Noob is unsure

Reaction score
Guys,

My homies still dump the egg yolk. Only the whites are consumed. I try to keep up with that, but most of the times i allow a small portion of the yolk to be mixed with the whites.

I now read that the INTERNET says that taking the yolk is fine aa well and that there could be no harm.

I consume about 4 eggs a day - keeping it low due to my age (51 years)

What do you guys do ? Still omit the yolk ?

Reaction score
Guys,

My homies still dump the egg yolk. Only the whites are consumed. I try to keep up with that, but most of the times i allow a small portion of the yolk to be mixed with the whites.

I now read that the INTERNET says that taking the yolk is fine aa well and that there could be no harm.

I consume about 4 eggs a day - keeping it low due to my age (51 years)

What do you guys do ? Still omit the yolk ?
It's not gunna kill you; it just has a ton more calories than the egg whites. So when you're cutting calories to lose weight, it's a simple solution with a pretty good result

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
If its a cholesterol concern or Dr issue you can always buy cartons of egg whites at the market and add in one whole egg to a cup of whites for taste and scramble em up.

Reaction score
Hey,

When it comes to consuming eggs, it's a matter of personal preference and individual dietary needs. So let me share some insights based on common practices among bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts.

In the past, there was a belief that egg yolks should be avoided due to their cholesterol content. However, more recent research suggests that the cholesterol found in eggs doesn't significantly impact blood cholesterol levels for most people. In fact, the yolk contains essential nutrients like vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as healthy fats, which are beneficial for overall health.

Many bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts now include egg yolk in their diet, recognizing it as a valuable source of nutrients. The yolk provides additional protein, healthy fats, and micronutrients that contribute to muscle growth, hormone production, and overall well-being.

However, it's important to consider your specific dietary needs, including any health conditions or dietary restrictions you may have. For example, consulting with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian can provide personalized advice if you have concerns about cholesterol or other factors.

As for my personal approach, I typically include the whole egg in my diet. I find it to be a convenient and nutritious option, especially when aiming to meet my protein and nutrient requirements. However, listening to your body, understanding your needs, and making choices that align with your health goals and preferences is crucial.

Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to egg consumption. Feel free to experiment and find what works best for you.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of these robotic-type people. What are they trying to do here?
Normally they come in and try to pad their post count numbers quickly, so as to hit the minimum required to be able to send DMs, then they carpet bomb.

This dude... Remains to be seen. 👀🧐🤔

Diesel59

Elite
Reaction score
If its a cholesterol concern or Dr issue you can always buy cartons of egg whites at the market and add in one whole egg to a cup of whites for taste and scramble em up.

That was my dinner tonight. No cholesterol concerns but just trying to keep my fat levels down for now.

Punctuation... Paragraphs... It's not normal behavior!!!

chatGPT is normalizing this heathen crap!

Reaction score

Yes, it a cholesterol concern. I just did my test. The bad cholesterol is about 3.98

So i am worried.

I think i will even skip the one whole egg 😅

Reaction score
It's not gunna kill you; it just has a ton more calories than the egg whites. So when you're cutting calories to lose weight, it's a simple solution with a pretty good result

If i was in my 40’s i still would not worry. I am 51 😁

Reaction score
Every three years or so, it seems the narrative changes on eggs. I'm 59 and I eat everything but the shell.

Reaction score
Yes, it a cholesterol concern. I just did my test. The bad cholesterol is about 3.98

So i am worried.

I think i will even skip the one whole egg 😅
3.98? What units is that in? What country are you from? In the US, we use mg/dl and that would be a very good LDL number. Very low.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
Thought I was in intro. Not what you eat. Or is that ok for an intro now.
I eat eggs both white and yoke together. But the emus we keep (australian ostrich) dont lay many eggs. None without a yoke.
An egg is about the size of a man's fist.
So if a woman has an egg for breakfast she may tell her friends she got fisted this morning. Is she is a big eater double fisted.
Hi.

Reaction score
3.98? What units is that in? What country are you from? In the US, we use mg/dl and that would be a very good LDL number. Very low.
Asia. I am told that the LDL should be below 2.58, i am at 4.02 ( my earlier quote was a mistake - i am new to this 😁)

Attachments

• 979F0CA2-6D12-410B-AC63-FEAEDE86B5E5.jpeg
    979F0CA2-6D12-410B-AC63-FEAEDE86B5E5.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1

Reader591

Reaction score
I have times I eat 12-18 whole eggs a day. I have no issues with it. But of course……

However, it's important to consider your specific dietary needs, including any health conditions or dietary restrictions you may have. For example, consulting with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian can provide personalized advice if you have concerns about cholesterol or other factors.