New Program

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Also @Test_subject your thoughts on training muscles still slightly sore? I've debated this before, I recall major muscles needing 72 hours and not more to recover with soreness just meaning lactic acid was present etc. So training sore muscles should be ok so long as past refractory period no?
I’ll weigh in. You can still train a sore muscle.
I don’t even believe you have to give it necessarily 72 hours depending on effort and volume. It’s all individual.
I did the Phil Hernon fullbody everyday and did 1 set to failure for each body part every day and I’d train anywhere from 3-10 days in a row before taking a day off. I was still able to grow and add reps or weight. I was always atleast a little sore.

Reaction score
I don’t even believe you have to give it necessarily 72 hours depending on effort and volume. It’s all individual.
I did the Phil Hernon fullbody everyday and did 1 set to failure for each body part every day and I’d train anywhere from 3-10 days in a row before taking a day off. I was still able to grow and add reps or weight. I was always atleast a little sore.
I agree, it depends on the individual - got to know your recovery capability. Clearly ok to train if not or only a little sore, might be ok if sore, but might not ... and that can be a frustrating lesson.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Essentially.

I'm on:
chest/Tris
Back/calves
Rest
Hamstring/bicep
Shoulders/chest or back pump work
Quads
Rest

Kinda all over the place

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
But everything is still getting hit 2+ times per week, either directly or indirectly (with the possible exception of quads/hams, depending upon your specific leg movements). So it's a good set up.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
But everything is still getting hit 2+ times per week, either directly or indirectly (with the possible exception of quads/hams, depending upon your specific leg movements). So it's a good set up.
Oh yeah it's not "bad" I'm enjoying mixing it up.
But it doesn't feel optimal only hitting quads once a week or back.
The pump work is nice suplimentally but doesn't feel like it cuts it.

PPL just seemed better all around except for needing an additional training day

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Methyl mike

Accelerati Incredibilus
Reaction score
Phil Hernon was a huge dude, I don't know anything about his training I just remember him being controversial for some reason. Glad you weighed in, I thought I was crazy but you basically seconded my gut instinct.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Here’s what I’m currently doing.
Push A, Back/hamstringsA, off, quads/bicepsA, off, repeat with second rotation.
Everything gets plenty of stimulation 2x in a 7 day period.
If I want to focus more on one bodypart I can alter things within the days.
My tricep movements aren’t too effected because I don’t lock out on my pressing movement and I’m only doing one press for chest. Shoulders are lateral raises.

Thewall

Elite
Reaction score
Just seen old thread disregard post

Last edited: