New here

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here after a decade hiatus from real strength training. I was on an older forum circa 2008, though can't remember the name for the life of me... maybe bodybuilding.com. Anyway, I am a lifelong fitness enthusiast that has always regularly lifted, but the past decade my focus has been on alpine, rock, and ice climbing, so strength to mass ratio was always the highest priority. My training was built around lots of pullups and cardio, and diet included a pretty rigorous intermittent fasting regimen.

More recently I have become interested in putting on some legit mass so have ditched the fasting and started eating more... pretty amazing how just adding in steady protein throughout the day has helped me blow through some plateaus that have been plaguing me for years!

I don't think my focus will every be on strict bodybuilding, but I am interested in maximizing strength and staying ripped for the bitches;) I am hoping to use the knowledge of the community to improve my training strategies, but also intend to contribute where I can.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
You nailed that. Eating training and rest are all so important but overlooked. It took me years and many training partners just to find out what works and what doesnt. As for food I don't think you ever get it perfect. But you can get good at knowing what to tweek depending where you are in the bulking or cutting area.
Great insight from you. Hope you find what you are looking for. If not you will find like minded people to chat with here.
Hi and welcome.

New Threads