced as before, as upper body got bigger and legs stayed the same, but for those who think I have small legs go back to page 1 (2nd comment).

Also please note that I'm taller than average male, my height is 6'2 in US units or 187cm in metric units. So weight on me can't be compared to the average height man.

This is my biggest form, I should say slightly bigger because I have been 250lbs before.

20230124_180225.jpg

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
Getting progressively heavier ~256lbs, eating ~5k calories and lifting heavy...

Prioritising lagging muscles now, as I hit my numbers on bench and shoulder press already.

No I'm not anywhere lean, legs are not as pronounced as before, as upper body got bigger and legs stayed the same, but for those who think I have small legs go back to page 1 (2nd comment).

Also please note that I'm taller than average male, my height is 6'2 in US units or 187cm in metric units. So weight on me can't be compared to the average height man.

This is my biggest form, I should say slightly bigger because I have been 250lbs before.

View attachment 34624
Are you shooting for a certain weight? I assume your lifts are going up with weight too.

Reaction score
Are you shooting for a certain weight? I assume your lifts are going up with weight too.
My lifts are fine, I have achieved my goal already hitting bench press and shoulder press PR's.

I just want to get maximum size now out of this blast and bring up lagging muscles (chest mainly).

I'm focusing on the upper body, as I can squat 500+ any time, I don't need bigger legs (1st page/2nd comment). So they're currently on a stand by.

I finish my bench with 405lbs for reps currently, so I assume I can still hit big number on bench.

Shoulder pressed my body weight, so I think I'm doing pretty damn good.

I'm no PL or BB, I don't care what others say that I don't DL and stuff, I'm still stronger than majority of people and look noticeably bigger in real life than in photos, usually I'm those who compete size, some of them even say I'm bigger than them, usually only PL or serious BB are bigger. I just enjoy doing what I do, I'm no pro and I don't pretend to be one, I'm just the guy who likes to lift and be a gym bro too.

Reader591

Reaction score
Thanks, but I truly do not have the size a lot
Of guys here have. I have a very dense build. Mostly cause of the way a train, but even my dad was that way and he trained more body builder like then me. If you saw me on the streets, you’d tell me I look like I’m in good shape and solid, but you wouldn’t believe I can lift what I can.

I blend that body builder size with the little Olympic Asian lifters that have impeccable technique and this freak ability to tap into every ounce of strength and CNS output their 155lbs frame can output haha…… but truth be told, I’ve learned to like my build.

BUT, every so often I envy you physically big guys haha…

BUT again, at 5’9, I don’t want to look like a stump either, I’d rather look a little more athletic with some size. That’s the way I’m trending anyway. People don’t think I weigh as much as I do.

At 6’2 like you, I’d be wanting to fill out like a son of a gun. 256, pretty lean for the streets, and 6’2 is beastly. So hats off to you.

In the end, most of us have learned by now, it’s just working with what you’ve got. It’s a great place to be, but doesn’t mean every so often we don’t get a little jealous 😂.

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
I almost forgot you were 6'2". I'm the same height. Thanks for being an example to the rest of us tall guys that there is no excuse to not get jacked. 😅👍

Reaction score
Just to show how I look from behind, I really need to catch someone to take pics of me in better lighting...

Sorry for shit pics dudes.

Yeah, ~255lbs ~20% feeling stronger than ever, I'm going to push in to 260's and then stop putting on more weight for awhile, gonna cut to ~235 zone somewhere in March.

20230127_191012.jpg

them delts and arms be poppin!
Awesome to hear man!

@crido887 Talk about wide hips lol...

crido887

Reaction score
Just to show how I look from behind, I really need to catch someone to take pics of me in better lighting...

Sorry for shit pics dudes.

Yeah, ~255lbs ~20% feeling stronger than ever, I'm going to push in to 260's and then stop putting on more weight for awhile, gonna cut to ~235 zone somewhere in March.

View attachment 34714

Awesome to hear man!

@crido887 Talk about wide hips lol...
all about the junk in the trunk

Reaction score
Been a bit lazy lately to update this log...

There are some things that I have changed, first it's diet I now dropped back cals and keep at 4k, as I feel it's easier to consume than 5k and second thing is training routine which is now only 2x per week, yes frequency is low, but I do full body which I always liked with only big bang for your buck exercises with all out effort and try to max out (except deadlifts, I don't like them).

What else to say, well I guess goals are the same keep bulking up to 260's and then drop the shit weight off in March and settle in ~240 for a while after cutting.

Full body twice per week:

1. Bench press 5 sets (start from 220 go up to max weight 400+ for a few reps)
2. Weighted pullups 5 sets (start 30lbs go up to ~60lbs)
3. Barbell rows 5 sets (start from 175 go up to 260-270 for 5 or so semi clean reps)
4. Shoulder press 3 sets (175 max reps/220 max reps/240 for few reps goal of 5)
5. Squats 5 sets (start 220 all the way up to 500lbs for a few reps)

Later on gonna drop the volume a bit and not max out every single time, rather I will try to stick to 6-8 reps with more linear/constant working weight during my cutting phase and keep sets to 3 per exercise, maybe even 2 for some exercises like shoulder press as delts get hit by bench quite heavily too.

Reaction score
Closing in 260! Morning weight still not there yet. Gotta eat more lol.

Upper body got much bigger during this blast, my fifth overall if not counting mini cycles and add ons on cruise.

And sorry boys for shit pic and angle, my hands shook and I wanted no ppl around so yeah quite blurry.

20230206_160724.jpg

Reaction score
February 6th
I spent 4 hours in the gym (yes, unusual), I had to put in the extra work because I won't be able to hit the gym until Saturday. I have to say I felt pretty much dead afterwards and it's not something I really do, it's just because I'm blasting I feel the need to go all out as I feel my blasting might be cut short due to unplanned things going on. So to minimize wasting health and energy for nothing, I at least gonna push myself as much as possible for this short period.

I have to work around bench press now because of wrist/elbow/shoulder, I reduced volume and weight to 330lbs and don't go over that, I use machines to kill chest now. Shoulder press is out of question too, but compensating on press machine, though reps are high and max weight is quite limited.

To make things worse, I managed to twist/hurt my ankle somehow going downstairs fast (I usually use stairs instead of elevator and climb up or down fast), possibly this extra heavy weight is taxing me too, I'm very heavy and I feel like giant turtle compared to my usual athletic self. Will see about squats or I might need to use leg press for a while.

As far as diet goes, it was messy and I binged about 6000 calories, yes a lot of junk food, of course this is just an estimation but it's pretty close and I managed to reach 300g protein.

Few more weeks of this and I'm out, I'm actually waiting to drop some crap weight off, luckily this is not the first time I managed to put on so much weight and lose it quite easily and cutting is my absolute favorite thing!

lifter6973

Expert Alcoholic Fraudster
Reaction score
February 6th
I spent 4 hours in the gym (yes, unusual), I had to put in the extra work because I won't be able to hit the gym until Saturday. I have to say I felt pretty much dead afterwards and it's not something I really do, it's just because I'm blasting I feel the need to go all out as I feel my blasting might be cut short due to unplanned things going on. So to minimize wasting health and energy for nothing, I at least gonna push myself as much as possible for this short period.

I have to work around bench press now because of wrist/elbow/shoulder, I reduced volume and weight to 330lbs and don't go over that, I use machines to kill chest now. Shoulder press is out of question too, but compensating on press machine, though reps are high and max weight is quite limited.

To make things worse, I managed to twist/hurt my ankle somehow going downstairs fast (I usually use stairs instead of elevator and climb up or down fast), possibly this extra heavy weight is taxing me too, I'm very heavy and I feel like giant turtle compared to my usual athletic self. Will see about squats or I might need to use leg press for a while.

As far as diet goes, it was messy and I binged about 6000 calories, yes a lot of junk food, of course this is just an estimation but it's pretty close and I managed to reach 300g protein.

Few more weeks of this and I'm out, I'm actually waiting to drop some crap weight off, luckily this is not the first time I managed to put on so much weight and lose it quite easily and cutting is my absolute favorite thing!
Good luck bro. Damn, 4 hours, that's insane.

New Threads