My new approach to health, and longevity

Reaction score
As many of you know, we have seen a handful of bodybuilders bite the dust this year. To say heavy anabolic use does not play a factor in those deaths is ludicrous. I’m not here to troll or start a bs thread. I’m just here to simply outline my new approach so I can do this for the long run and not kick the bucket before I hit 45. For me, I’m not trying to get much bigger. Maybe another 5-10 pounds of muscle.I’m not a pro, I don’t aspire to be, I couldn’t be even if I wanted to. I’m about to look into starting my family. I do not make money from this sport. But, with the current deaths we are seeing in the body building world, and after getting my recent check up, I’ve concluded it’s best to stick to the follow protocol for both health, longevity, and steady gains
-pharmaceutical compounds only
-12 week blast period of 600-650 test/ week* highest studied dose in young males, proven to be safe. Study from 2006 I beleive* followed by 50 mg of Var 50 mg of a-bombs. *no more than 5 weeks* include Telmesartian and TUDCA, fish oil, and vitamins will be included everyday

-200 mg a week for cruise/hrt

-frequent checkups with bloodwork

-possibly invest in a cpap machine

-a calorie increase of 500 on blast phases

A good goal to shoot for is approximately 1 pound of muscle per month. You can gain about 10-12 pounds of true lean tissue per year when enhanced. *depending on your training, diet, sleep, etc* Wether you’re taking 600 mg, or 4 grams. Granted, you’ll need to be more strict than you would be on 4 grams of multiple compounds. This explanation makes since. If someone started taking AAS at 20, lived 100% “by the book” and did everything to a T, they’d have about 45-50 pounds of lean tissue by age 25. Nick walker seems to be a good example of this. As you can see his progress over the last few years. I may or may not include other pharmaceutical compounds at times, such as primobolan , if I feel that it’s worth it. I’ve said many many many times that I feel testosterone is a shitty muscle builder. Maybe my theory will be proven as false with this new way of going about things, maybe it will be proven correct. Time will tell. Nonetheless, I truly wish everyone stay healthy and live a long, happy life.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
A good goal to shoot for is approximately 1 pound of muscle per month. You can gain about 10-12 pounds of true lean tissue per year when enhanced.
I'm not so sure that is doable if you're planning on cycling. You may get that pound in a month but it's not sustainable unless you're blasting the entire year. Then there is the law of diminishing returns and how close you are to your max. potential.

You gain what you gain in the presents of gear and lose what you lose in the absence of gear.

Safest bet is to just run your TRT. Everyhing after that involves some risk. Now the level of risk you take is a personal decision but there some additional risk in anything above your TRT.

I think it's good you're mindful of your long-term health. Get some cardio in or stay active. My grandfather never knew what cardio was but as an Italian construction worker, work was cardio and he lived into his mid 90's.

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that is doable if you're planning on cycling. You may get that pound in a month but it's not sustainable unless you're blasting the entire year. Then there is the law of diminishing returns and how close you are to your max. potential.

You gain what you gain in the presents of gear and lose what you lose in the absence of gear.

Safest bet is to just run your TRT. Everyhing after that involves some risk. Now the level of risk you take is a personal decision but there some additional risk in anything above your TRT.

I think it's good you're mindful of your long-term health. Get some cardio in or stay active. My grandfather never knew what cardio was but as an Italian construction worker, work was cardio and he lived into his mid 90's.
A majority of the year was going to be a 600 test blast. Depending on health markers, I’d look to add in another Pharma grade compound. I wouldn’t say I’m far off from my max either. I think testosterone is the safest bet long term. But as you said, anything about trt has its risks. I just personally do not like training naturally, never have. A little sprinkle is really all I care for.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
A majority of the year was going to be a 600 test blast. Depending on health markers, I’d look to add in another Pharma grade compound. I wouldn’t say I’m far off from my max either. I think testosterone is the safest bet long term. But as you said, anything about trt has its risks. I just personally do not like training naturally, never have. A little sprinkle is really all I care for.
I doubt you'll ever have a problem on that if you leave the orals out. I do understand how you feel balancing gains, gear use and longetivity.

Reaction score
I'm down with everything until the Nick Walker statement , if that kid doesn't smarten up I really think he is going to end up killing himself , heart attack or stroke at the very least.
I think a lot of them are. Nick, James Hollingshed, Big Ramy, Ian….I just don’t see how they wouldn’t if they don’t drop some pounds. A lot of what they have know, in terms of muscle is not permanent. Sure, they’ll be able and keep some. But I think they all are on that dangerous road

Reaction score
I doubt you'll ever have a problem on that if you leave the orals out. I do understand how you feel balancing gains, gear use and longetivity.
That’s what a source of mine said as well. He said Anavar was a possibility at 50 mg max and only run it for a few weeks during the blast. I try and listen to vigorous Steve a lot too. He seems to be a believer of 600 test and 600 primo blasts

Reaction score
I'm down with everything until the Nick Walker statement , if that kid doesn't smarten up I really think he is going to end up killing himself , heart attack or stroke at the very least.

I'm pretty sure he won't see 40 and that right there is what's wrong with bodybuilding as of late!

Reaction score
Your approach doesn’t look bad. Is the 200 mg/week TRT a Vigorous Steve thing or how did you come up with that number? You should just be shooting for high end of the normal range.

If you truly want to take less risk, come off everything for a couple months and get doctor-prescribed and supervised TRT. That will include regular bloodwork (you’ll still be able to blast in between) and the doctor will be able to monitor everything for you.

I like the way you’re always trying to learn. That’s great. I think you set your expectations a little too high though. That may be why you seem disappointed with the results sometimes. I feel like you are doing that again with the “1 pound per month” thing. For an intermediate or advanced guy, that represents “optimal” results where everything goes perfectly. Does that happen often? Nope. Life gets in the way of our best intentions. Sleep is off sometimes. Jobs may be stressful. We may be busy doing other shit and get a little off with diet or training. All kinds of stuff could pop up. That’s life.

It’s not your profession. Perfectly stated. It’s something you ENJOY. Go about it that way and you’ll love it for a long time. Getting burned out or disappointed detracts from that. Measure this with different metrics. Are you still making progress? Whether in the mirror or progressing the weight? Good. That’s all that matters. Are you still able to do what you enjoy doing. Good. That’s all that matters. Do you still look WAY better than 90% of the population? Good that’s all that matters. Keep your expectations in the proper perspective and you’ll still be doing all this fun in your 30s 40s and 50s.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score

my great grandfather never exercised a day in his life. Was a local small town cop.
96 years old now. smoked for 60 years or so, been retired for 50 years doing almost nothing but occasionally fishing. Eats like absolute shit.
Still kicking.

Sometimes i think we are fooling ourselves thinking theres anything we can really do to control how long we keep ticking.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
my great grandfather never exercised a day in his life. Was a local small town cop.
96 years old now. smoked for 60 years or so, been retired for 50 years doing almost nothing but occasionally fishing. Eats like absolute shit.
Still kicking.

Sometimes i think we are fooling ourselves thinking theres anything we can really do to control how long we keep ticking.
But we sure as shit can do something to maximize our own individual life expectancy.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Still kicking.

Everybody has an anecdote about an uncle or whatever who guzzled moonshine and ate sticks of butter dipped in nutella every day and still lived to a ripe old age. These are extreme genetic outliers and nobody should follow their example.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Everybody has an anecdote about an uncle or whatever who guzzled moonshine and ate sticks of butter dipped in nutella every day and still lived to a ripe old age. These are extreme genetic outliers and nobody should follow their example.
Oh I am certainly not saying we should. I'm only saying shits not fair and we don't have as much control as we would like to think.

Obviously we should take what little control we have into our own hands, I'm certainly not saying none of it matters.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Still kicking.

Genetics trumps everything. There's also something to be said for a good day of fishing.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Genetics trumps everything. There's also something to be said for a good day of fishing. LOL
Stress man. Minimize stress to maximize life.

Can't think of anything much better than a good day of fishing.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Stress man. Minimize stress to maximize life.

Can't think of anything much better than a good day of fishing.

Yeah brother, stress right after genetics. Stress will shorten your life and making miserable the entire time.

supreme666leader

Reaction score
everything is a risk, i feel safer doing this responsibly than someone who flies on planes alot. better to stay away from orals and not do retard doses of injectables either.

if i wasnt on anything id look like shit and be depressed anyway.

BrotherIron

Reaction score

I think it's good you're mindful of your long-term health. Get some cardio in or stay active.
THIS....

Anything over TRT is putting your health at risk to a degree. You just have to decide how much risk you're willing to take.

That's also an excellent point. Conditioning is vital to long term health. There seems to be an overabundance of people who think conditioning is going to keep them from attaining their goals. That is just not the case.

New Threads