Nice to be here!

Reaction score
- Text wall warning -

Hey all. Just joined today, already feeling welcome after reading a few threads with intellectual contributions from people that actually understand the science of physiology and pharmacology.

I'm in my late 20s, been lifting consistently since high school until covid hit. After I started, I became addicted to the confidence that being in shape gave me. More attention from girls, being the guy that was the go-to for lifting something heavy or opening the pickle jar with ease after all others had failed haha. I love that bodybuilding is one of very few hobbies which the results of your dedication are showcased on your person for all to see and for you to enjoy.

The pandemic really put a damper on my fitness journey, but motivation naturally comes in phases. I've recently rediscovered the joy of fitness and bodybuilding as a hobby, just as one enjoys their favorite show or movie after years without watching it. My current goal is to cut from ~16% to about ~10% body fat to set me up for a successful bulk. Fortunately, at about 137lb and 5'7", it's not too far out of reach. I know that I don't have much muscle on me compared to most of you, but I'm not exactly a stick and I'm happy with my body as it is. Happy, but not complacent, and always striving to hit new goals in my physique!

I've been experimenting with different dieting techniques recently. I tried intermittent fasting, low carb, paleo, etc to find what works for me. What I've learned: 1) Low carb makes cutting so much easier but strict keto takes it a bit too far for me. Fuck any diet that tells me an onion is off limits because it has too much sugar. 2) IF makes cutting easier and teaches me to be in tune with hunger - an important life skill that most people in developed countries have lost - but is not on its own an effective tool for me, because 3) My hunger cues lie, and calorie counting, as much as it sucks, is the only way to tackle both cutting and lean bulking for me. The numbers don't lie, and I love the feeling of enjoying my meal without worrying about the nutritive content or how it helps/hurts my fitness goals.

As far as compounds go, what a time to be alive. Some people view PEDs as 'shortcuts' or 'cheating.' The way I see it, we are reaching a pinnacle of fantastic pharmacological innovation. For those willing to take risks and experiment, the rewards can be huge. We have identified the bottleneck process in fat loss and muscle building, and have designed or discovered compounds that specifically target these rate limiting steps to unleash the potential of the human body while mitigating sides. I've run a couple cycles of LGD, and I've experimented with cardarine, clenbuterol, and DNP. It's thrilling to find out how these compounds work and how their modes of action manifest in my body, both in terms of desirable and undesirable effects. I've even taken to experimentation with nootropics, but that's a bit out of context for this forum.

Anyways, it's nice to be here. I look forward to learning from your experiences and sharing my own.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Hey bro, welcome. Same height here, weigh 190. You can get up there. I was less than your weight when I started out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dont forget masters of bro science as well

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Little advice, there's another way to lower your bodyfat percentage besides dieting to lose fat....

If you gain muscle, your bf% will go down while your overall bodyweight increases.

You're 137 lbs. To hit your 10% goal, you'd need to get down to 129 lbs.... And that's just stupid. That's a woman's weight.

I respectfully request that you stop dieting and start growing.

Reaction score
Started at about the same weight but im a little taller about 6 months ago, up to 160 now! You can do it!

Reactions: CJ

New Threads