New girl getting back to basics😉

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jaya (J-eye-uh) 😂 and I'm new so say howdy!

I got a personal trainer to get me in shape for a tough mudder run that I'm doing in the fall. All he did was hurt my knee. So basically I started talking to this older man at my gym and he was like you are not going to get good information from smart people on TikTok and snap and places like that lol

So I googled it like a ton and I ended up at some other place and they were mean and awful so I ended up here

My problem is I'm like literally the shortest human EVER. Tough mudders have lots of jumping obstacles and stuff like that so I wanted to drop a little bit of the freshman 15 and make my legs strong. But I can't hurt my knee anymore.

I need safe recommendations for my goals. And I'd like to look tone too. So if anyone has any ab exercises they can recommend for a good six pack it would be great

I'm skinny which is good for me but i need some muscle too. The building diets that I've gotten in the past have been like meat and milk city which I don't like. I'm not a meat is murder chick or anything 😂 but I don't like the texture and I like for real can't stand milk or powdered protein.

I know this is a lot to think about but I would really really appreciate any help I can get.

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Protein is very important for building muscle. I am not vegan so I do not know those options but you shot down all the common non-vegan staples I know. Do you dislike all forms of meat (fish, Pork, Chicken, Beef, etc)?

Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Protein is very important for building muscle. I am not vegan so I do not know those options but you shot down all the common non-vegan staples I know. Do you dislike all forms of meat (fish, Pork, Chicken, Beef, etc)?

I don't need a lot of muscle I don't think so maybe I can eat just a little meat and pork is just gross but fish and sushi and stuff totally can do!!!

Butch_C

Pony Boy
Reaction score
I don't need a lot of muscle I don't think so maybe I can eat just a little meat and pork is just gross but fish and sushi and stuff totally can do!!!
Eat fish then, Salmon is really good for you. Try to get .8-1 gram per lb of body weight per day. Almonds and peanut butter also have protein and healthy fats. If you want to be tone, muscle is a requirement. There are many smarter people here than me that I am sure can help you.

GSgator

Reaction score
Welcome aboard I ran a tough muddy about 8 years ago it was a blast . How did you hurt your knee were you doing weight training or running ? There’s some good Plyometric (jump training) programs out there or find some stairs to run. Those will tone you up and get you ready for that race .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome aboard I ran a tough muddy about 8 years ago it was a blast . How did you hurt your knee were you doing weight training or running ? There’s some good Plyometric (jump training) programs out there or find some stairs to run. Those will tone you up and get you ready for that race .
Great! I bet it was hard. But you probably aren't 5 foot 2. 😂

So I was squatting and it just started hurting really bad all the time. People say squatting is life and stuff but they must not be doing the kind that I am😂😂😂

GSgator

Reaction score
Great! I bet it was hard. But you probably aren't 5 foot 2. 😂

So I was squatting and it just started hurting really bad all the time. People say squatting is life and stuff but they must not be doing the kind that I am😂😂😂
Well definitely stop squatting then. There’s a ton of other exercises you can try and ease into them. Lunges are great and you can modify them if you still have pain. Also try wrapping that that knee if it still hurts.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score

New Threads